Quote:

So what I am proposing here is a listed methadology from experienced users who know how to handle these issues and provide a layout of the methods employed to overcome common AI nodeless issues in both block and entity levels either as working or theory discussions.

I really think this is a good idea, and will contribute as I work it through myself - Coincidentally, I like to think AI is my strongpoint and graphics my weakpoint.

I'd also say nodeless handling is great for client-side handling of movement, if nodes of a server-side pathfinding are passed to the clients, and they then move on each client with flocking/ avoidance/ etc. strategies, to get a reasonable intelligence, and keep them "following" where the server says they should be. (standard lag/ prediction plus flocking/ avoidance)

If anyone has "standard" avoidance movement to place here as a start, I'll experiment and put my own contributions on top of it. I'm currently still working the server side, with automatic node construction and a-star pathfinding returning a list of nodes or points to get close to on the way. I'm not looking to steal someone's code either, but I think this discussion could be great for those looking to start prototyping in 3dgs without the 3 months background work on basic movements. (say 2 weeks running through our expert's opinions and samples to get a rough prototype that can then be re-written to suit their own plans once the graphics/ models and levels are coming together)

Don
have a great day