Quote:

It is often better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt, so to say

I guess it is too late for me then.

I have proceeded to work on it and things have gone very well. I can now dynamically create a new canvas with controls on it or read it in from a file. I am in the process of hooking up an event system so that c-script can react to a button being clicked or a new item in the list box being selected. It is kind of fun having a draggable dialog inside of GameStudio.

Thanks for the encouragement.

pappenheimer --

A better verbal description

I am creating a set of GUI controls for use with 3D GameStudio. If anyone has used a windows Dialog or the Torque GUI system you should be familiar with what I am creating. I am curious what people think about something like this

The idea is to create a Canvas/Dialog and then place controls on it, (button, list box, and labels, border, picture, check box, radio button, menu). Control placement and settings are defined from a definition file.

Each control can have one of 9 different border types, a background image, a starting and stopping gradient color to draw the background in. All colors have an alpha component so controls that range from opaque to transparent are easily created by adjusting the alpha value.

Here are a couple of older screen shots so you can visually see what I mean.

Here are some images from my very first test with a couple controls. The first one is completely opaque and the second one is partially transparent