Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 984 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: jumpman] #186886
03/05/08 11:22
03/05/08 11:22
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Surry, but discussing graphics in this state of work makes me very angry.
He shows us a very perfect style of action, path finding, and a very harmonic code. That is just awesome!

People who discuss the graphic aspects seem to out themselfs as non developers in a very hard way.

You can buy very good graphics, models, sounds - just everything in this range for a few dollars. Seems that all the graphic "shitstuff" is not very much worth at all.

This fellow shows us cool an perfect coding - he shows us a
game development. This is the aspect of the posting! No [censored] graphics! But it seems, that this is very hard to understand for the majority.

Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: alpha_strike] #186887
03/05/08 11:38
03/05/08 11:38
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
wow, this looks like a bunch of hot brain work. and the video shows already a great gameplay. i like how the tanks move. specially the enemies. and i like the explosions weapons powerups and well, just everything.
considering the graphical aspects it already has a cool style. i guess this will just be a fantastic funny and addictive game

Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: ello] #186888
03/05/08 14:59
03/05/08 14:59
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
"This fellow shows us cool an perfect coding"
...agreed!

Still, commenting on the graphics (and yes, alpha_strike, I know they're WIP, I know this is all about the coding, but I still think I can mention this at this state): I think it gets a bit messy with all the effects. i couldn't really keep track of the explosions, the hits, the lasers... all got lost on me. don't overdo that part! (maybe if something's hit there should only be a small effect...?)

then again, maybe that's just me.

Awesome game, awesome AI from what I've seen so far, nice work!

Looking forward to more,
Micha

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: Germanunkol] #186889
03/05/08 17:44
03/05/08 17:44
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
This is the context I see this demo in:

Man

Codings

alpha_strike is right - there is no point to mention the graphics, cause as the other works of jumpman show that he knows what he is doing. And he was talking about the coding and that it was the coding what he wants to show.

Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: Pappenheimer] #186890
03/05/08 19:36
03/05/08 19:36
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
guys, thank you for the comments! They are very encouraging. Since I dont really have anyone to show my game to you guys are my only source of encouragement/critique!

@molotov
Yes! I will be adding a few more tank types/models to mix it up. The tank model you see in the first post are the intro tanks. Later Ill be making 4 legged tanks, speedy tanks, 4 barrel machine gun tanks, rocket/mortar tanks, lots of them!

@mpdeveloper_B
You are right about the grainy sand not fitting in with the animated explosions. I have a habit of mixing alot of different styles sometimes. I hope to get some sort of "visual playtesting" when the game is in a playable state for testers.

@Germanunkol
I totally agree with the amount of visual chaos going on when lots of tanks are shooting and exploding. It definitly is hard to keep track of what is going on, and I will definitly look into reducing the amount of effects happening/created. Though for me, it looks cool to see all that bright flashing, animation, sounds and explosions going on

The environment will be getting a huge overhaul in both design and textures. It's mentally hard for me to start working on visuals when I cant get the fundamentals working, so alot of that is put off.

The thing about the game so far at this point, is that we all see it now at a point where alot of different scripts come together, and its hard to seperate the scrips visually. At this point the behind the scenes looks really complicated, but its not at all. Its more like lots of small simple peices put together to form something that looks complicated. But, debugging and finding hidden errors never seen before?......now thats complicated

Don't worry, I posted here knowing fully well that everything will be criticised, including the graphics. I wouldnt get mad at anybody. And yes when I said "please excuse the placeholder art", I knew that wasnt an excuse for people not to mention the graphics. Yes, I put the post here to show how the AI moves and works, some small parts of the game itself (like powerup effects), and even some graphics such as the bullet explosion animations, but mainly about the AI.

But since this type of medium is so visual, its hard not to comment on the graphics, so they are welcomed .

Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: jumpman] #186891
03/05/08 20:48
03/05/08 20:48
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Hi Jump! Please do not reduce the action. Complete it with more laser, explosions and maybe harder sound-fx.
It just looks very very cool. I watched the video over and over again. You could power it up with colored laser.
Red for the enemy, green for the player. I personally would implement air attacs, rocket launcher systems.
You could use "exgen" for cool animated sprites...
keep the good work on.

Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: alpha_strike] #186892
03/06/08 08:44
03/06/08 08:44
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
i second that. it will give more adrenaline if there is so much action

Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: ello] #186893
03/06/08 12:57
03/06/08 12:57
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Sorry... I didn't mean for him to reduce the action but, i think the action is cool!

but when there's lots of tanks close to each other, I'd never know if I hit a tank or not...
Maybe it's the (very cool looking!) effect that occurs when you hit the ground... it's great, and very fitting, but playing together with all the other particle effects, i for one would loose track. Different color lasers would certainly work towards an easier-to-overview game as well...
maybe leave it the way it is, and just keep in mind, when adding more effects, that the user will still want to know who's lasers those on screen are, who's exploding ... etc

Micha

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: alpha_strike] #186894
03/06/08 15:07
03/06/08 15:07
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

Quote:

Surry, but discussing graphics in this state of work makes me very angry.
He shows us a very perfect style of action, path finding, and a very harmonic code. That is just awesome!

People who discuss the graphic aspects seem to out themselfs as non developers in a very hard way.

You can buy very good graphics, models, sounds - just everything in this range for a few dollars. Seems that all the graphic "shitstuff" is not very much worth at all.

This fellow shows us cool an perfect coding - he shows us a
game development. This is the aspect of the posting! No [censored] graphics! But it seems, that this is very hard to understand for the majority.

it's true that graphics aren't the full extent of the project, however, they have to do with screenshots, althoug i agree it's well coded, and very well animated. Graphics part of the project, it is important to get a graphic style that "fits together" and fits the game properly, it's also important to go with one style. I think his cartoony graphics are great i just think that the rest of the textures should fit the cartoony style along with the effects

Last edited by mpdeveloper_B; 03/06/08 15:12.

- aka Manslayer101
Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: jumpman] #186895
03/06/08 15:17
03/06/08 15:17
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

Quote:

guys, thank you for the comments! They are very encouraging. Since I dont really have anyone to show my game to you guys are my only source of encouragement/critique!

@mpdeveloper_B
You are right about the grainy sand not fitting in with the animated explosions. I have a habit of mixing alot of different styles sometimes. I hope to get some sort of "visual playtesting" when the game is in a playable state for testers.

great, i'd play a demo and tell you what i think, although i couldn't fully dedicate myself to beta testing, PreVa's not gonna make it's own cutscenes and it's definately not going to finish itself . I think your project looks "awesome" believe me, i love the style, and i love how well things are animated , ie the smoke, the tanks. I also love the classic sounds, i'm a sucker for that kind of stuff . I think the project has very much potential, DONT THROW IT AWAY , with a few texture changes to make them look cartoony, and you'd have me playing "as a matter of fact if there was a demo i'd play now"

as for what germanunkol suggested, why not have a mark above enemies and allies heads like a triangle or something.

- aka Manslayer101
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de