Finally. The Error-Post

*puts on a tuxedo and steps in front of the crowd*

test 1,2 - 1,2

Heya Error

Lets start:

Quote:

Please, please focus more on that when you blatantly rip off the game. Wait, did I say it out loud? (Typing, more like). Right now, it just screams "Clone of Portal!", its sad. Add more of your ideas. Yeah, yeah, I see, you've added the "Tusc"-joke into it - which is, whatever. Who cares, really. But, please, for the love of god, add something to it which is made by you. Right now, you could just as well create maps for Portal. Add your own, exciting gameplay mechanic!
How about, I don't know, how about the player could create his own construction similar how a spider builds its webs? Change the way gravity works, maybe even only for single objects? Rotate things - by which I mean, also complete parts of the level, ANYTHING. You may keep the portals in there, but don't make it the only thing of it. You could even have something unique in every "testchamber". Heck, some of the ideas could be great fun in a 3d environment.

Yeah well, all you and everyone else here knows is that its some kind of "Portal clone" screaming "CLONE OF PORTAL" But honestly, for those few people who work with me on this project, we know its not a 1:1 ripoff. There'll be a lot of exciting new ideas and jokes!

But lets keep in mind that this is actually more a demo to show off that something like Portal, _IS_ possible in 3dgs, even without using shaders and some kind of weird matrices and mathematics talk...

Quote:

Then, theres the story-side. You know. "Portico Program", huh? Clever. At least, you didn't write "Portalico", that would have been even more obvious, heck, you even replaced the "O" with a portal picture!
That "You cannot create shoes for orphans with it."-gag is too much for me, though. Thats an insider gag, but not a good one.

Yeah the name is awesome isn't it?

No, seriously, as mentioned. It actually is kind of a Portal clone.. But then again, as i said, it also has an own storyline; AND, in contrary to Portal, you will get a bit more information about the "outer world" and "who you are". Altogether in a nice tasty package and with a good bunch of humor and 3dgs-insider jokes.

Quote:

But please. Don't create the dialog using a text-to-speech program. Ask anybody to do it for you, if you don't want to do it yourself (maybe, you want a female voice, in that case, you probably cannot do it yourself). It looses its charme. I mean, yes, the voice of GLADoS is emotionless (for most of the game, at least), but it IS a human voice, and you can tell. "Thank you for helping us help you help us all" - things like that have to be said fluently without any gaps or breaks in the speech, and text-to-speech doesn't have that. It just doesn't sound natural, and thats the key.

I didn't use any text-to-speech programs actually. Maybe it doesn't sound too GLADoS like because the GLADoS voice is actually a female one and my [sarcasm](very) manly deeeeep voice[/sarcasm] doesnt resembles it too much.

But thanks for comparing me to Microsoft Sam

Quote:

AS for the rest of the story - who knows, really. You're not really telling much, and I couldn't be bothered to encrypt the oh-so-secret messages in your teaser, so maybe I'm missing it.

well, you should. if you want to know more about the story. I just gonna take that "oh-so-secret" part as some kind of sarcasm rest assured, there is an exciting story. Don't worry

Quote:

Your screen isn't too far off of portal, placeholdertextures in mind, but theres still room for improvement (the office space). Apart from that, there really isn't much to see, so I cannot comment on it.
Is the gameplay working? That portal-stuff? That'd be interesting to know.

You got me, actually i posted that (relatively) old screen cause people here were begging for in-game pics, so I just granted that wish.

As for the portal stuff: Yeah it's working. Though still some problems with the physics, but the portals "as is" do work perfect. Just like in... well... portal

Quote:

Thank you for your attention. Please don't hate me.

I don't hate you. I love all your posts

<3

Quote:

Although, that JCL Companion Cone - that gag was great. Thats awesome. More of that, please! You could create a complete Conitec-companion-primitive-set!

Cheers

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku