by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Lapsa), 1,268 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mino, squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan
19061 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) #193834
02/13/05 13:45
02/13/05 13:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!)

Hello everyone!

I saved my 100th post for this really special occasion.

The very first demo of Intense Ai is out. Please take the time to download it and tell me what you think of it. Basic features are there, so you can get a hint of how the Basic version of the ai Series will look like.

I apologise in advance for the size of this demo. It's something less than 50mb, but do give it a shot cause it's well worth it. If you find that too much for you though, I guess you'll have to do with some screens instead..

Get the Demo Here!

The features of the Intense Ai engine go as follows:

Nodeless Pathfinding (You don't have to spend hours placing nodes in your levels any more. Ai is capable of handling itself just fine..)

Advanced Cover Tactics (Using the latest technology on cover Tactics, as used in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Just build your level and let our Bots worry about where to hide)

Alliances (If a team of gangsters meet up with an FBI squad, hell will break loose! You make the teams, and bots will stick to them!)

Plug and Play (Does C-Script looks like Greek to you? No worries, you can install Intense Ai without typing a single line of Code. If you need to configure your bots properly, you can now do it through WED instead!)

Template 6 Friendly (You don't like the templates? That's fine, our engine will work without them. But if you do, Intense Ai will happily accept any Template 6 weapons you've made already and play along realy nice with your existing Template 6 project.

If you played the demo, and you felt like the models you saw should actually be in your game as well, well I guess this is your lucky day.. Models are on sale as well.

Everything was made by the very talented Blattsalat we all know and love, and he carries a big selection of ww2 models that will be available for sale as well, under the name of 'Intense Ai - ww2 model pack'

The pack will include

Humanoid Models (Soldiers, Generals, and pretty much everything that will make up for a ww2 game)

Weapons (blattsalat has a 'thing' for world war weapons, so you may be assured that everything in this pack will be an EXACT replica of the real thing..)

Heavy and Light artillery (Tanks, ballistics, planes, you name it.. we got it..)

Everything animated and ready to rock 'n roll(Everything is fully animated, and completely compatible with the Intense Ai engine. Either you buy this pack along with the Ai engine or not, these ww2 pack is for you)

Ok, I won't advertise any longer, I feel like these guys on midnight advertisment TV shows who just won't shut up and keep praising their product on and on and on.... until you fall asleep:)

I started the Intense Series, firstly because I could, and secondly because I felt like the community would greatly benefit from it. There are lots of people who have amazing and very original game ideas, but they hardly manage to go through the first stages of game production, because they have to deal with basic things like Ai, pathfinding, etc, etc.. My goal is to build a ground level for them, so that they can take the time to work on their ideas instead!

Of course, I can't just give my work away like that. I have spent many many months on this project, so I'll have to get something back in order to keep working on it. So I want to take this opportunity to ask everyone who is interested in this project to list All the features they would like to see in the Basic version of Intense Ai, and the price they would be willing to pay for it. I do intend to make an Advanced and a Proffesional version as well(I know, the edition names ain't too original, but they do their job..) so please don't storm these thread with too crazy features, like driving Tanks or Bones animation for now. Keep in mind, that the more features you ask for the Basic version, the more time I'll have to take to make them, and the higher the price will be.. So be sensible:)

If you've read through here... thank you:) If you've downloaded the demo as well, double thanks.. Please take the time to post too. Your feedback means lot to me!

Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
111 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: AAO] #193934
09/27/05 06:56
09/27/05 06:56
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
professional version? oh my, that seems like a long long time from now.. let me look my ToDo list....

Code:

Professional
-----------------

10.3: Understanding Pattern Recognition Methods
Talking
Learning Bots
Speech Recognition

Well that's just a guess.. I'm currently 3 versions behind before I start thinking about Professional.. But I guarantee that when it's done, it's gonna worth its name..

About the release date... I have the demo ready and I'm currently on-hold while the level is being redone.
After that is published, I'll have to remake my pathfinding code cause I'm not pleased. After it's done, I'll be releasing the standard version... I'd like to give a releasing date about this.. but I'm not gonna keep it I'm sure... so I won't.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193935
09/27/05 07:35
09/27/05 07:35
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Hi!

Will the standard edition contain BOT AI?

Robin

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Rondidon] #193936
09/27/05 07:40
09/27/05 07:40
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
lol, of course... How could I release an Ai package with no bots inside?

I'll make a nice feature list later on, either here or to the new site we're working on, about what's in the Standard version already.

In the demo, it will be you and a Bot battling it out inside an old Doom level. It pretty much reveals most of the potential of the Standard Version. Some other features that are included in the Standard version and are not shown in this demo is Bot vs Bot fight and Friendly Ai.

cheers!

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193937
09/27/05 22:57
09/27/05 22:57
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Quote:

About the release date... I have the demo ready and I'm currently on-hold while the level is being redone.
After that is published, I'll have to remake my pathfinding code cause I'm not pleased. After it's done, I'll be releasing the standard version... I'd like to give a releasing date about this.. but I'm not gonna keep it I'm sure... so I won't.

LarryLaffer,

That is a bit of a drag you will have rewrite your pathfinding code. I know you said you don't want to give a release date. However, is there any chance you will sell a beta or prerelease version with the existing pathfinding code? It would be nice to be able to get used to it before the actual release.

From what I understand, all your pathfinding changes would be invisible to the user in WED. So, the users would just have to update the C Script files with your new pathfinding code. Is this correct?

Thanks,

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: CBuilder2] #193938
09/28/05 08:12
09/28/05 08:12
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
That's not an all-bad idea...

I'm willing to do something like that. The thing is, how many people out there don't have the slightest slope or staircase in their level?

This is what I need from my new pathfinding code that the old one is lacking(from my ToDo list..)

***********New PathFinding***********
Slicable into multiple frames
3d terrains(slopes, steps, staircases, but not elevators and vertical stairs)
Ability to Jump
Function to give pathfinded distance to a point

I could try to improve the current pathfinding system, but that would take even more time in the long run and the code would end up really messy...
I could publish the first version like it is now, but that would mean...

It would lag with more than 5 bots on screen, since the load of Pathfinding cannot be sliced into seperate frames.

If they saw the simplest hill, slope on the ground they'd freak out..

They wouldn't jump through a window if the opportunity was making them to do so..

So How many people have use of the Ai on its current state?

Btw, I know I said this before, but now I'm positive that the demo is getting released either today or latest tomorrow. Everything is ready I'm just polishing it around. So, check it out and if lots of people ask that I release it like that with the promise of fixing the Pathfinding code later on... I will.

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193939
09/30/05 02:00
09/30/05 02:00
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

LarryLaffer,

That will work for all but one of my levels. I'd like to have the AI in its current state so I can get everything setup including aligning my models' animation sequence names with the sequences required by Intense Ai.

If you choose not to publicly release it yet; I would appreciate it if you would PM me so we discuss the possibility of me getting the AI before it is publicly released. It would be a big help to me because my animator is going to work on the models next week.

Thanks,

CBuilder

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: CBuilder2] #193940
09/30/05 03:22
09/30/05 03:22
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Due to the generous spirits of both Phillip Walser and Locoweed I already have several modified implementations of A* pathfinding. At the moment, I don't know how to go about making modifications that produce a pathfinding implementation that works on stairs and slopes. If I set the destination of an entity on a slope so that it is a significant distance above the entity, and attempt to trace a path for that entity to that destination, my current implementations simply return and the entity does nothing. Of course, I modified the implementation to just return, if no path exists to the destination. In the current implementations, a destination on a slope above an entity would appear to be unreachable.
I don't consider it to be an easy task to produce dynamic pathfinding that works on steps, slopes and elevators. I believe the product is worth significantly less if it does not contain dynamic pathfinding that works on steps and slopes.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: testDummy] #193941
09/30/05 10:29
09/30/05 10:29
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Lol, I had to vote too cause I couldn't see the results if I didn't, so remove one YES from that:)

So I guess it's just Cbuilder for now.. but maybe it'll change

testDummy, that's where I got my pathfinding from. Walser and Locoweed. And now it's crazy modified to link with my movement code and make it optional to Look where they're walking for Strafing reasons, Backward walking etc... So I wouldn't want to be in your shoes if you tried to replace my pathfinding with another one. Oh.. wait.. I am in your shoes..crap..

The deal I'll make with you if lots of people say Yes, is sell you Intense Ai for its normal price(I'm thinking 29.99 EUR...) so you'll have time to test around it and work on animation names like Cbuilder said, and I'll give you an update with the 3d Pathfinding for free as soon as its done. You can trust that I'll have it done within a month, I ain't giving up now...

CBuilder, making a release version, even without the 3d pathfinding, will prove to be a big deal for me. It will cost me a day or two to tidy up things here and there(especially for the WED configuration that you need) and I'd rather not take time to do that just for one person. I hope you understand... If there's more people interested though..

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: CBuilder2] #193942
09/30/05 10:49
09/30/05 10:49
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Cbuilder,

Since you want to work on your model animations, I made you a screenshot of all the Animation types that exist in Intense Ai.

You can choose to name them whatever you want, and if you don't need some animations, leave them blank, and if you use the same animation for multiple animation types, just put the same name there just like I did for the demo(stupid Doom model I found didn't had any strafing animations. But it's cool cause it gave it more of the old Doom 'feel' that I wanted)

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193943
10/08/05 01:13
10/08/05 01:13
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Aris,

Great! Now I know which animation sequences you support. From our earlier exchange, all the bots have to have the same animation sequence name. Hence, the animation sequence played during Run must consistently named; for example, all bots must have the animation sequence botonerun1....botonerunX. One could not have bots with botonerun1....botonerunX and bottworun1....bottworunX. Is this correct?

Thanks,

CBuilder

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de