Quote:

New lightmapper that supports radiosity, spot lights and light emitting faces BETA.

from forecast. note the 'BETA' status, and remember that jcl said this will be available in the 7.8 release (we're on 7.7 atm, with a cleaned up version coming soon after jcl gets home).

depth of field and shadow mapping shaders have already been developed by individuals in our community who are good with shaders, and depth of field isn't even mentioned in the article we are discussing (and as i said before, neither is realtime AO).

ventilator uses blender for the dual-uv-set exports and while it isn't ideal for those who don't want to use blender, no one can expect everyone's favourite tools to be useful in dual-uv-set creation.

besides, the second uv set plugin can't be that difficult if we've already seen people showcasing it's use on the showcase 1 forum and praising it's ease of use.

i'm not arguing about the theoretical -- everything mentioned in the article is built-in to Gamestudio except putting AO in a second uv-set, which ventilator has covered for us and has been demonstrated by him and other users.

the only 'theoretical' and untested part of my side of this discussion was the mention of screen-space AO shaders that some of us are working on, which still are unrelated to the article we're discussing.

basically in the end, my post was written to nullify your implications that Gamestudio isn't even nearly capable of all that was in the article without at least "a few plugins" (at the moment only one is needed, and even that won't be necessary for the features mentioned in the article in the next update), and that we needed to "create shaders for things like AO" (realtime implied, as static doesn't require anything special), which isn't discussed in the article.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!