Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Akow, TipmyPip, tomaslolo), 788 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Biyu Biyu Rocket! www.bbrocket.com / Beta Trailor! #191873
04/17/04 00:19
04/17/04 00:19
U.S.
Nadester Offline OP

Expert
Biyu Biyu Rocket! www.bbrocket.com / Beta Trailor!

Biyu Biyu Rocket has been making tons of progress latelly.. We also have found a publisher, Dreams in Motion Productions, Inc. / DIM Entertainment. Visit our website, www.bbrocket.com to check out some new screenshots and the pre-beta trailor demo! (Note: The final trailor demo will be much differerent). The site is also a place holder until our webmaster kicks in!

Just a little preview...

Cu later,

--Eric
78 Comments
Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Firestorm] #191913
05/08/04 02:44
05/08/04 02:44
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA

Quote:

The idea of having to sign up in order to view a trailer is ridiculous.

I think Gamasutra, Gamespot, and Gamespy would all disagree...

Quote:

I don't have to register to be subjected to TV commercials

True, it's not an exact analogy, but the point remains that when you watch tv you are still subjected to commericals and commercial breaks and that is the price you pay to have free tv at your leisure; you dont' register, but you still pay the price. Registration is the price you pay to watch this trailer at your leisure. The principal is the same: you pay a price to obtain a service.

My comment about capatalism taking a back seat is that in this [censored]/Nadester/FTP/FreeDemo/Warez world of ours, we are getting too accustomed to getting things for free on the net to the point where folks now expect to get something (access to a trailer) for nothing (without registration) and find any other buisness model offensive, that's all.

Again, in my capatalist reality bubble, registration is a small price to pay for services rendered. If you feel it's too high a price that's one thing, but it's not a ridiculous buisness model. It's an an excellent way for BiyuBiyu to compile lists of interested users and diseminate progress to these folks. Quite forward thinking really....

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: fastlane69] #191914
05/08/04 02:56
05/08/04 02:56
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Fastlane,

For me it was the motive for registering is unclear to me the person submitting the personal information. Am I going to get more spam in my email, what will be done with my registration, those are factors that I was unsure of. You are being sent to their publishers site, how is my regisitration going to be used by that publisher.

In return for my registration I get to watch a video. That was not enough incentive for me. I would register for a playable demo level, but not a video.

Just my rusty 2 cents....

BBR looks like a great little game so I am interested.

Ken

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Nardulus] #191915
05/08/04 03:10
05/08/04 03:10
warbird Offline
warbird  Offline

People, if you dislike the idea of signing up on BBR's forum to see a trailer, why start whine about it here? then just leave the download and dont care, Nadesters choice was to use his forum to show it, then if you people dont like it, then take it or leave it. And i dont understand how you people can compare tv commercials and a trailer for a pc game? i mean, its a free video, not a selling product (Yet..).

Can i then ask, is banners and popups better than register on a forum for a trailer? (if you dont see the way of direct link to it here..)

As someone mentioned, because of spam, im not sure, but i think you can de-activate the notify option Also a forum is a good way to follow their progress, since there is were they will post most of work even if they will post things here too.

I say, thoose who are interested in this and think it can be a great game, sign up and get the trailer, to the rest who whines about registering, then stop that, because we now seen many posts with "i dont wanna sign up", fine, you took that decision, no need to talk about it.

Greetings,

Erik, 3D artist, Dreams In Motion

ps. now you see why i talk so much about this .ds

[EDIT]

Some of you, didnt see this, did you? You see, free, chances to win prices etc, can it be better? Read through that before critism the publisher more.

REGISTERED USER BENEFITS

We want to know what you think about video games, entertainment and other issues as well. Register today! It’s completely FREE and easy to do. As a registered member you will enjoy the following benefits:

* First available options for Beta testing our products.

* A Chance to win Monthly prizes from $5 to $50 in value.

* All information is used solely for Dreams in Motion Production, Inc., we will not sell off your information to others. We respect your Privacy!

* Membership discounts on pre released orders. (up to 30%)

* The first to see demos and updates, as they are made available.

* And, much more...

Why, you may ask? Well, we value your opinion, and why not make it fun for everyone during the process.

(Information will be posted as this policy is updated as well as details as to how to be eligible to win monthly prizes.)

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Firestorm] #191916
05/08/04 03:13
05/08/04 03:13
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
its not about spending time to register. Its about spreading registration information all over the net for every glimp and string. Putting my email adresse on 1000ends of forums and registration docs...has only one thing as consequence: i will have to change it sooner or later.

About the being customer part:
I like the game and the stuff i have seen so far...but if i have to "work" to get any more advertising info about a product i have to buy later on anyway if i want to play it...i am not interested.
No cirituqes but the way i see the net. Commercial is fine and right and no problem at all. But having to work for adverts is a little bit much over the top for my taste

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Blattsalat] #191917
05/08/04 03:16
05/08/04 03:16
warbird Offline
warbird  Offline

Read my Edit above

//Erik, Dreams In Motion

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: warbird] #191918
05/08/04 03:27
05/08/04 03:27
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Well Eric thanks for clearing that up. Huh?

Fastlane was defending your decision to require a registration before viewing the video. His analogy to free TV shows with commericals was a good one. Lighten up Dude.

Secondly many of us here would be potential buyers of your game and also have a huge influence on others to buy your game. I guess the gray line of constructive critism over your marketing sounds like a whine. Oh well to bad.

Thirdly dont use this forum to advertise your game videos if you can not handle some of us trynig to tell you registering seems a bit excesive for a measly video.

Cripes,

Ken

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Nardulus] #191919
05/08/04 03:30
05/08/04 03:30
warbird Offline
warbird  Offline

Quote:

Well Eric thanks for clearing that up. Huh?

Fastlane was defending your decision to require a registration before viewing the video. His analogy to free TV shows with commericals was a good one. Lighten up Dude.

Secondly many of us here would be potential buyers of your game and also have a huge influence on others to buy your game. I guess the gray line of constructive critism over your marketing sounds like a whine. Oh well to bad.

Thirdly dont use this forum to advertise your game videos if you can not handle some of us trynig to tell you registering seems a bit excesive for a measly video.

Cripes,

Ken

Well, it was my thoughts, and im not a part of Axel games. And sorry for that about fastlanes comments, read it through to fast

But yeah, i wont talk more on this subject, i let eric handle it, but i dont like when people start talking about a publisher in a "negative way" when they dont know anything about it.
But for now, i leave the discussion for the Axel Games guys

Have a nice day everyone,

//Erik, 3D artist, Dreams In Motion.

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Blattsalat] #191920
05/08/04 03:41
05/08/04 03:41
U.S.
Nadester Offline OP

Expert
Nadester  Offline OP

Expert

U.S.
What a response

Well, I see that everyone here is referring to this video as a 'trailer'. I never said that at all. I am calling it a video, because that is all that it is. If you don't want to sign up and download it, I'm cool with that. It doesn't really make a difference to me either way. I am offering you the opportunity to get a more in depth look on the game, which is what many of you requested. There is no commercial here, I am not advertising at all. I just chose to make the video not blatantly public. Why? Because it gives a lot of information away about the game that I have held back so far, and I wasn’t really ready to post it. If in the case it were a trailer, I'd be happy to post a link here and on the website without registration. But it's not. So stop your complaining, if you don’t want to see it don't download it. Next time I won't offer this opportunity, and you can all wait until its time for the real trailer demo to be released

Quote:

Putting my email address on 1000ends of forums and registration docs...has only one thing as consequence

Although it's not recommended, a real email is not required. Just punch in a name and check it out. Of course when the demo is released, those who do have real emails in there will get top priority.

Maybe I will eventually decide to put the demo up for download here, who knows. If you prefer, be my guest and wait it out.

--Eric
Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Nadester] #191921
05/08/04 03:45
05/08/04 03:45
warbird Offline
warbird  Offline

Eric, im sorry for what i wrote and i will totally leave this conversation in your hands, because im not so into it that i can argument except for my own ideas.
Catcha later,

//Erik, Dreams In Motion

Re: BiyuBiyuRocket- New video added - 5/6/04!! [Re: Nadester] #191922
05/08/04 04:16
05/08/04 04:16
Venezuela
Firestorm Offline
Developer
Firestorm  Offline
Developer

Venezuela
Quote:

I am offering you the opportunity to get a more in depth look on the game, which is what many of you requested. There is no commercial here, I am not advertising at all. I just chose to make the video not blatantly public. Why? Because it gives a lot of information away about the game that I have held back so far, and I wasn’t really ready to post it.

You should have made that clear from the beginning. Your first video was called a trailer, so I assumed the new one was a trailer too. If it's a sneak peek for the community, then that'd a different thing altogether, and I will be glad to register for it.

Don't take offense at the feedback presented here. You have a stunning-looking game, and it's on my short list of games to buy this year (and this is from a very jaded gamer who thinks 95% of all games out there are crap )

Last edited by Firestorm; 05/08/04 04:19.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de