Quote:

I know this, too. There are Deja-vu and Jamais-vu.
But, the scientific explanation is nonsense in my opinion. They don't have actually an empirical base to state such a connection between some simply physical observations and a complex mental event like a deja-vu or jamais-vu.

I don't think that it is something supernatural, but the scientific explanation makes no sense IMO.

I had jamais-vus (never seen) several times where I remembered that I already seen a scene in one of my dreams, and I remembered that I dreamed it. And, I had dreams where I had the strong feeling that this will certainly happen, and it happened a long time later, when didn't expect it. Those are too complex mental processes to explain them with a simple hick up of the brain.

Well, off course the current scientific theory is just a theory... an idea of what *might* be the cause. They don't really know yet.

Who says that they are 'hick ups' as in something going wrong or being negative? It might as well just be the brain evaluating possibilities consciously because they might matter. According to most scientists there are no things we do not think about when we register everything that happens in our life, as in... if something happens our brain seems to registrate a lot, but only actively remembers a small percentage of that. If we remember 'pieces' of the puzzle that we already know relatively subconsciously, then that's where it might struck us as if we now know things we didn't know before.

When it comes to dreams, it always strikes me how they seem to somehow be important, which is why I think it has to do with the function of dreams, which seems to be processing thoughts, emotions and possibilities based on our everyday experiences.

What would experiencing a thought be like, when we're simply evaluating a memory of years ago?? Perhaps it would feel like having a déja-vû too.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software