A Great Congrats to you and everyone involved in bringing

THE WONDERFUL END OF THE WORLD

to release!

After following your work with interest for some time I say it's great to see all your hard work coming together and lead to this well rounded release. It is a true inspiration to us all (well, me at least) that spend a lot of time with a specific production goal in mind. I have a few questions about the process of development, production and release that you have gone through to reach this great point in time. I hope you have a little time and don't mind to help shed some light on what it takes to bring production to market. See it as a mini-interview:

1/ Time from Idea to Release: All in all considering the overall time of development, how much time actually passed from the initial date of conception of the game idea to this years release? Looking back at the time passed for this game, is there anything you would do different or that you think could lessen the time passed, or do you think the time passed is what you reasonably should expect from this kind of development?

2/ Time in hours actually spent to bring idea to release: This is of course difficult to answer, not least because your mind was probably engaged in your game project even when not being "officially" at work. However, in actual work hours, how many would you estimate were used for the different aspects of your development and production process, roughly breaking it down in the following: Scripting, Art Work (Graphics & Sound), Game Process (technique and strategy), Brainstorming, Business Administration (Necessary paper work etc), Promotion & PR (including ad production), Outlet Representaion (Web Site etc.). Of course, feel free to elaborate on the numbers.

3/ Pro's and Con's of going from Idea To Release: There have probably been a number of ups and downs in your journey leading to the release of THE WONDERFUL END OF THE WORLD. Now in retrospect, did you encounter any particular pitfall or difficulty that used up a lot of time and energy that you'd rather spent on something else and how would you avoid it now if you could?

4/ Last question on the shortlist, a bit of a touchy-feeling one: Thinking about that your work already serves as inspiration to many, in your opinion what is the most important point or points to keep in mind that will help an Indie to follow through with a complete game project all the way from idea to release?

Again, feel free to answer or comment as much as you feel like doing. It will be interesting to hear your take on these questions.

Congrats again Ichiro!

cheers,
tindust
(Mark)