Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,454 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Epidemic Groove #194389
04/28/05 04:29
04/28/05 04:29
Massachusetts, USA
Ichiro Offline OP
User
Epidemic Groove

I'd be interested in any feedback y'all might have about our soon-to-be-released 3DGS game, Epidemic Groove. It's an action/RTS hybrid aimed at fans of casual games, (full games take about 10 minutes to play), which centers around building structures to defend a living brain cell from pathogenic attack.

You can check out screenshots, video, and a beta demo from the work-in-progress website here.

Also, since it's 12:23am, here's a poll.

Dejobaan Games - Bringing you quality video games for over 75 years.
16 Comments
Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: Neuro] #194399
04/29/05 14:01
04/29/05 14:01
Deutschland, Koblenz
Zubera Offline
Zubera  Offline

Deutschland, Koblenz
I love this game. It was so cool. I want more.

Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: Neuro] #194400
04/29/05 16:15
04/29/05 16:15
South Africa
capanno Offline
Serious User
capanno  Offline
Serious User

South Africa
The video looks cool! keep up the good work.

Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: capanno] #194401
04/29/05 19:43
04/29/05 19:43
San Diego, CA
M
Marco_Grubert Offline
Expert
Marco_Grubert  Offline
Expert
M

San Diego, CA
Tried out the demo: lots of fun !
The attacking bacteria look great; much better than what is shown in the screenshots! I love the drilling sound.
  • The nucleus and backdrop could still benefit from better graphics.
  • I really miss being able to zoom out using the scrollwheel. It doesn't take long to expand your base so that it fills up large portions of the screen and then panning around gets very annoying. An alternative would be placing a mini radar screen at the bottom.
  • Because it's not an orthographic projection it's also easy to miss bacteria that are close to walls. Maybe you could raise their z coordinate, so that bacteria are at the top of walls rather than the bottom ?
  • A help screen explaining all the items would be nice. The single line pop-up is a little too vague at times.
  • Same thing for the bacteria/virii.
  • In building mode it can be annoying to drag pieces around. Either add cursor key support or increase mouse sensitivity so that moving the pieces gets easier & more reliable.

Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: Marco_Grubert] #194402
04/30/05 06:37
04/30/05 06:37
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Hi,

Played your demo, and itīs really a great idea.

What I think should be better is:

- more organic look... very difficult, because it would need a lot of polygones. Smooth walls with large bumps and rippled textures with small holes and other organic things like pulsating glowing veins (could be done with two models, one has a overlay or tga map with holes for pores and veins and the other model is inside the model and itīs texture is full of red and black worms, then move the texture of the inside model, and it should like something flowing in the veins and pores).
And the floor could be red or dark blue with large pulsating glowing red veins. The less health the core has the faster the pulse. Instead of the space background a organic dark something would be nice.
The wall models donīt have to be map entities. A6 has polygon-colision for models. You can even animate the organic walls. Only the first frame will be used for colision if you donīt update the hull (if I understood that right).

- I played the demo to the and the survival mode. The survival mode was suddenly very difficult because the screens fills with enemies.
In the survival mode it got too slow too difficult. And itīs not good that it gets difficult because there are many many enemies. My comp got a big slowdown.

The complete game should get more difficult because of strategies to find out. For example:

- there could be enemies, which can shoot over walls for a short distance. So the player would have to build in such a level the walls more far away of the core. But the player wouldnīt have to close the walls, because the bomberbacterias arenīt intelligent and just move straight.

- intelligent enemies which search for holes in the walls could be combined with the bombers

- enemies which are good in breaking walls, like explosive bacterias, which destroy everything close to themself (espacially walls) with low armor

- enemies which detect a attack and escape fast with a strafe and then do a short break

- or enemies which are moving in a zickzack, if the detect a attack they jump back one time

- enemies which spore many small fast enemies if they get destroyed

- enemies which always shoot from a firm distance to hit the core

- enemies with low armor dripping every two seconds liquid while they are moving towards the walls. The liquid drops morph to fat silver snails with strong armor after a short while.

- enemies with low armor which transport enemies into the core over the walls (jumping or flying?)(maybe high walls and traps inside as extra defence)

These are some ideas to raise the strategical element.

A multiplayer mode would maybe funny. Every player would have itīs battlefield, when a player destroyes more than one enemy in a short time (combo) it will appear additivly on the enemy players field. (like tetris, PuyoPuyo and such games).

EX Citer

:L
Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: Ichiro] #194403
05/01/05 05:30
05/01/05 05:30
Pluto
SlyBoots Offline
SlyBoots  Offline

Pluto
That looks pretty cool.

3DSK Human Photo References for 3D Artists and Game Developers
Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: Ichiro] #194404
05/01/05 05:55
05/01/05 05:55
Germany
Jupp Offline
User
Jupp  Offline
User

Germany
Hello,
I played the demo and I was really said, that it was finished after level 5. Your game is really great. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely Yours
Jupp

PS: -Make more Options: Video Deph and Video Mode

Re: Epidemic Groove [Re: Jupp] #194405
05/03/05 16:49
05/03/05 16:49
Massachusetts, USA
Ichiro Offline OP
User
Ichiro  Offline OP
User

Massachusetts, USA
I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and suggestions -- you guys are da bomb. We've been working away dilligently at the final release, which will incorporate much of what's been suggested in this thread, and expect to launch within the next week or so.

Dejobaan Games - Bringing you quality video games for over 75 years.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de