Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, Kingware, AemStones, RealSerious3D), 1,388 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon #191548
01/30/04 23:20
01/30/04 23:20
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon

ROMAC STUDIOS™ wants to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD-
A 3d Arcade Game with puzzling levels full of action all the time, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story: (briefed)

Up in the deep reaches of the blue skies, the bird kindom has started to realize they too want what the humans have. Every century, one bird, one special unique bird, has a chance to have it all - become the bird with the honor, the bird with the respect, to recieve the honor of being the one and only, the action bird - and that bird is you! But before you can recieve this honor, you must complete a series of trial. You are not the only bird that wants to become the action bird. All birds from all around the world come and try to finish all trials, knowing if they win, they would become the action bird and hold that title for the century ahead.

The action bird will finally get the respect a bird deserves. In the game there are three main trials, each consisting of levels:

The Trial of Intelect- The first trial, which will test your ability to find your way through confusing puzzles, and jump your way through levels full of obstacles.
You will have to find your way through complex and puzzling levels, and do it as smooth as possible, because one wrong move and you will find yourself falling into the deep reaches of space and time.

The Trial of Strength - This is the second trial. Here you will be tested on your ability to being the stronger bird. Levels will include riding motorcycles and controling the "Power Ball".

The Trial of Dignity - The last and hardest trial of them all. Here you will be tested on random things regarding showing off your bird skills. You will also be tested on the most important thing of all, your dignity. Levels will include Racing in different types of vehicles (e.g cars, planes) and other unknown levels that will only be shown after beating over 100 levels in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

-3 trials with over 130 levels
-1 practice level
-replay mode
-motorcycle riding, power sphere, player skating - all with full physics
-races
-puzzles
-jump and run
-beautiful graphics and animation
-and much much more to be revealed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Team: (current team)

Programmers:
Mark Swann

Luke Trares
Michael M.

Head Modelers:
Kalin Krastev
Pablo Aizpiri
Elijah Ray Hardy

2d Art:
Guy Tennenholtz
Gustavo Fiorenza
Pablo Aizpiri

Character Animations:
Kalin Krastev

Level Designers:
Guy Tennenholtz
Andrew Bateman
Tom Boslooper

Developer, Idea and Concept:
Guy Tennenholtz

Release date of demo:
Soon, expected release is march 1st, 2004

Early Screenshots:

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS™:
Email: Info@RomacStudios.com
Team: Team@RomacStudios.com

MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
109 Comments
Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: fastlane69] #191638
05/29/04 14:43
05/29/04 14:43
Mississippi
CJ Morack Offline
CJ Morack  Offline

Mississippi
fastlane69... you are getting to be one psychotic individual.

Since when does somebody need to make something to be a critic?

Never, as far as I know.

Give the man a break... you are going WAY over the top here, and I hope you reign it in.

To save you the trouble of Googling me and stating I'm not qualified, here is a listing on Mobygames for some of my work:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,70461/

Here's also a log file from Paul Renault when I joined Monolith:

http://www.webdog.org/plans/74/

Let's just keep this thread a little less violent and a little more clean. One person does not like it, ok, move on. I have faith that Romac and allies can make the game better over the next few months. That's all there really is to it. People will agree or disagree, but let's just agree to disagree on this topic.

Good luck!

Re: fastlane69 [Re: fastlane69] #191639
05/29/04 17:08
05/29/04 17:08
Sweden
S
Sabrina Offline
Sabrina  Offline
S

Sweden
Well I couldn’t hold myself any longer, so I decided to post. Since this is my first post, maybe a little introduction is in order.

I’ve been programming for about 8 years now, and 4 of those been involving game programming of some sort. I hold a degree in Computer Science and I’m currently working on my second degree at the age of 27. I’ve been involved in many small projects from game programming to industrial work and consulting. I’ve met many people I consider to be ‘professionals’ during my days, CJ Morack I consider to be one of those people. About 3 years ago I picked up the 3DGS but found it to be too impractical for my needs, I prefer open source engines with good documentation to work with so I currently reside with the Garage Games community for my hobby projects. That’s one of the reasons why I never really became involved with the 3DGS community, but I do take my time to read the forums now and then. I suppose I could be considered one of those professionals who lurk in the dark and just read boards here and there. With that said, let’s get down to business now.

Fastlane69, my post is aimed towards you specifically. I’ve seen your posts many times on these boards, and most of those times the posts have been about flaming some poor 15 year old kid who have problems defending themselves. I ask you, is it so bad that these young kids working on these games make mistakes and brag a bit too much about things they don’t know about? I’m just curious how you, as such a professional teacher as you consider yourself, can have such a bitter and psychotic attitude towards teenagers? The more I read your posts on these boards, the more I’m convinced you really need to back off and give people a break. It’s true I don’t know you in person; I only know what you post. But from those posts, I can’t help but to look at you as some 45 year old bitter man that never managed to accomplish much in his life and now have to resort to lecturing kids on a forum involving hobby game programming on a low level.

I’m sorry if this comes off as offensive, but I feel that you aren’t helping the community at all with your ways, nor are you making the conitec boards a fun place for a relaxed discussion among young hobby game makers. As a experienced teacher as you claim to be, I figured something like that should have been obvious to you long ago.

Re: fastlane69 [Re: Sabrina] #191640
05/29/04 18:17
05/29/04 18:17
Venezuela
Firestorm Offline
Developer
Firestorm  Offline
Developer

Venezuela
I'd choose sides, but Painiac and fastlane are both equally obnoxious. You two should just have a d*ck-measuring contest and be done with it.

ROMAC, best of luck to you guys

Re: fastlane69 [Re: Sabrina] #191641
05/29/04 18:36
05/29/04 18:36
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
<<deleted for clarity's sake>>

Re: fastlane69 [Re: fastlane69] #191642
05/29/04 19:18
05/29/04 19:18
Sweden
S
Sabrina Offline
Sabrina  Offline
S

Sweden
I think if CJ wants to say anything about you fastlane, he can do so with his own account. Was a nice try though. You could always have a admin trace my IP if you think me and CJ are the same person.

This can only get worse right now so I'll make it quick. I don't understand your ways, if you're some kind of 3DGS police that think you're on a mission to save the community from all evils I think you're on the wrong track. But that's me. Has it ever occured to you that there might be people out there that think 'Oh no, not that fastlane guy again, no use posting in that thread now' when you go around the forums lecturing and flaming people left and right? The only thing you'll accomplish is scare people away from the boards that can't be on the same 'level' as you.

Maybe some day when you aren't busy stroking your ego you'll realise that you're only inviting to flame wars or hatred from people with your posts.

Re: fastlane69 [Re: Sabrina] #191643
05/29/04 19:29
05/29/04 19:29
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
<<deleted for clarity's sake>>

Re: fastlane69 [Re: fastlane69] #191644
05/29/04 19:34
05/29/04 19:34
Venezuela
Firestorm Offline
Developer
Firestorm  Offline
Developer

Venezuela
She did say she's been reading the forum for a while, so it's not like she's unfamiliar with it.

What value does a high post count have? None.

Re: fastlane69 [Re: Sabrina] #191645
05/29/04 19:35
05/29/04 19:35
Gallien
Troubadix Offline
Troubadix  Offline

Gallien
In Antwort auf:

The only thing you'll accomplish is scare people away from the boards that can't be on the same 'level' as you

Even more than that:
He got me to not take anything written by him, serious anymore.

Re: fastlane69 [Re: fastlane69] #191646
05/29/04 19:51
05/29/04 19:51
Sweden
S
Sabrina Offline
Sabrina  Offline
S

Sweden
There you go again fastlane, mocking me because I have 2 in post count and that automatically makes my opinion invalid and null. I've been reading the conitec forum boards on and off for about 3 years. You really have nothing else you can do besides being sarcastic and overly critic of people? I wonder what it takes before you take my words seriously.. 200,000 in post count? I don't know, but I have a feeling my number can never be high enough for you.

This isn't leading anywhere, you go ahead and act all high and mighty fastlane, making yourself look innocent too I'm sure helps. I won't respond to this anymore since it will only lead things into a more personal level, so hurry up and get the last word in fastlane.

Re: fastlane69 [Re: Sabrina] #191647
05/29/04 19:57
05/29/04 19:57
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
rhombicosidodecahedron.

And a formal apology to Romac and co.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de