Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Akow, 1 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: when the forum will upgraded? [Re: D3D] #173622
12/26/07 05:07
12/26/07 05:07
Queensland - Australia
Nidhogg Offline
Serious User
Nidhogg  Offline
Serious User

Queensland - Australia
You make good points, But as the saying goes "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" or "Old habits are hard to break"...

All I was suggesting was, That since the forums are going to be
upgraded anyway, why not have those couple of extra forums.

No I didn't mean another area for C++/Delphi etc.

Just voiceing my opinion for an area for lite-c and another for c-script. Not including showcase,hihger languages and the like.

If that's to hard for people to follow, I am sorry I even started this
topic.....

Hope you all have a good new year...

Windows XP SP3
Intel Dual Core CPU: E5200 @ 2.5GHz
4.00GB DDR3 Ram
ASUS P5G41T-M LX
PCIE x16 GeForce GTS 450 1Gb
SB Audigy 4
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus
Re: when the forum will upgraded? [Re: Nidhogg] #173623
12/26/07 11:05
12/26/07 11:05
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

I'd even prefer a reduction of forums - it's so many of them currently. I often miss interesting threads because they are in some forums where I didn't expect them to be.

Re: when the forum will upgraded? [Re: Nidhogg] #173624
12/26/07 11:35
12/26/07 11:35
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Quote:

But as the saying goes "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" or "Old habits are hard to break"...

Sorry but you aren´t an old dog, are you So the first one doesn´t count. The second one maybe, but it only says that it is hard and not impossible. It is the wrong attitude for game developement. Computers are developing vey fast and so are gameengines doing. So you should always be open to learn something new. If you don´t want that, stick with an old engineversion and develope you projects with that version. It isn´t a problem but you can newer reach the quality of those using a modern gameengine with good artworks and great programmingknowledge. And as most are going with the newest versions, the community support for the older will get less and less as the distance between the versions rises.

I think this:
Quote:

Do you want to see more forums for C/C++/Delphi? Sure this would give clear oversight, but also presents extra moderator work.

was meant as an example why there shouldn´t be that many forums. But I don´t think that the moderator work is the problem but more that there will be nearly no activity on the different boards and as Firoball says, that you will lose the overview even more.

If you need some help with converting, than just post it in the right forumsection and you will get some.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de