Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) #193834
02/13/05 13:45
02/13/05 13:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!)

Hello everyone!

I saved my 100th post for this really special occasion.

The very first demo of Intense Ai is out. Please take the time to download it and tell me what you think of it. Basic features are there, so you can get a hint of how the Basic version of the ai Series will look like.

I apologise in advance for the size of this demo. It's something less than 50mb, but do give it a shot cause it's well worth it. If you find that too much for you though, I guess you'll have to do with some screens instead..

Get the Demo Here!

The features of the Intense Ai engine go as follows:

Nodeless Pathfinding (You don't have to spend hours placing nodes in your levels any more. Ai is capable of handling itself just fine..)

Advanced Cover Tactics (Using the latest technology on cover Tactics, as used in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Just build your level and let our Bots worry about where to hide)

Alliances (If a team of gangsters meet up with an FBI squad, hell will break loose! You make the teams, and bots will stick to them!)

Plug and Play (Does C-Script looks like Greek to you? No worries, you can install Intense Ai without typing a single line of Code. If you need to configure your bots properly, you can now do it through WED instead!)

Template 6 Friendly (You don't like the templates? That's fine, our engine will work without them. But if you do, Intense Ai will happily accept any Template 6 weapons you've made already and play along realy nice with your existing Template 6 project.

If you played the demo, and you felt like the models you saw should actually be in your game as well, well I guess this is your lucky day.. Models are on sale as well.

Everything was made by the very talented Blattsalat we all know and love, and he carries a big selection of ww2 models that will be available for sale as well, under the name of 'Intense Ai - ww2 model pack'

The pack will include

Humanoid Models (Soldiers, Generals, and pretty much everything that will make up for a ww2 game)

Weapons (blattsalat has a 'thing' for world war weapons, so you may be assured that everything in this pack will be an EXACT replica of the real thing..)

Heavy and Light artillery (Tanks, ballistics, planes, you name it.. we got it..)

Everything animated and ready to rock 'n roll(Everything is fully animated, and completely compatible with the Intense Ai engine. Either you buy this pack along with the Ai engine or not, these ww2 pack is for you)

Ok, I won't advertise any longer, I feel like these guys on midnight advertisment TV shows who just won't shut up and keep praising their product on and on and on.... until you fall asleep:)

I started the Intense Series, firstly because I could, and secondly because I felt like the community would greatly benefit from it. There are lots of people who have amazing and very original game ideas, but they hardly manage to go through the first stages of game production, because they have to deal with basic things like Ai, pathfinding, etc, etc.. My goal is to build a ground level for them, so that they can take the time to work on their ideas instead!

Of course, I can't just give my work away like that. I have spent many many months on this project, so I'll have to get something back in order to keep working on it. So I want to take this opportunity to ask everyone who is interested in this project to list All the features they would like to see in the Basic version of Intense Ai, and the price they would be willing to pay for it. I do intend to make an Advanced and a Proffesional version as well(I know, the edition names ain't too original, but they do their job..) so please don't storm these thread with too crazy features, like driving Tanks or Bones animation for now. Keep in mind, that the more features you ask for the Basic version, the more time I'll have to take to make them, and the higher the price will be.. So be sensible:)

If you've read through here... thank you:) If you've downloaded the demo as well, double thanks.. Please take the time to post too. Your feedback means lot to me!

Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
111 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Rondidon] #193884
02/19/05 04:04
02/19/05 04:04
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

When Intense AI will be released (circa) ??

No clue yet

Here is a list of some of the things I'm going to be implementing next for the Standard version of the Ai

HitZones
Idle State
Search Simulation
Sound Stimuli
Visual Stimuli
Script more weapons
Different weapon Behaviors
Meele Combat
Different Actor characters
More Solo tactics
Friendly Ai
Use BlackBoard for Team Tactic simulation
Audio Reactions(Yells)

They look quite a lot to me, so I'd guess...no time soon
If you feel like you need thing engine for your game fast thought, and you can live without some of the features above, let me know and I'll think about it..

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: LarryLaffer] #193885
02/22/05 04:21
02/22/05 04:21
USA
June Offline
June  Offline

USA
Well you probably already know, but definatley the movement of the character (wasd keys make much better movements) and weapon effects as reloading, the shells... I am sure you have thought through this already. I dont like giving repetative feedback! Some bunkers would do kindly..

June
smooth-3d.com
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: June] #193886
02/22/05 04:39
02/22/05 04:39
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
These things are all currently in the demo already..

except the bunkers.....

*Homer Simpson Voice* MMmmmmmm.. Buunkers...

I'll see what I can do!

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: LarryLaffer] #193887
02/22/05 06:40
02/22/05 06:40
USA
June Offline
June  Offline

USA
I must have gone silly then! Playing too many demos sure eats your memory..

June
smooth-3d.com
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: LarryLaffer] #193888
04/10/05 07:01
04/10/05 07:01
California
Daedelus Offline
Senior Developer
Daedelus  Offline
Senior Developer

California
My apologies for digging up a semi-old thread..
The topic really interested me.
Is the Intense AI project still among the living?
If so, when do you project an availability date?

Thanks

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193889
04/11/05 11:16
04/11/05 11:16
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
First off, it was actually quite good, I enjoyed it. The enemies react fairly dumb though, no offence, but when you walk out of range/sight they simply loose you, and won't chase you, or at least so it seemed.. Other then that they respond good. I would add chase actions. Also though this level isn't bad, maybe you should make a level that's more suitable for showing this AI, somehow I got a feeling that a room with quite some boxes and corridors and stuff, maybe a bit like a hangar-like place would/could show it better.. This would also show the pathfinding better, where as you ask me, in this level there's hardly a need for good pathfinding, as long as the bots are aware of some walls.... Really no offence, you did a great job already, but if you've got the time for it, I would like to see it in a different level... One last thing, I think the death animation should be faster..
Good luck..

Edit: Didn't saw that this was a old thread, I'll let my reply stay anyways..

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 04/11/05 11:17.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: PHeMoX] #193890
04/11/05 13:31
04/11/05 13:31
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
the whole ai package is in the making and there are lots of updates in all categories (code, ai, levels, models aso).
The shown version was a very early preview of what is coming up. It was not a real public version but a first beta test that was made public.

With all the feedback we are able to optimize the ai pack as good as possible.

though no release dates yet nor any demo previews planed so far .... its done when its done

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Blattsalat] #193891
04/12/05 19:22
04/12/05 19:22
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hello all!

I found it quite suprising to see this old thread back on the top, and I didn't wanted that to happen cause the damn site is down, and the photos ain't working any more, making the whole thing looking.. oold.. On the bright side, the demo is still up!

The truth is, Intense Ai couldn't be more alive.. I'm working really hard to get the features I want done in order to release the first version out.. Shamefully, I can't release any dates yet..

The non-following Npcs bug was a great catch, although it has been fixed in the latest version.. For all of you who didn't catch this thread from the beginning, I was planning on a much-much lighter indoor level, to show the power of Intense Ai alone, but I guess I never done that.. Alternatively, I focused on powering up the engine a bit.. Intense Ai now fashions a nice Goal-Oriented-Action-Planning(GOAP) System, instead of the old and boring FSM it used to had. In english, that means that it now allows for unpredictable and original actions thanks to spatial awareness and dynamic planning. That made it much more fun and entertaining to be play and I'm happy I took the time to go thought this.

I'm sorry I don't have a release date yet, although, since I've decided upon many versions, I expect the Standard version to get out pretty much soon.. I'm also sorry about the whole site going down.. I'm on it and I hope to get it fixed in a week or two..

Here's my ToDo list for now.. People that are also interested with Ai will know what I'm talking about.

What do Do Next?
-------------------------

Generic
-----------
1)8.1: First-Person Shooter AI Architecture
2)1.4: Artificial Stupidity: The Art of Intentional Mistakes

Architecture
----------------

2)5.2: Stack-Based Finite-State Machines
1)7.5: A Flexible Goal-Based Planning Architecture
2)3.4: Applying Goal-Oriented Action Planning to Games
2)3.1: Constraining Autonomous Character Behavior with Human Concepts

Decision Making
-----------------------
1)7.2: Introduction to Bayesian Networks and Reasoning Under Uncertainty
1)7.3: A Rule-Based Architecture Using the Dempster-Shafer Theory
1)7.4: An Optimized Fuzzy Logic Architecture for Decision-Making
2)6.4: Motivational Graphs: A New Architecture for Complex Behavior Simulation
2)6.5: Minimizing Agent Processing in Conflict: Desert Storm
2)10.2: Constructing a Decision Tree Based on Past Experience
2)10.3: Understanding Pattern Recognition Methods

Team Based
------------------
1)7.1: BlackBoard Architectures

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193892
04/17/05 01:25
04/17/05 01:25
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Have you revamped the demo or is it still the same one.
I am very interested in this project and would like to see a release candidate ASAP if you got the time.
I'm at a stage now where I look at other peoples AI work or start building my own.
Cheers.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Nems] #193893
04/17/05 12:56
04/17/05 12:56
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Hey, that 'to do' list sounds pretty nice, where did you get all those theories from? Books and stuff, or just the internet?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de