Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 718 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tomorrow Armor! [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #186896
03/06/08 18:07
03/06/08 18:07
Luzern
Nicolas_B Offline
Serious User
Nicolas_B  Offline
Serious User

Luzern
Its realy nice. Good Work!

Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: Nicolas_B] #225722
09/05/08 20:54
09/05/08 20:54
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
Hey everyone, its Jumpman again!
Yes! I am still working on Tomorrow Armor. This game is too much fun to just forget smile
Came to show you some AI and gameplay progress of Tomorrow Armor:

THIS IS NOT A GRAPHICAL UPDATE.

Watch the video, then read more about it in detail below.

AI IMPROVEMENTS:
1. Flanking Behavior : AI units will try to flank their targets, by pathing to the sides of their enemy. Soon I will implement their decision to choose whether to flank or not based on how many allies their target has, the overall status of the flanking unit and etc.

2. Cover Finding and Suppresion Fire: AI units will seek out cover after making contact with the enemy. After finding cover, the AI will emerge from cover to try and find their target. If the AI does not find it's target, it will lay down suppression fire on the last area it thinks it's target was.

3. Unit Control: The Player can enter a "Command Mode" and give simple commands to allied units. At the moment only "Move to clicked spot" and "Attack Target" are available. Units will move to mouse clicked area, but will engage the enemy if one is found.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Both the Player and the AI's have access to special abilities, and the AI will use them accordingly. The Higher the rank the unit has, the stronger the special is.
Here is the current list:

Self Heal: Unit will heal itself for an initial burst, then a periodic heal for a few seconds after. Good for when you are low on health.

Ally Heal: Unit will heal a damaged ally that is close to it. The heal can go through walls. Good for healing important units.

Heavy Armor: Unit will boost it’s current armor, and increase it’s deflection Armor for a limited amount of time. Deflection armor increases your chances of fully deflecting incoming machine gun bullets. The increased armor value will also help to mitigate bullets that were not deflected and shell explosions.

Bounce Shield: Unit will bounce off every machine gun bullet and direct shell away. However it cannot bounce indirect splash damage nor non ballistic specials, and it has a very short duration.

Powered Bullets: Increases the damage and speed of your machine gun, but does not increase it’s accuracy. Has a low cooldown, so you will be able to chain cast it on yourself.

Powered Shells: Greatly increases the direct damage, splash damage, and splash range of your shells.

Flame Thrower: Shoots a stream of flame. Can hit multiple targets. Rapidly melts armor.The only way to mitigate flame damage is with flame armor. Has a very short range and medium cooldown.

Homing Rocket: Launches a rocket that attempts to track your target. Can be shot over walls. Higher ranks increase the air time.

Bolt: an Instant bolt of electricity is shot at your target, and will attempt to shock two of the target’s closest allies. Damage can only be mitigated by Bolt Armor. Must maintain Line of Sight with your target to achieve the full effect.

Lazer Beam: shoots an instant beam of heat that rapidly melts armor and health. Damage can only be mitigated by flame Armor.

Displacement: You swap positions with your target, teleporting you to their position, and they to your last position. Good for disorienting the target.

Weapon Stop: (NOT SHOWN IN VIDEO) Prevents your target from using any of their weapons.

Move Stop: (NOT SHOWN IN VIDEO) Prevents your target from moving.

Attractor Field: (NOT SHOWN IN VIDEO) Temporarily Increases your health, and creates a vacuum which sucks in all enemy projectiles to you. Good for protecting another unit, especially while behind walls.

The cool thing is, the AI has access to all the special abilities the player has, and is also limited by the amount of times they can use a special. The AI also uses the specials accordingly. For example, an AI will only use the Attractor Field if he is under fire and surrounded by allies.

There is also a simple team deathmatch mode, where both teams roam the field and engage enemies . This was originally used to create a running demo to find some elusive bugs, but will now become a feature. The AI’s and the Player will respawn if they have lives left, and will be given a random special ability.

WHATS NEXT?

1. Going to add an Airstrike Special, and an Arching Heat Beam special. AI’s will use these based on how many allies their target has (to increase amount of enemies getting hit).

2. Troop Specials, specials for on foot units:

Stun: Stuns the target, preventing movement or weapons for a short amount of time. Can only be used on troops.

Tank Buster: Busts the enemy’s armor, dividing it in half for a short amount of time. Can only be used against non foot units.

Attach bomb: Attaches a timed bomb that explodes. Can only be used against non foot units.

Stealth: Foot unit will enter stealth, preventing enemies from seeing it. If a stealth unit lands an attack that will hit, the unit will exit stealth. Can only be used by foot troops.

Deception: Temporarily deceives the target, switching it’s allegiance to the caster.

3. Character Specific Specials: Special Characters in the story will get their own specials, such as:

Transfer Essence : Unit will damage enemy, and receive healing based on damage.
Reverbing Impact: Direct shell impacts will hurt the closest ally, reguardless of Line of sight.

4. Getting Foot troops: Working in soldiers instead of all vehicles.

So far there is a lot of work to be done, and I am a little afraid about people’s computer’s getting to advanced to play this game when it’s finished. But I wont mind smile

Let me know.

Last edited by jumpman; 09/05/08 21:28.
Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: jumpman] #225726
09/05/08 21:05
09/05/08 21:05

M
mercuryus
Unregistered
mercuryus
Unregistered
M

That's amazing - so many options and so many possibilities!
Great work!

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: ] #225728
09/05/08 21:11
09/05/08 21:11
Hrvatska (Croatia ), Slavonski...
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

I like this game,looks like fun..
It's working on how many fps? On which configuration?

Last edited by cro_games; 09/05/08 21:12.

Hello everyone my name is Ivan Mandic from "Frozen pixel studio". wink
-----------------------------------
Homepage: www.fpx-studio.com
e-mail: emu_hunter_1990@hotmail.com
(working on a game engine)
Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: ] #225730
09/05/08 21:14
09/05/08 21:14
Netherlands
cartoon_baboon Offline
User
cartoon_baboon  Offline
User

Netherlands
Very intricate and impressive! You should definitely go that extra mile and try and turn this into a commercial game (if you aren't already planning that) 'cos it definitely has the potential!

cartoon_baboon

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: cartoon_baboon] #225733
09/05/08 21:24
09/05/08 21:24
S
Shadow969 Offline
User
Shadow969  Offline
User
S

reminds me re-volt from dreamcast - small cars(ay this case tanks), but so much fun smile
and i suppose it was darn hard to program. excellent work!

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: Shadow969] #225739
09/05/08 21:49
09/05/08 21:49
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
Thank you all smile

It looks intricate, but it really isnt, all it is is just a combination of smaller scripts fleshed out in seperate testing levels, then all tuned to work with each other.... which, I guess in the end it is pretty intricate :P

@Cro_Games

I have winXP, 3 gigs of ram, but with a terrible graphics card. With 15 on 15 AI's I can get 30-40 FPS, but when the 30 AI's start to engage each other, and bullets and effects start flying, it can drop as low as 15 fps. However alot of what is eating the frame rate is the little effects such as the smoke plumes, impact animations, shell scorches, and large amount of transparencies on screen. At the moment I have a dirty "equalizer" script to destroy all eye candy effects if the framerate drops too low.

- here's a little more about the game mechanics -

Unit Stats:

Physical Armor: Armor mitigates all physical damage by the amount of armor you have. The higher armor, the more mitigation. An incoming projectile has raw damage values, which are reduced by the armor. Any damage that makes it through the armor mitigation is subtracted from the unit's health. The max amount of armor is 10k. Tanks have way more armor than troops. Physical Armor cannot mitigate flame or bolt damage. Can be replenished by picking up armor plates, or special buffs.

Health: Health is the life of your unit. If it drops to zero the unit dies. Can be replenished by health pickups, self heals or heals by allies.

Deflection Armor: Deflection armor increases your chances of fully deflecting bullet munitions. The higher your deflection value, the higher chance you have to deflect bullets. Troops have very low to no deflection armor. Can be increased by the Heavy Armor special and Tank Types with natural deflection. Shells cannot be deflected.

Flame Armor: the higher your flame armor, the more you reduce incoming flame damage. Can be increased by the Flame Armor special and unit types with natural flame armor.

Bolt Armor: the higher your bolt armor, the more you reduce incoming bolt damage. Can be increased by Bolt Armor Special and unit types with natural bolt armor.

Machine Gun accuracy: Reduces the straying of machine gun bullets while firing, can be increased by picking up the MG accuracy icon.

Shell Accuracy: reduces the straying of shells when fired, can be increased by picking up the Shell Accuracy icon.

There will be different factions specializing in different offensive and defensive personalities:

Titan Tank:
Armor: High
Health: High
Natural MG Damage: Low
Natural Shell Damage: Low
Special Types: Self Heal, Heavy Armor, Attractor
AI Personality: Finds Cover, Suppresion Fire, Bounce Shield

Fast Gunner:
Armor: Low
Health: Medium
Natural MG Damage: High
Natural Shell Damage: lower
Special Types: Powered Bullets
AI Personality: Always Flanks

Berserker
Armor: Medium
Health: Low
Natural MG Damage: High
Natural Shell Damage: High
Special Types: Powered Bullets, Powered Shells, Bounce Shield
AI personality: Charges head on, Flanking

and etc :P

Last edited by jumpman; 09/05/08 23:55.
Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: jumpman] #225788
09/05/08 23:41
09/05/08 23:41
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Originally Posted By: jumpman
Thank you all smile
@Cro_Games

I have winXP, 3 gigs of ram, but with a terrible graphics card. With 15 on 15 AI's I can get 30-40 FPS, but when the 30 AI's start to engage each other, and bullets and effects start flying, it can drop as low as 15 fps. However alot of what is eating the frame rate is the little effects such as the smoke plumes, impact animations, shell scorches, and large amount of transparencies on screen. At the moment I have a dirty "equalizer" script to destroy all eye candy effects if the framerate drops too low.

Which GPU(VPU)? and CPU?

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: cro_games] #225793
09/05/08 23:55
09/05/08 23:55
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
GPU is an 128 ATI Radeon x300 SE, CPU is an intel p4 at 3ghz.

Re: Tomorrow Armor is still going! [Re: jumpman] #225798
09/06/08 00:06
09/06/08 00:06
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Than the fps is good,nice work man..keep it up..

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de