In my point of view:

Game Studio product now is entering the state of development software like VB, VC, or Delphi, and indeed important to put the icon editor and version info features.

Imagine if the programmer finally finished the game and get suprised because they can't use their own icon, also to be more annoying when he/she right click the exe file and find out if the information in Version tab is saying "Game Studio", "ver 7.7" "copyright to Conitec". He/she will scream: "Wait a minute! I made this program, this program is belong to me!"

In Delphi for example, this development software provide us feature to change the icon (without forcing programmer to do the harsh method), and option to add information like: Copyright, programmer name, file version, ect and can be accessed via right click on the exe file (distributable file).

I believe this is not a mater of reason "to hide the engine identity" or other similiar things, but the freedom to configure the program atribute. Programmer will me more gladful if they can create exe or dll file with his/her own attribut (icon & version info). If someoene ask what kind of engine did they use? i believe most of programmer will just say "3dgamestudio or A7" (atleast i will said that).

Also, when no icon changing and version info feature, most programmer will think if they dont have full copyright/ownership of the software which they created using Game Studio (at least that what i believe).

So, custom icon + version info feature would be a great things to add.