Hi,

We may be at cross-purposes here. When I said "splash screen", I was referring to the white loading box you see when you start up GameStudio. My program covers up that, making it look like the Pro version which allows you to have a picture or progress bar etc instead of the default white box. However, as specified in the A6 license agreement, if you intend to sell your game, you MUST still show the A6 logo for one second when the engine loads. This is probably what you mean when you said you thought it was illegal - yes, it would be illegal not to show the A6 splash screen, but it is not illegal to cover up the loading box or change the window title, icon, etc. Of course, I'm not a member of Conitec, but I'm basing this statement on the fact that Conitec are definitely aware of these programs and have never expressed any objections. I certainly wouldn't have invested so much time in creating such a program if I'd ever had a doubt about it being legal!

Here is a post in which I describe my program to JCL and ask him a couple of questions:

http://www.conitecserver.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13&Number=202836&Forum=UBB13&Words=launcher&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=202833&Search=true#Post202836

You can see from his very helpful replies that he has no objections to the program. Also remember that in order for these programs to appear on the Links page, the program-makers have to e-mail the URLs with descriptions to Conitec - I very much doubt Conitec would put up links on their official site that they consider illegal or detrimental to their own business.

Hope that helps, and I hope you find the right starter program for your game.

Cheers,
Keith

Last edited by Keith B [Ambit]; 11/07/03 08:20.