Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,454 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37
Intense Ai: Official Thread #196967
07/24/06 02:22
07/24/06 02:22
8 Images
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
Intense Ai: Official Thread

[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/intesneailogo.jpg[/image]
Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away. We wanted to start this thread off by showcasing our new Video tutorials that are now in production. Here is part 1 of our starter series. We will post more here in the days leading up to the release.
You can find the video here: (26 Megs DIVX)
Intense AI Starter Series Part 1

And here is just a quick snapshot from the tutorial.
[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/tutex.jpg[/image]

Thanks, lots more to come and feedback is welcomed!
362 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: FineSun] #197067
02/07/07 08:33
02/07/07 08:33
Spain, Canary Islands
Felixsg Offline
User
Felixsg  Offline
User

Spain, Canary Islands
Appear the A7 is coming The intense AI is very delayed
and can be compatible with a7

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Felixsg] #197068
02/07/07 18:50
02/07/07 18:50
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
I believe A7 is still some time away, however, once it is released, Intense X will be updated to work with it and any updates after. And the delay for the release of Intense X is just about over

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: RAFU] #197069
02/11/07 05:19
02/11/07 05:19
Melbourne, Australia
Matt_Coles Offline

User
Matt_Coles  Offline

User

Melbourne, Australia
can't wait for the final release. Got my credit card ready, just waiting for the release date

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Matt_Coles] #197070
02/11/07 15:01
02/11/07 15:01
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello everyone!

IntenseX release date is drawing close now, so i've decided to put up a small Beta test before i actually release the final version. This will help me narrow down any bugs that might have slipped away, see if the tutorials are lacking in some way and maybe add any last minute highly requested features. So here's the deal..

I'll start with the IntenseX Basic version. I'll open the online shop where the first 10 people will be able to buy the IntenseX Basic Beta for a discounted price(something around 10% i think..). I'll later do the same for the other IntenseX editions. So probably I'll be giving up about 30-40 Betas, before i release to the public.

If you're wondering if you should enter the beta, here's a few good reasons why you should..

You'll get IntenseX before everyone else. The final release date could be 1 month or more, after all the Betas are released.
You'll have a chance to request any new features that you think should have been there and are not!
I'll really keep an eye on my beta testers, so while you're using intenseX for your own projects, you'll get excellent support by me. I'll even guide you step by step, if you find the information on the tutorials lacking.
You'll get a discount. Of course, after the final version has been released, you'll be able to update for free. (you won't need to re-install the new update to your project. IntenseX updates to existing projects with one click.

That's pretty much it. I expect the IntenseX Basic beta to start somewhere next week. I've also taken some time and made a little feature list of all IntenseX editions. It grew quite big over the years... Here goes...

Please let me know if some feature description is unclear to you, i'd be happy to explain more. The features that start with "Intense", like Intense Dialogues, Intense Pathfinding, Intense Script etc, are actually individual tools that i've merged into IntenseX. I'm going to write detailed descriptions about each one of them later on, because typing down the feature lists of each one of these tools to the list above would make it 10 times bigger.

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197071
02/11/07 17:51
02/11/07 17:51
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
few questions:
1)what does open source, closed source mean? I am assuming it means you can look at and modify the code for your own projects but not for re-distribution?

2)what are "agent attributes?"

3)what is "configurable npc addon?"

4)so if I understand correctly, then there is no need to buy the intense dialogues if you have one of the 2 higher versions?

5)does this ai work in 3d, with aircraft? seek, avoid, goals, etc?

Quote:

The features that start with "Intense", like Intense Dialogues, Intense Pathfinding, Intense Script etc, are actually individual tools that i've merged into IntenseX. I'm going to write detailed descriptions about each one of them later on, because typing down the feature lists of each one of these tools to the list above would make it 10 times bigger.

My other questions fall under this catatgory

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: NITRO777] #197072
02/11/07 18:36
02/11/07 18:36
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hey Nitro,

Quote:

1)what does open source, closed source mean? I am assuming it means you can look at and modify the code for your own projects but not for re-distribution?

Exacly. You can choose between using IntenseX open source or closed source. Open source gives programmers the ability to modify IntenseX code, but they'll need to Obfuscate or Resource the code themselves before re-distribution. I offer the choice of having the project e-mailed to me, so i can build the Resource file for you, if you're not an A6 Pro user. I'll have to check with conitec and see if doing that is ok with them.

Quote:

2)what are "agent attributes?"

Health/Armor,Walk/Strafe/Run Speeds, Starting WeaponId/Ammo, Accuracy, AnimSetting, Body_Type,TeamId,PersonalityId,Material.. stuff like that. All customizable.

Quote:

3)what is "configurable npc addon?"

Models you want attached onto Npcs. If you've played Mother's Den, some agents wore glasses while others didn't. The glasses were an addon, as well as the helmet of the Strafes(big red creatures).

Quote:

4)so if I understand correctly, then there is no need to buy the intense dialogues if you have one of the 2 higher versions?

Yes, I'll stop selling Intense Dialogues once IntenseX is out. All tools I've ever made, including I. Dialogues, Intense Ai, I. Pathfinding etc, are now merged into one. People who have already bought Intense Dialogues will get a discount towards buying an IntenseX edition.

Quote:

5)does this ai work in 3d, with aircraft? seek, avoid, goals, etc?

I'd love to see my Ai working on an enemy spaceship. I guess the Intense Pathfinding code would need to be modified to ignore gravity. And same goes for the agent movement physics.. But the decision making will work normally and so will most of the goals(although i'm not sure how effecient the Taking Cover goal would be on a spacecraft game.) I'd be willing to work with you on the conversion. It will give me a chance to include a spacecraft movement/pathfinding on future IntenseX versions.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197073
02/11/07 19:17
02/11/07 19:17
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Would be nice if you could update th mother den demo to support 1024x768 resolution that way I can see what i'm going to purchase. Thank you.

Dusty

smile
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: D3D] #197074
02/11/07 21:29
02/11/07 21:29
Italy
M
Mondivirtuali Offline
User
Mondivirtuali  Offline
User
M

Italy
brief questions : how the headshot (!!) thing does works? May I set (still a noob) a obscene blood spray as effects when the bad guy die or he is hit? Can I use models with bone animation?

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Mondivirtuali] #197075
02/12/07 08:33
02/12/07 08:33
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello all,

Dusty, I'll try to do that sometime after all the Betas are complete. I'm also thinking of releasing the resulting demos that are made from the IntenseX tutorials, so you can see in a nutshell, what each edition is capable of before buying. I'll also ask from the beta testers if they can release(resourced of course) any solid first attempts they make with intenseX used in their own projects. Hopefully there'll be plenty of examples soon...

Mondi, Here's how headshots work. Every Agent(Player or Npc) has a body type Id. Each body type has some predefined percentage numbers, of where do crucial parts of his body are, height wise. So in a normal human, the center of his eyes is about 92% of his total height. Having that information, i can figure out where his head is, and if a bullet got him there, without the user having to figure out vertex matrices from MED which are different for every model. You can of course change the percentage numbers through WED, if your creatures have their eyes on their feet instead .

There are fully customizable blood spray effects and a blood pool effect for when an agent gets hit or dies. I call all these, game effects. I haven't used any bones animated models yet.. They should work like normal vertex animation do. If you know where i can download some models already animated with bones for the basic anims at least(walk,attack,hit,die...), plz let me know and i'll give it a shot.

Cheers all,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197076
02/12/07 10:59
02/12/07 10:59
Italy
M
Mondivirtuali Offline
User
Mondivirtuali  Offline
User
M

Italy
Quote:

There are fully customizable blood spray effects and a blood pool effect for when an agent gets hit or dies. I call all these, game effects. I haven't used any bones animated models yet.. They should work like normal vertex animation do. If you know where i can download some models already animated with bones for the basic anims at least(walk,attack,hit,die...), plz let me know and i'll give it a shot.

I never to this but now Med should be capable of converting bones animation to vertex animation..
I am a noob in modelling but still I want to use MY models , at least for monsters , baddies, ambients ( things like animated plants ..think to Alice ).
I find much more easy to animate a model using bones instead vertex .

Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de