Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
freewhyblogelsewhere
by 9489cpjf. 06/03/24 06:06
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,191 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19056 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
Intense Ai: Official Thread #196967
07/24/06 02:22
07/24/06 02:22
8 Images
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
Intense Ai: Official Thread

[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/intesneailogo.jpg[/image]
Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away. We wanted to start this thread off by showcasing our new Video tutorials that are now in production. Here is part 1 of our starter series. We will post more here in the days leading up to the release.
You can find the video here: (26 Megs DIVX)
Intense AI Starter Series Part 1

And here is just a quick snapshot from the tutorial.
[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/tutex.jpg[/image]

Thanks, lots more to come and feedback is welcomed!
362 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: PHeMoX] #197027
10/08/06 20:00
10/08/06 20:00
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello people,

Quote:

What I do like to know is about the different editions and obviously the prices. Because the better it becomes as it is extended with new features right now and take much more time to develop. The price will become higher too I guess?

Take a look at this post to get an idea about the versions and prices. It's true, lots of new features have been added since then, but i doubt the effect on the prices will be any big. I'll be posting the final list of features and prices after the demo is out.

Quote:

Also having information about howto implement Intense AI into new projects isn't a bad thing. AI can be very difficult right? How do we use Intense AI, just add actions to entities and change their values here and there?

Like everyone else said, you'll be able to make your whole game from WED, with no need to even open SED. Now for the more experienced, i'm currently writting a manual explaining all parts of my code, in case someone wants to do modifications to the Intense Ai core.

If you want to see how someone can set up a game using Intense Ai, take a look at this video, all the basics are there.

Intense Ai: Video Tutorial - Part 2 - Full Download. Good quality, 91 mb

Intense Ai: Video Tutorial - Part 2 - youTube Streaming. Lower Quality

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: LarryLaffer] #197028
10/09/06 16:01
10/09/06 16:01
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Pretty cool indeed! Seems amazingly easy to setup,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: PHeMoX] #197029
10/09/06 19:32
10/09/06 19:32
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
wow... only words are wow... the only issue i have is that when taking cover, the enemy doesnt look like he's taking cover, he just always seems to be backing up? its just a small thing i noticed, not that big of a deal tho, other than that everything looks great

Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: lostclimate] #197030
10/09/06 20:09
10/09/06 20:09
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Btw, just a thought, but is the enemy actually aware of the player's health, or is it not cheating ?

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: PHeMoX] #197031
10/10/06 06:41
10/10/06 06:41
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Thanks guys,

lostclimate, he's backing up cause that's where he'll find immediate cover, at the corner behind him. By the way, the bot will only consider a location for cover to be valid if that location is not behind his threatening agent (imagine the bot going past you in order to take cover from you..gay)

Anyway, taking cover can look more impressive when the bots try to hide behind dynamic objects, like barrels and crates. So I've uploaded a new video for you to see. The physics are the native gstudio pro's but newton should work as well of course.

Intense Ai: Taking Cover* - youTube Streaming

Quote:

Btw, just a thought, but is the enemy actually aware of the player's health, or is it not cheating ?

i don't really consider that cheating. You'd be able to tell if someone's been hurt or not from all the...blood and stuff. But...

Bots can't tell someone elses exact HP number. All they can see is how much they've been hurt. So if the player for example has 10 HP left out of maximum 100 or 100 HP out of maximum 1000, the bot will see "10% health left" in both occasions.

Cheers,
Aris

*Edit: I just saw that video myself. It was pretty old and we were still using some place holder voices for it. There's some strong language there so... if you're under 13(or i dunno what's the legal limit for that) or you're easily offended or whatever, don't download... i don't mind, just..don't sue me later. you've been warned.

Last edited by LarryLaffer; 10/10/06 06:58.

Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: LarryLaffer] #197032
10/10/06 07:08
10/10/06 07:08
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
yeah, thats better, who does you pathfinding do with dynamic objects cuz isnt your node placement static, i didnt think you used a dynamic graph? also this has nothing to do with intense ai, just that last video, if your actually planning on using that game, you might want to slow down and smooth some of the animations for crouching and going prone pos., it looks kinda jerky, have to say tho, i am loving this so far. Great Job

Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: LarryLaffer] #197033
10/10/06 09:14
10/10/06 09:14
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Bots can't tell someone elses exact HP number. All they can see is how much they've been hurt. So if the player for example has 10 HP left out of maximum 100 or 100 HP out of maximum 1000, the bot will see "10% health left" in both occasions.

Okey, yeah, you are right, this isn't really cheating. I was just wondering, because in the demo the player was actually invincible, right? Didn't this influence the AI negatively?

Cheers

Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: lostclimate] #197034
10/10/06 11:22
10/10/06 11:22
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hey,

@lostclimate, There are two Pathfinding layers active for bot movement. Global pathfinding is using Intense Pathfinding(static nodes+Dijkstra) which handles static geometry; Local Pathfinding is using Repulsion vectors to handle all dynamic objects in-game(other bots, physic entities, etc). You can indicate through WED which entities are dynamic so they'll be ignored by global pathfinding and handled by the local one.

Quote:

also this has nothing to do with intense ai, just that last video, if your actually planning on using that game, you might want to slow down and smooth some of the animations for crouching and going prone pos., it looks kinda jerky

I'm not using that game, it's old. All animations have been improved in the new Demo.

@Phemox, Well for a 1st person camera view, the player model is invisible. But the model is still there, used for collision detection everytime the bots shoot at the player etc. The bots still 'see' the player since he is registered to an array as an agent like all other bots are. Bots don't care about the invisible flag.

Btw, it's important to note that for the bots, the player is only considered to be just one more Agent. it doesn't get any special treatment whatsoever if it's controlled by the player or not. All code, like animation, movement, shooting weapons etc is also abstracted to the level of Agents as well, which may be either a Bot or a human player. So I guess someone could design a multiplayer game with lots of human players mixing it up with bots and stuff like that.

Time for class. Cheers!
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: LarryLaffer] #197035
10/13/06 00:30
10/13/06 00:30
Toronto
MadMark Offline
User
MadMark  Offline
User

Toronto
Larry, good job!

This looks like a fantastic piece of programming. This will certainly save a ton of scalp tissue! Hurry up, man. My money is burning a hole in my pocket after seeing the demos.

Mark

People who live in glass houses shouldn't vacuum naked.
Re: Intense Ai: Still Going Strong [Re: MadMark] #197036
10/13/06 14:37
10/13/06 14:37
USA
Trooper119 Offline
User
Trooper119  Offline
User

USA
Impressive is an understatement, whenever you complete those videos/tutorials/demos I'm sure we would all love to see them, even if the rest of it isn't done yet. Thanks for the sneak peak by-the-way.

A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it.
--Einstein

Currently Codeing: Free Lite-C
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de