Quote:

UT is awesome , but I 100% agree with boozar , Quake 3 OWNZ UT , very very sad thing quake dropped the arena titles in favor of BORING mission based Q4 which isnt worth a demo download.

Rumor has it iD Software is going to make another tournament-style Quake game, but I really have to disagree that Quake 3 Arena ever was better than any of the Unreal Tournament games. Starting from Unreal Tournament they've always had the better maps, more interesting and faster gameplay, cooler comments and better overall experience.

Perhaps graphically the Quake 3 Arena style is better, I'm really a fan of the old-school Quake 1 style graphics, but gameplay-wise Quake 3 Arena was no were near UT1. Quake 3 Arena is not at all a bad game, it rocks too and I have played it many many many hours, but I've played the first UT for years literally. Not just because it simply had more levels.

I'm not sure about Unreal Tournament 3 yet. It's a cool game so far, there definitely are some awesome additions like the hoverboards and new intersting things in new game modes. Basically it hasn't réally changed all thát much from Unreal Tournament 2004 though and for fans of onslaught in UT2004-style there's already an Onslaught only-mod out there.

I have to agree with the critics though that it's questionable whether the game has evolved enough. I like the gameplay and the graphics although they have a different more saturated style now. Leveldesign is topnotch as always, but I refuse to use Gamespy. It just sucks and won't ever get things right and not annoying..

Bots in UT3 are better than ever, no dumb actions anymore with vehicles. In practically all areas the series has improved, but it also become a way more 'console'-like title, something I really don't like about it. Graphicsstyle is a matter of taste, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

It's a great game to play, but it's definitely not as innovative as UT or UT2004 were.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software