|
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, ukgamer, 3run, 1 invisible),
4,286
guests, and 0
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
#195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,205 Greece
OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
Hello everyone, After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go.. Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed. Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins. I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out. I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player. I think I'm gonna post a pic now... Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible  . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version  . Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think. Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.
|
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
[Re: Bilbo]
#195480
09/28/05 19:40
09/28/05 19:40
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 524 Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp
Developer
|
Developer
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 524
Germany/Nürnberg
|
i'm toooo late, it's "Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?" 
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
[Re: Bilbo]
#195482
09/28/05 19:49
09/28/05 19:49
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 524 Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp
Developer
|
Developer
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 524
Germany/Nürnberg
|
Quote:
now post it in the official contest thread lol it states over there that rurach (sorry for spelling!) doesnt want the ai cos he has his own and that the next person to post it will win.
done 
lol reading helps, huh ? omg i feel so stupid now... i guess the bot did beat up my brain very well :/
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
[Re: Nicolas_B]
#195484
09/28/05 20:47
09/28/05 20:47
|
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 574
Ithicus
Developer
|
Developer
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 574
|
LOL the thing is pretty smart. It never come after me if Im a good spot, but the second I move away, Im dead. I suck at FPS's , so thats why I cant do it...  McLaren
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
[Re: Ithicus]
#195485
09/28/05 21:18
09/28/05 21:18
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,205 Greece
LarryLaffer
OP
Serious User
|
OP
Serious User
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,205
Greece
|
Quote:
anther thing is he knows where you are ahead of time, he can eneter a room already facing you and aimed at you.
Try hiding somewhere, say outside, or in the corner of the blue room, and press F7. This will get you in Bot View. You'll see that if he has nothing better to do like go grab an armor or a better weapon, or ammo or health... he'll just wonder around the level trying to locate you.. He doesn't cheat.. Actually, when at Bot View, you can take a glimpse at what the bot is 'thinking' on the top right corner. He evaluates every possible goal with a number from 0-100. The Goal that gets the biggest score is what he's going to do(until he accomplishes that goal or changes his mind)
|
|
|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.
[Re: RAFU]
#195486
09/29/05 07:57
09/29/05 07:57
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,121 Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank
Senior Expert
|
Senior Expert
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,121
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
|
RAFU: That might be right. But I am quite sure that a Bot will always be a better player than me. He does not make mistakes. But I do. If I aim him I will shortly shoot beside him have to correct my aiming and try it again and woops - I am dead. When I would create a real game with this superb AI, I would like to give also human players a chance. We are no machines. You said that you came close to winning the 20 frags. And you tested that all summer. Hey, you should be the best man to recognize that this is way to hard when you try the demo only a few hours and I will not practice it all winter  Frank
Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
|
|
|
|