Quote:

There are some straightforward ways, such as replacing the icon in the acknex.dll with a user icon. This is certainly easy to do and if it's important, I'll put it on my future feature list.Is it possible with some tricks to make the engine difficult to determine, but that would mean a lot of effort from our side for a purpose that almost no one needs. If it's really important for you, use a wrapper such as Thinstall. Though this will not really prevent anyone from finding out what your game was made with, it will not be this visible at a first glance.

Thanks JCL.

The icon replacement would be meaningful to a lot of people, I think. Not even in terms of hiding acknex from publishers, but for having "ownership" of the game.

I know that with Delphi and Director, too, users of these programs were also disappointed that they could not use their own icons without jumping through a lot of hoops. The first thing someone saw was, "oh, look this was made with director"-- which isn't relevant to the game/product at hand.

The bad rap that HeelX and I and others are talking about, I think, is undeserved and due to misinformation, a new product identity would remove that. Something further removed from the "click together" game maker association. I'd not want so much to downplay it.