I have kind of a general question about the engine, and I'm not even sure if what I'm wondering is possible or practical.

But let's say I create a large level of a building or whatever, and its purpose is to be a virtual walk-through, and lets say that the entire level is going to be hundreds of megabytes in size after all textures and models are accounted for.

Here's the question: is it possible or practical to have this level running on a server that users could connect to and use through a Web browser? I've heard good things about Microsoft Silverlight, for example, and its ability to manage and stream large files, images, 3D, etc, and I'm wondering if that's the way to go with this. The alternative is to make all the users download this large GameStudio file and run it on their local machine, which then brings into play all the questions of compatibility, patching, etc. I figure if it's on one machine (server), patching will be simple enough... However, I don't want the users interacting with each other or seeing what the other sees, since that could get very confusing--I want each to see only their own options and actions.

Suggestions, advice and ideas would be most welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by Galen; 03/08/08 17:23.