Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,394 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] #193981
02/21/05 04:18
02/21/05 04:18
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german]

Note: This demo is not the official demo, more of a small presentation to the 3dgs community. Official demo will be released on VERY SOON with completely different levels and fixed bugs.

English:

ROMAC STUDIOS is proud to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD™ -
A 3d Action/Adventure Game with puzzling levels full of action at all times, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About:

Control the destiny of an entire kingdom. The bird kingdom is at risk of being destroyed and it is up to you to once more prove yourself! You must win the Action Bird contests to keep the Bird Kingdom on its feet!
Your name is Jet, you are no simple bird, you are no simple duck - you are the one and only leader, the one and only Action Bird.
You will be fighting your way through exciting trials:
The Trial of Strength
- 8 large, exciting, nicely detailed levels!
- Great gameplay movements: Jump through great obstacles, climb or even monkey swing.
- Fight over 20 enemies!
The Trial of Speed
- 10 levels full of obstacles and challenges!
- Realistic physics that will keep you thinking about every next move you're going to make.
The Trial of Intellect
- 15 challenging puzzles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

- Stunning graphics using latest technology shader effects to engage the eyes of the players.
- Easy to control and fun gameplay.
- Beautiful instrumental scores giving a great feel to the game!
- Enjoy 3 complete original game modes with over 30 action packed levels!
- Hours and hours of stunning action.
- Enjoy great visual quality and smooth gameplay even with lower system specifications.
- Suitable for all ages!
- And much more...

Release date of demo:
Today!

URL of demo:
http://romac-beta.xixao3d.com/download/demo/Setup.exe
~135 mb

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS:
Email: Guy@RomacStudios.com / ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com

With Best Regards,
The Action Bird Team.

German:

ROMAC STUDIOS ist erfreut ihnen deren erstes Spiel zu präsentieren
ACTION BIRD™ -
Ein 3D Action/Adventure spiel mit Knobel Levels voller Action zu jedem Zeitpunkt, geeignet für jedes Alter.
(www.romacstudios.com)

Über Action Bird:

Kontrollieren sie das Schicksal eines ganzen Königreiches. Das Königreich der Vögel läuft Risiko zerstört zu werden und es liegt an ihnen sich ein weiteres
mal zu beweisen! Sie müssen den Action Bird Wettbewerb gewinnen um das Königreich der Vögel auf den Beinen zu halten!
Ihr Name ist Jet, sie sind kein einfacher Vogel, keine einfache Ente - ihr seid der einzigartige Meister!, der einzige Action Bird.
Sie werden sich den weg durch verschiedene aufregende Prüfungen kämpfen:
Die Prüfung der Stärke
- 8 große, aufregende, wunderschöne detaillierte Levels!
- Große Vielfalt an moves: Springen sie über große Hindernisse, klettern oder schwingen sie sich wie ein Affe.
- Bekämpfen sie über 20 Feinde!!
Die Prüfung der Geschwindigkeit
- 10 Levels voller Hindernisse und Herausforderungen!
- Realistische Physik die sie über jeden ihrer nächsten schritte nachdenken lassen wird.
Die Prüfung des Intellekt
- 15 herausfordernde Puzzle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

- Umwerfende Grafik durch das benutzen der neusten Shader Technologie um die Augen des Spielers ausfallen lassen werden.
- Einfache Steuerung und viel spaß.
- Wunderschöne Instrumentelle Musik Untermalung die ein wunderbares Spielgefühl vermittelt!
- Genießen sie 3 originelle Spiel-Modi mit über 30 Action bepackten Levels!
- Stunden um stunden erstaunlicher Action.
- Genießens sie schöne Grafik und ein flüssiges gameplay selbst auf Low-End Systemen.
- Geeignet für jedes Alter!
- Und viel mehr...

Erscheinungsdatum der Demoversion:
Heute!

URL zur Demoversion:
http://romac-beta.xixao3d.com/download/demo/Setup.exe
~135 mb

Feedback ist immer erwünscht (www.romacstudios.com)

Kontaktieren sie ROMAC STUDIOS:
Email: Guy@RomacStudios.com / ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Das Action Bird Team.

45 Comments
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Realspawn] #193991
02/21/05 07:51
02/21/05 07:51
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
its not about sounding mean or anything but:
+the strnght part is a jump and run game...or have i missed anything here ?? Now dont tell me the slow motion soesnt bother you. That was what i was pointing out here.

+the ball game: has anybody managed to solve the test level in less then 4 hours?? if so i would like to hear it since it was very frustrating for me to have to restart it 200times in a row. And still i did it to be fair and judge the game but i havent finished it yet.

+ the thinking game part: its all about strategy and i am pointing out one major issue: i have been locked in a corner more then once just because the level changed all of a sudden. I do think this are gameplay issues necessary to be mentioned. its better me then a game magazine writer that cuts off your percentage in half because of that.

I forgot to mention that i liked the musik quite much. Though the sound effects are a little bit cheesy in the strenght mode.

So i dont know whats the fuzz all about my comments. Either this is an oppurtunity to got honest feedback or some "whiping honey arround the mouth" thread.
I would rather go the first road here. If thats uncomfortable to anyone just skip my comments.

Its for sure not the worst game ever and i think it has lots of potential (that i have staded in my comment as well) but its way much worse then i expected because of this major issues staded above.

So either you use my honest and not harsh or spaming ment critiques as some feedback to improve your work or you just leave it out because you dont agree with me.
In any of those case i dont feel like i have to say something else then my oppinion.

thats my 2cents about it
cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Blattsalat] #193992
02/21/05 07:58
02/21/05 07:58
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Fantatsic guys, absolutly fantastic BUT.....
The camera made me queasy so I'll have to approach this peice by peice.
Very professionsl all round so far and I'm sure the final will be awesomer, if thats a good word.
Thanks, good luck and well done.

Last edited by Nemisis; 02/21/05 08:01.
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Nems] #193993
02/21/05 08:00
02/21/05 08:00
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

What are the memory requirements of the game?
512 MB Ram and a GF4 with 64 MB Ram don't seem to be enough... the infamous "0MB required" error message pops up at startup of the game

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Blattsalat] #193994
02/21/05 08:02
02/21/05 08:02
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

Quote:

its not about sounding mean or anything but:

I don't think we all think your thinking this is mean, what your saying. (If you can comprehend that, at least someone can lol). We/They were just saying we may not 'agree' with you on your points.

Quote:

+the strnght part is a jump and run game...or have i missed anything here ?? Now dont tell me the slow motion soesnt bother you. That was what i was pointing out here.

Slow Motion? I didn't run into any slow motion problems here. Maybe your system was just 'lagging' and it made it seem like slow motion? Check your FPS rate.

Quote:

+the ball game: has anybody managed to solve the test level in less then 4 hours?? if so i would like to hear it since it was very frustrating for me to have to restart it 200times in a row. And still i did it to be fair and judge the game but i havent finished it yet.

I sort of agree with you here. It gets annoying and very frustrating. If they want this level to be any bit of success they will probably need to implement a feature that loads from the last coin you got, if you catch what I mean.

Quote:

I forgot to mention that i liked the musik quite much. Though the sound effects are a little bit cheesy in the strenght mode.

I have to agree with you here! The sounds really brought this game to life, especially the theme it had within. The background music theme matched perfectly with the theme of the level, something that was really nicely done here.

Quote:

So i dont know whats the fuzz all about my comments. Either this is an oppurtunity to got honest feedback or some "whiping honey arround the mouth" thread.
I would rather go the first road here. If thats uncomfortable to anyone just skip my comments.

I'm quite sure the Action Bird team enjoys your feedback, your concerns, and your remarks. Many people may have been simply disagreeing with you rather than saying your remarks were unfair. I think there should definetly be some negative comments on everything, especially because no game is perfect.

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Realspawn] #193995
02/21/05 08:05
02/21/05 08:05
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Hi Guy,

There has been one helluva lot of good work done here.

Pros:

I like the main Character "Action Bird"
The Village in the Strength test is very cool, the model, the level, and the lighting is Fabulous.
I like the audio and the music.
I like the begining menu area very cute.

Cons:

Playability, I got frustrated playing all three levels, maybe thats my fault.
Camera is sort of crazy, close to what we call "vomit cam".

email me if you want a more complete review. I am not interested in having my critique trashed publicly like Blatty's, he has some very valid points.

There are serious flaws in the demo that you should address.

Ken

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: ISG] #193996
02/21/05 08:08
02/21/05 08:08
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ROMAC  Offline OP
Expert

Israel, Haifa
lol... this is great I'm so glad these comments came up!
Here's my response to all this:
Jump and Run Mode
The thing here is that this is the only level with such narrow allies. So the camera gets stuck on everything making it really really annoying. I'll replace the demo level with an outside level so the public can have fun with the camera.
Wonder Sphere Mode
The thing here is that it's level 10 in actual game... it was easy for me thought it'd be easy for everyone. It's actually a really fun mode once you get good at it... will put level 2 in public demo instead.

Thanks for comments, gives me a good view of what to put and what not to put in a demo

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: ROMAC] #193997
02/21/05 10:13
02/21/05 10:13
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
I never played the demo(56k) but perhaps use view.nocull to solve the camera issues. If it indeed gets stuck on objects and keeps on zooming up and ruins the gameplay then just have it go through the walls.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: ROMAC] #193998
02/21/05 11:59
02/21/05 11:59
Australia
DavidLancaster Offline
User
DavidLancaster  Offline
User

Australia
I could be wrong but I think I know why the camera is hard to use in narrow areas. It's the fact that the camera's pan don't move directly behind the player relative to the player's pan. The camera somehow scans to see if there is a wall behind the player, if there is a wall it wont move/pan behind the player to avoid clipping. I suggest that if the player backs up against a wall, make the camera stay behind the player, but make it go a little bit higher and tilt down towards the player so that the camera does avoid clipping but the pans of both the player and the camera remain relative. The user is familiar with using WSAD keys to move the player in relation to the camera. When your camera avoids clipping and moves away from the player's pan the WSAD keys no longer move the player in relation to the camera and hence the user has a more difficulty controlling the player.

The speed trial was really fun. If you get used to controlling the ball it is quite easy. You gotta keep in mind that you can't move the ball while it is in the air, if you try to move it it will accelerate in that direction but will not move until it hits the ground, hence once it hits the ground it will fly off unexpectantly in that direction.

I got stuck in the strength trial. After I got the second shard the game loaded to the point just after I got the first shard. It always does this. Is it deliberate for limiting playability in the demo?

The puzzle trial was fun. A little easy for me. But fun.

Good game. The music takes it from good to excellent. The little menu scene was very inventive (kinda like Ratchet & Clank). Overall great effort and I hope you make lots of sales with this game.

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: DavidLancaster] #193999
02/21/05 12:19
02/21/05 12:19
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
nope, the fps is quite good (50+ minimum)...its him moving veeeery slow if you dont use the run button. And if oyu use the run button its hard to control him in narrow areas.

I get the same reload thing so i assume its the level end since i can see a wall with the standard texture in the tunnels

One thing that bothers me are those invisible walls in the strenght mode. Once up the roofs i keep getting stuck in different areas.

After trying the speed game a loooooong time you learn how to move arround. The airborn stuff mentioned above took me a while to figure out. It works, but still not easy and quite frustrating.
The above mentioned respawn points might help a lot. And maybe some alternative ways that take longer but are managable even by dummies like me would help.

Another thing that i noticed while being stuck in a wall and beaten up by the cam from behind: the duck has unwelded vertices at the neck and the arms.

I agree on the starter screen as well. Its quite good and moody. (the plants are made very well). Only thing there is the crocodile..he looks a little bit drunk and balloony.

Tought the "dont show this message" button doesnt work.

Btw.: the "running against walls and getting a hit" anim looks nice but i am afraid this can get anyoing in full action pretty fast.
I remember and old game that had the same problem..but i cat figure the name. It was an old amiga side-jump-and shoot game made by some french guys. Where you crashland in the jungle and fight aliens and stuff. Same gameplay as the oddworld series....nevermind.

A sugestion: It would be nice to get some vocal feedback from the duck once in a while. Let him talk and babble some info from time to time how to solve the level, hows his marriage going on or the meaning of life.

I am missing a little bit the connection to the hero.
I dont know his name nor why he is doing this stuff.

looking forward for the next demo to see how thing are gonna develop

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Blattsalat] #194000
02/21/05 13:45
02/21/05 13:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hiya Action Bird Guys!!

Really good work there everyone! I've been hearing about Action Bird for a while now and I was really catched on the whole wicked scenario you had there.. I was starting to wonder when a demo would come up...

I was actually expecting the bird-on-plane-shooting-things-or-something.-.-. level but I guess that's somewhere further in the game.

I don't know how I feel about the demo levels.. I'll make comments separatelly.. I think the huge load of work you've put on the 'look' of the game surely made up for it though... Neat Interface, outstanding Main Menu, and those witty different animations each time it loads really served their purpose.. Definatelly proffesional..

Strength Level
--------------
My Pc is a 2.4ghz 512mb laptop with a crappy 7500 mobility radeon gfx card in it.. That gave me an average of 20fps in the strength level, I guess cause it seemed heavier than the other ones.. that kinda put me down and I didn't played it for too long.. I didn't even figured out what to do.. Plus, I tried to see if there were any medallion pieces on top of that lamp, and I tried to jump up there and I got stuck... for ever.... I felt sad..

Speed Level
-----------
I loved the physics in that one.. But I did found it a bit hard.. How about you make this with a top view camera mode instead? That way, it would be half difficult as it is now, since the player will at least won't have to worry about moving the camera plus he will have a better view of things... Just an idea..
Oh and where's action bird in that level? what's with the nuclear ball? how about you make the ball bigger and put action bird in it or something? I dunno.. Not meaning to screw up with your scenario ideas here..

Witty Level(or what was that called again?)
------------
I loved it.. The background sky sphere was perfect and the whole classic puzzle thing was a wonderfull idea and a very nice break from the action games.. Minor gameplay observations..

a)Make the camera rotate.. Don't make it a free mode, just rotate around the level.. The first thing I did when I saw my duck character was slightly covered by that fence, I panicked and tried to find the keys to rotate that camera until I ceased trying 3 or 4 minutes later... dissapointed

b)You don't need to wait for the player to press space to confirm his move. Just pressing the arrow key should do it.. also make the action bird walk faster.. and maybe zoom in a little to let the player enjoy it's animations more... Oh oh.. and the "numbered" squares.. how about you make those have multiple "crashed" skins, where each time the player steps in they get more and more ready to collapse.. and instead of marking them with a silly X, make them collapse and dissapear.. It's not new.. I think I saw it first on eXit, an old Amiga puzzly game in the very same style. If you can mimic the exact same gameplay of that game, I think you'll be right on target..

Sorry for stressing the things that need fixing so much.. I did enjoyed the game and was well impressed by it... But hey, you post in these forums so that you'll get new ideas and see what 'outsiders' think about it, don't you? I'm sure you do...

Keep up the good work fellas..
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de