Don't do it!

A large program being 100,000 lines of code or more, hundreds of resources(models, bitmaps, etc) with high Nexus (200+), and many dll's and such. It is just too much of a pain in the arse. Just wait until your next project and start a virgin program with C-Lite.

After about a month plus of converting to even get it to compile (and never getting it to compile on lower end machines that worked with C-Script), googles of crashes with no errors (those being Windows crashes), hunting those crashes with no idea what caused them except for thousands of diag()'s in code (basically using diag()'s as a bubble sort to find where it crashed, usually dll related, but not always), and having put in so much time you really have no choice but to get it converted, you will eventually realize it wasn't such a good idea after all.

Trust me.

Later,
Loco

P.S. I am not saying it can't be done, but I don't see the gains versus the problems I have had being worth the trouble to convert a very large program at this time. Just too much trouble and not even sure now that I have all running correctly in Test Runs with SED or WED whether I can get the very large program to Publish with C-Lite correctly just yet, which is also somewhat worrisome.

And yes, I can convert little programs of 10,000 codes or less from C-Script to C-Lite in a day or two and publish them no problem. So if you have a small program I suggest converting it, although you will still have to learn quite a bit before you can do that in a day. While you are learning the process, it might take you a week or more the first time.

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games