by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Lapsa), 1,331 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mino, squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan
19061 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) #193834
02/13/05 13:45
02/13/05 13:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!)

Hello everyone!

I saved my 100th post for this really special occasion.

The very first demo of Intense Ai is out. Please take the time to download it and tell me what you think of it. Basic features are there, so you can get a hint of how the Basic version of the ai Series will look like.

I apologise in advance for the size of this demo. It's something less than 50mb, but do give it a shot cause it's well worth it. If you find that too much for you though, I guess you'll have to do with some screens instead..

Get the Demo Here!

The features of the Intense Ai engine go as follows:

Nodeless Pathfinding (You don't have to spend hours placing nodes in your levels any more. Ai is capable of handling itself just fine..)

Advanced Cover Tactics (Using the latest technology on cover Tactics, as used in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Just build your level and let our Bots worry about where to hide)

Alliances (If a team of gangsters meet up with an FBI squad, hell will break loose! You make the teams, and bots will stick to them!)

Plug and Play (Does C-Script looks like Greek to you? No worries, you can install Intense Ai without typing a single line of Code. If you need to configure your bots properly, you can now do it through WED instead!)

Template 6 Friendly (You don't like the templates? That's fine, our engine will work without them. But if you do, Intense Ai will happily accept any Template 6 weapons you've made already and play along realy nice with your existing Template 6 project.

If you played the demo, and you felt like the models you saw should actually be in your game as well, well I guess this is your lucky day.. Models are on sale as well.

Everything was made by the very talented Blattsalat we all know and love, and he carries a big selection of ww2 models that will be available for sale as well, under the name of 'Intense Ai - ww2 model pack'

The pack will include

Humanoid Models (Soldiers, Generals, and pretty much everything that will make up for a ww2 game)

Weapons (blattsalat has a 'thing' for world war weapons, so you may be assured that everything in this pack will be an EXACT replica of the real thing..)

Heavy and Light artillery (Tanks, ballistics, planes, you name it.. we got it..)

Everything animated and ready to rock 'n roll(Everything is fully animated, and completely compatible with the Intense Ai engine. Either you buy this pack along with the Ai engine or not, these ww2 pack is for you)

Ok, I won't advertise any longer, I feel like these guys on midnight advertisment TV shows who just won't shut up and keep praising their product on and on and on.... until you fall asleep:)

I started the Intense Series, firstly because I could, and secondly because I felt like the community would greatly benefit from it. There are lots of people who have amazing and very original game ideas, but they hardly manage to go through the first stages of game production, because they have to deal with basic things like Ai, pathfinding, etc, etc.. My goal is to build a ground level for them, so that they can take the time to work on their ideas instead!

Of course, I can't just give my work away like that. I have spent many many months on this project, so I'll have to get something back in order to keep working on it. So I want to take this opportunity to ask everyone who is interested in this project to list All the features they would like to see in the Basic version of Intense Ai, and the price they would be willing to pay for it. I do intend to make an Advanced and a Proffesional version as well(I know, the edition names ain't too original, but they do their job..) so please don't storm these thread with too crazy features, like driving Tanks or Bones animation for now. Keep in mind, that the more features you ask for the Basic version, the more time I'll have to take to make them, and the higher the price will be.. So be sensible:)

If you've read through here... thank you:) If you've downloaded the demo as well, double thanks.. Please take the time to post too. Your feedback means lot to me!

Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
111 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: PHeMoX] #193894
04/19/05 20:10
04/19/05 20:10
Germany, Hamburg
Blitzblaster1 Offline
Blitzblaster1  Offline

Germany, Hamburg
Hi Peter !

The Game looks great. The best what i see right now from the A6 Engine
here in this Forum. The Soundtrack remember me a bit from the Theme Braveheart.

Regards,
Blitzblaster1

Casual Games: www.playsmallgames.de
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Blitzblaster1] #193895
04/20/05 14:10
04/20/05 14:10
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hello everybody!

it's always cool to see that New icon next to this thread on my Home page.. Even further when its all praises and nice words:)

Nemesis, unfortunatelly I don't have any other demo than the one you've already seen at my hands.. Making a demo proves to be a big deal and I don't want to get involved with a proccess like that before I get the features I want for the Standard Version done first. This is gonna be the slowest part I guess, since I'm also building the backbone of the engine which is what takes most of the time.
Keep on your research on Ai for now, and you'll be one of the first to know when Intense Ai is ready. If you need any extra help for your Game ai, don't hesitate to pm me or something..

PHeMox, these are all chapters from the two tomes, Ai Game Programming Wisdom I and II. I can't express in words how highly I appreciate these 2 books. There's nothing like them, so if you're interested in Ai, go get em!

Hiya Blitz.. Thanks man.. I tried to give this demo a nice pro' looking touch, with all the cutscenes and stuff.. I'm sure there are greatest things around in the forums though, after all, I was just exhibiting my Ai there..
The SoundTrack I used is 'borrowed' from another project I'm invlolved, Vain. It's made by my cousin.. I think he's quite talented there..

ahmm.. Who's Peter though?

Cheers all,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193896
04/23/05 02:30
04/23/05 02:30
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
KK Larry, will do on all counts.
Love replaying your demo and boy I get so mad I cant finish it but one day soon, I will have a higher spec computer and when I do, those AI bots are gonna get their gluteous maximi's kicked for sure.
Cheers.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Nems] #193897
04/25/05 20:26
04/25/05 20:26
Germany, Hamburg
Blitzblaster1 Offline
Blitzblaster1  Offline

Germany, Hamburg
oooops.........my posting is in a wrong thread.....sorry

Casual Games: www.playsmallgames.de
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193898
04/29/05 23:29
04/29/05 23:29
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

@LarryLaffer
Quote:

What do Do Next?
-------------------------

Generic
-----------
1)8.1: First-Person Shooter AI Architecture
2)1.4: Artificial Stupidity: The Art of Intentional Mistakes

Architecture
----------------

2)5.2: Stack-Based Finite-State Machines
1)7.5: A Flexible Goal-Based Planning Architecture
2)3.4: Applying Goal-Oriented Action Planning to Games
2)3.1: Constraining Autonomous Character Behavior with Human Concepts

Decision Making
-----------------------
1)7.2: Introduction to Bayesian Networks and Reasoning Under Uncertainty
1)7.3: A Rule-Based Architecture Using the Dempster-Shafer Theory
1)7.4: An Optimized Fuzzy Logic Architecture for Decision-Making
2)6.4: Motivational Graphs: A New Architecture for Complex Behavior Simulation
2)6.5: Minimizing Agent Processing in Conflict: Desert Storm
2)10.2: Constructing a Decision Tree Based on Past Experience
2)10.3: Understanding Pattern Recognition Methods

Team Based
------------------
1)7.1: BlackBoard Architectures

Those items look great, but I do not yet have the background knowledge to appreciate, appraise and value them.
To be marketable, features relying on those concepts may have to be thoroughly explained to potential customers.
(Will the download include a 50 page user manual in Acrobat .pdf format?)

Previously, you stated that the product would be a "script only" solution, and would contain no .dlls.
As I have already stated, I do not have adequate background information, but I suspect that implementing those concepts without structures and object-orientated programming would be insanely difficult and very messy.
Do you still intend to stick to a C-Script-only implementation?

Perhaps, there is a conflict between your love of AI principles and the completion of a viable product.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: testDummy] #193899
05/02/05 01:15
05/02/05 01:15
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Greets testDummy my man..

Quote:

Those items look great, but I do not yet have the background knowledge to appreciate, appraise and value them.
To be marketable, features relying on those concepts may have to be thoroughly explained to potential customers.
(Will the download include a 50 page user manual in Acrobat .pdf format?)

Well for now you should feel free to google search each one of these concepts and I can assure you you'll find all the information you need, cause this is real industry theories and not something I'm making out of my head.. Making an adobe file or something explaining a little bit of my features in not a bad idea at all, I'll surely consider it.. But not till the engine is done though.. Implementing them is a challenging enough proccess, I wouldn't spend any of my time trying to make guides and stuff for now.. But I'll keep it in mind

Quote:

Previously, you stated that the product would be a "script only" solution, and would contain no .dlls.
As I have already stated, I do not have adequate background information, but I suspect that implementing those concepts without structures and object-orientated programming would be insanely difficult and very messy.
Do you still intend to stick to a C-Script-only implementation?

Have faith in C-script my man.. it's not all bad and it has improved greatly since the A4 times.. We got 4 variables per function now, we got local variables, pointers and all kind of neat stuff.. And C-script is an object-oriented language alright. There might be no classes and no structures and cool stuff like that, but if it can provide me with an "action" function for the entity to run to, that's good enough for me, and it's good enough for all the features I got in mind.. So far, the only real problem I had with C-script is that it's not as fast as C++ goes on heavy calculations when it comes to pathfinding and that sort of stuff. But it's as fast as Unreal Script, and you've seen how many great games have been made using the Unreal Engine..

I don't worry too much about C-script, it does the job fine.. So I'm sticking to the promise with not using any dlls or anything, cause it's gonna get messy, and people might want to actually see the code they're using and I respect that. Furthermore, I'm not much of a C++ programmer , C is as far I've gone through and there's no time for learning now so no dlls, no worries:).

All these algorithms are smart for what they are, and for all its worth, they could be implemented with Pascal or Basic or any other crappy language:P it's the algorithm that matters.
You should actually do a search for just two of the features I listed above. GOAP and the Blackboard architecture.. look into some algorithms you might find in google and you'll get to see the simplicity beyond that strange looking name..
If you'd like, I could get you started on some topics, let you in some stuff I've read about all these things through this time and get you going with it yourself, so feel free to PM me about it..

on another, more sad Note, I have stopped working on Intense Ai for the past week. Unfortunatelly I'm in a very tight economic position here, I study aboard and my debts from the last and this year are swarming me and I had to degrade myself into making a football betting program in order to make a living. I hope that it gets better in a few weeks and the betting program will really work so that I can get back on track again and return doing what I love, game programming.

So many thanks to everyone who supports this project and please bear with me until I get back in business. If you need help with your ai, or some code snippets feel free to PM me, but don't let my project delay yours. When I have more news about Intense Ai, I'll make sure the community learns it and I'll try my best to get on that as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193900
05/02/05 08:15
05/02/05 08:15
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
Just checked it out today pretty impressive i like the way you set up the demo like a mini game Had fun but was a little slow on my system as well. Just ran the default settings. other then that tho looks very good. Hope you can get back to it soon would love to see more.

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: FeiHongJr] #193901
05/03/05 01:41
05/03/05 01:41
San Francisco
clone45 Offline
User
clone45  Offline
User

San Francisco

I guess another way to research your techniques might be to read AI Game Programming Wisdom, 2002. *grin* What's this book like? Is it math heavy? Is it straightforward? I might have to pick myself up a copy!!

- Bret

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: clone45] #193902
05/03/05 02:14
05/03/05 02:14
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
clone45, that link is pretty neat.. I guess it does the purpose of explaining all these topics perfectly, since that's exacly where I got that information myself.

The books are great, go get em. They're simple, not too much Math in it unless it's absolutely necessary and the techniques are hitting right to the bone, since they're made by game developers for game developers.

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193903
08/26/05 19:49
08/26/05 19:49
AAO Offline
AAO  Offline

Errr, Sorry yo ask but approximatly what will be the price and when will this AI system be released?

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de