I see. Apparently, I got the wrong idea about that project, then. Sorry.

Quote:

But lets keep in mind that this is actually more a demo to show off that something like Portal, _IS_ possible in 3dgs, even without using shaders and some kind of weird matrices and mathematics talk...

So it is more of an experiment to see if this is possible, huh? Okay. Thats something different, then. Plus, given that you said that

Quote:

There'll be a lot of exciting new ideas and jokes!

I think I can live with it. Hopefully. Depends on how "new" and "exciting" these ideas are. Don't disappoint me!

Quote:

I didn't use any text-to-speech programs actually. Maybe it doesn't sound too GLADoS like because the GLADoS voice is actually a female one and my [sarcasm](very) manly deeeeep voice[/sarcasm] doesnt resembles it too much.

Oh. Uhm. Alright. That, err, of course, I was only joking when I said that! What I meant to say was that... that... oh, whatever. Ask someone else to do it. Or just make your "Glados" (you... probably won't call it "Glados") a male. That would work, too! And you wouldn't have to play around with the pitch of your voice, making you sound like a very frustrated Microsoft Sam.

Quote:

As for the portal stuff: Yeah it's working. Though still some problems with the physics, but the portals "as is" do work perfect. Just like in... well... portal

Thats great to hear One of the developer commentaries was about the problems they had with physics in portals, so you're not alone

Quote:

besides, what's wrong with clones?

I don't really have a fundamental problem with clones. It`s not that it keeps me up at night (unlike the fact that there are people really sounding like Microsoft Sam!). However, you will agree that creating a clone is still lots of work, and I find it kind of sad to see all that hard work, potential and clever ideas in the creation, but only very few unique ideas. There is lots of cleverness involved, but none of it spent on creating new ideas making the whole thing different and more fun.
This has so much potential, I'd hate to see it "wasted" by not adding new stuff in it.

Gameplay si one thing, but the story is, as far as I know (and what do I know, right?), too close to Portal. No, wait, maybe "story" isn't the right word, but certain elements of the settings are. "Tuscture", "Portico", the "shoes-for-orphans"-gag, the name of the Portal gun, all that.

However... I have also thought this wasn't "just" an experiment to see if yo can create Portal in 3DGS, so I've judged it accordingly. Now, however, I see that this was wrong, and this is a just-for-fun, see-if-its-possible project, which I think is okay, but a very different thing. I wish you all the best of luck, and I'm looking forward to more stuff, especially things that show the portals itself are working

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!