GameStudio has grown up, but perhaps a little advertised as if it was meant for kids. Only if you look more closely you'll notice that there are three levels and level 1 is the click-together-games. Which is suitable for someone who doesn't want to learn programming or just starting out.

So maybe there isn't anything wrong with the name GameStudio that's just the toolset. Other than that it sound very general. Maybe some members feel a little awkward when another member released something created with the same product and that they rather would not be affiliated with this. Not see what this has to do with work release by yourself (JetpackMonkey), i've seen some of your work on the forum and it looked very good. I have TGEA and can make a bad game, but that would not do any harm to everyone else using Torque.

You can read rants on any game somewhere and it's just a opinion by someone. If everyone is 100% happy with everything I would not believe it, because without some negative noise, the positive becomes a little unclear. To me at least. Not think anything can be perfect in each and everyone point of view.

Never had a meeting with any publisher so I cannot speak about how it feels, although I have a good imagination. Personally I donīt understand why someone would react strange if you tell them that this is not a template game, but created artwork yourself and programmed the game by only using the engine. The fact that there are some lesser quality games out there created with the same engine does not speak for your work.

If I was on a serious meeting with a publisher and worked very hard to create a good prototype and showed my work. And then after telling how the art was created and everything was programmed he/she would only react in a insulting way after hearing the words "GameStudio" like I make some joke, that would be the end of the conversation and on to the next one.

I mean if a publisher believes acknex engine is crap and they rather purchase a license to another engine for me and have everything programmed in C++ by freelancers for the comming two or more years then that would be fine. Otherwise if the game is good as it is why be crazy not to accept. Money is money to publishers, it's not like they would take it out your hands like a charity.

There are developers who strictly program their game in C++ using the GameStudio engine. This is not something easy. This is not click-game-button work. And the same goes for C-Script and Lite-C. Even though it is somewhat easier to use then doing it in C++, it still requires a lot of learning.

Sure I would understand a publisher refuse my work if I go there with the car demo or any template shooter. Then it would be my game created by Doug's templates and nobody would take me serious. Not that the templates are no good, but they are not created by me. I think if you want to become a real programmer you can learn from other work, but need to write and release your own too.

Back on topic. If you want to customize the look and feel of the engine. You can do it already, just not yet with templates alone. You could also hide everything for most eyes. I on the other hand hope you will not. I do however like to have my custom icon and my own title in the window. And that doesn't seem to be a problem.

The name of the toolset? Well I said before it's to general. Also the name has become very confusing. Acknex/A7/GameStudio/Lite-C/Atari!? So I agree that it should get a real identity. Especially with XNA GameStudio around. If the GameStudio part was a registered name I don't think Microsoft was allowed to use it, taking in mind that both products have the same goal.

About the copyright when the engine is started, well you have a license agreement to use the software for a purpose, but the software used to create your product remains property of Conitec. Nothing strange and in Pro you can change the engine startup window.

smile