by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (rki, Martin_HH, AndrewAMD, squik, Ayumi, alibaba), 1,150 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27
19060 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
SpaceCats! #196242
03/04/06 03:11
03/04/06 03:11
Canada
Stansmedia Offline OP
Serious User
SpaceCats!

Kitty Karnage is now SpaceCats! A family friendly () non-violent () version of the original, with updated graphics! Thats right folks, the game kicks some serious butt now. I've been getting ALOT, i mean ALOT of positive comments about these changes and I'm convinced these were for the better. The game is to be published with DIM and Game.Hype (thats all I can say).

SORRY! THE ONLY SCREENS I HAVE UPLOADED ARE THE GERMAN VERSION ONES! Oh well..

P.S.

Stansmedia is completly revamped. Check it out! http://www.stansmedia.com/index.html
Last edited by Stansmedia; 03/04/06 03:15.
40 Comments
Re: SpaceCats! [Re: PHeMoX] #196262
03/05/06 16:54
03/05/06 16:54
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline
Expert
ROMAC  Offline
Expert

Israel, Haifa
The game is good, it's commercial quality, and it will sell just like any other good game with proper advertising. Just don't let the game get to the wrong hands and you're gonna do good... ooh and put it on download.com (again the advertising)

Re: SpaceCats! [Re: ROMAC] #196263
03/05/06 20:50
03/05/06 20:50
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

OK , so target it's kids ; i thiught showcase 2 was really for commercial ones
, for more older people with games like FPS war , horror(silent hill) and
why not more adult and adventure like Another Day or Myst etc ...

yeah , so if target is kids : yes you'll have chances to sell it.

i thought showcase 2 was for above level games only like Byu Byu rocket or Ostradamus !

Phemox :
"in contrast to buying a normal retail game from $35-45"

I said it's not 35$ or 45$ : for Dark Project 3 only 10 $ or less to buy it , and lot of others RTS, adventure, RPG commercial games you can find them for
5 $ or less equivalent in Euros !

Re: SpaceCats! [Re: TheExpert] #196264
03/05/06 21:09
03/05/06 21:09
Canada
Stansmedia Offline OP
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline OP
Serious User

Canada
Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by Stansmedia; 03/06/06 20:23.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Re: SpaceCats! [Re: Stansmedia] #196265
03/05/06 22:22
03/05/06 22:22
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

well , let's stop

no , i only thaught showcase 2 was for games like byu byu rocket or orstradamus
and some others ...

i understood now what means showcase 2

i have nothing against your game at all , i just thought Showcase 2 was for more
bigger oens like Byu Byur rocket , but that's not the case

even if i said yo have used simple textures, simple concept , never saidit was bad ,it's perhaps very good, and i think it will be perfect for kids

Ciao

Re: SpaceCats! [Re: Stansmedia] #196266
03/05/06 22:34
03/05/06 22:34
New England
Rad_Daddy Offline
Rad_Daddy  Offline

New England
Quote:

You sure are 'TheExpert'... at being a spammy mc meany man.

Haha, but there is no need to call names.

@TheExpert

Honestly, you are being excessive. Comparing games made with 3D Gamestudio with AAA games is risky buisness. First of all, befor you go down that road, perhaps you should ask the author if they are even trying to compete with such games... would that not be the thing to do befor making a blanket statement that all developers here are trying to make the next Doom3??? If they are not attempting AAA quality, then your comments are completely worthless, and have no relevance. Perhaps a standard should be set for posts in Showcase 1 and 2, that sets the quality level that is trying to be achieved by the artist.

For instance, this is a very simple example:

Quality level 1: Basic level design, modeling, and scripting. Average quality less than or equal to "A" games. Compared to titles on Nintendo 64 or PSX.

Quality Level 2: Intermediate level design, modeling, and scripting. Average quality less than or around "AA" games. Compared to titles on gamecube, ps2...

Quality Level 3: Advanced level design, modeling, and scripting. Average quality around "AAA" games. Compared to XBox 360 games, or the soon to be released PS3.

I feel that most games here would fall in levels 1, and maybe 2. Anyways just an example, and food for thought!

Edit: Sorry for the edit so soon, but it was hard for me to get this idea out... I also feel that, a commercial game is defined by... being on the market. Just because a game does not use the latest technology or have the best graphics, does not make it less or more commercial worthy. I assure you, more edits will come on this topic, because i always think of ideas later than I could not get out into words at the time of this post.

Edit2: @TheExpert: What did you honestly think would be deducted out of your comments??? You cant seriously expect comments like...

Quote:

your level is incredibly simple, basic textures , that's hard to believe
it will be selled

and
Quote:

i just thought showcase 2 was for real games

would be taken any other way than they were. Be honest, there were plenty of other ways to say what you said in a nicer way... We are game designers. We have huge egos . We dont like it when others talk badly about our hard work. Given, constructive criticizim is always welcome, and I encourage it. However, what help are comments such as "you game is not as good as so and so..." to the design process?

Edit3: For my own knowledge, what is the definition of a real game? Sorry if i seem like I am on a headhunt at this point, that is not my intention, although it seems it, even to me, haha.

Last edited by Rad_Daddy; 03/05/06 23:12.

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." Sir Francis Bacon www.deckscapedesign.com
Re: SpaceCats! [Re: Rad_Daddy] #196267
03/05/06 23:48
03/05/06 23:48
Glasgow, Scotland
Lost Offline
Lost  Offline

Glasgow, Scotland
Man that was harsh TheExpert.

Look at how the gaming market works before you make comments about what will sell. Sure I could go out and buy Deus Ex 2 for a tenner, but if I'm only intending to spend a tenner on a game it's unlikely I'm the sort of person that wants to play that high-end game.

Actually I'm more likely to be somebody with a fairly modern computer but one which doesn't have the latest graphics card because I don't play much. I see the game, I think "nice concept", I think "aww that could be fun and easy to just pick up here and then", I think "looks about as good as a PS2 game, I'll have it!". He's aiming for this market, not the hardcore gamer market.

Having said that the success of LIVE ARCADE in the early stages of the 360 suggests that even these "hardcore gamer" people, those who opt early into consoles usually, buy these games also.

See, theres plenty to take into account here. Oh and buy the way, have you never seen any of the Super Monkey Ball games? Just whilst your making your wild graphical standards statements.

Moving onto the criticsm.....

The environments are really nice, the skycubes and particle effects are cool. It's all a bitty dark but then I guess it is space. Maybe brighten up the menu screen. I'd give the new, load, option buttons a bit of a makeover too. Just to make them more appealing. Actually use the in game ones, they are really nice. It might be cool if the cats ship had some sort of underlighting if you know what I mean.

Can't really comment on level design till you play these sort of games but it looks cool, well built at least.

My only worry in terms of gameplay is that it could get repetitive but I doubt your expecting people to sit for hours at a time so theres not too much risk there.

Yeah, I like it! Depending on the price I might just pick it up. Then again...I'm a serious gamer....maybe I'm not interested in good games.

Lost Games WIP - Nysho and the Attack of the Boons Rise up and flame me like the prepubescent man you outa be son!
Re: SpaceCats! [Re: Lost] #196268
03/06/06 00:18
03/06/06 00:18
Florida
Hellcrypt Offline
Hellcrypt  Offline

Florida
It is looking good, Only thing I did not like about your last game was that there was no animations to the cat. Hopefully this one has some sort of animations heh. One thing you should do is make the levels a lot longer and wider. Because you are not using complex levels this should give you an advantage. Use different Textures, like maybe the moon, mars etc... instead of just using galaxies. Also exactly what is the story behind this? Like in the end what happens? Did you save time and space itself from collapsing? Are there enemies that follow you around? Does this cat have weapons? like shooting at the bridge to bringing it down. All of this will make your game even more appealing. As for future generations it would be cool to make the tracks a lot bigger sort of like the size of race tracks add some cool particles on the side, also maybe some sort of mecha the cat is ridding making it high tech. etc...

Edit: Also it would be much funner if the angle was closer, you know like race car games or whatever. This will make sure the player can't really see the entire level from up top which kind of keeps that element of suprise. Also try to not kick shaders all out. maybe have an option to turn on and off.

Edit2: One of my questions is how do you plan to publish it?

Last edited by Hellcrypt; 03/06/06 00:42.

I do not solve problems.... I prevent them.
Re: SpaceCats! [Re: Hellcrypt] #196269
03/06/06 15:01
03/06/06 15:01
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
If you want to be chainsawed, simply make an ass out of yourself in this post. Seems I have two volunteers.

First. "TheExpert"
Do you know what constructive critism is? Obviously not. You are breaking the rules of this fourm witht he way you have acted.

Second "Stansmedia"
If I didn't already plan on setting you on fire for posting such huge images, I would do it because you've proven yourself a fool. Idiots like him are going to talk. They know they can't produce so they put down anyone who can. You're levels are on par with games like "Marble Blast Gold" (google it) and it is published. There is no need to listen to him. Simply say "Thank you for your comments." and go on with your life.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: SpaceCats! [Re: FoxHound] #196270
03/06/06 16:27
03/06/06 16:27
Netherlands
RJDL Offline
Developer
RJDL  Offline
Developer

Netherlands
ok, here's a somewhat nicer reaction from me : your game looks like it has improved a lot since i played the first Kitty Karnage demo, with nicer backgrounds and such. well, i might not be looking photorealistic, but i don't know a single puzzle-like game which does, and why WOULD it? i like the style of your game, go on and good luck!

Re: SpaceCats! [Re: Pappenheimer] #196271
03/06/06 16:43
03/06/06 16:43
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
I think the levels are visually appealing, myself .

I wont comment as to whether or not it's commercial quality because..well..I doubt I know what that might be anymore than most of you do.

I dont really think that you should be fireballing it like its God awful looking and has no structure, gameplay basis, etc. Criticism is one thing, like..maybe you "experts" have specific sugestions..? But..I don't think that's really the case. I think you aught to be constructively critical, or not critical at all, as we are a community of people with the same goals in mind.
We're not supposed to be acting crabs in a barrel.

As for my opinion...it's very pretty...but I would have to see a playable version and play it before I could say much about it..but I like what's been done with it visually. Compared to some of the other one man projects I've seen here, it's got potential .

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de