Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,534 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37
Intense Ai: Official Thread #196967
07/24/06 02:22
07/24/06 02:22
8 Images
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
Intense Ai: Official Thread

[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/intesneailogo.jpg[/image]
Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away. We wanted to start this thread off by showcasing our new Video tutorials that are now in production. Here is part 1 of our starter series. We will post more here in the days leading up to the release.
You can find the video here: (26 Megs DIVX)
Intense AI Starter Series Part 1

And here is just a quick snapshot from the tutorial.
[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/tutex.jpg[/image]

Thanks, lots more to come and feedback is welcomed!
362 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Felixsg] #197087
02/18/07 14:07
02/18/07 14:07
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello all,

There's been some real good progress going on here for the past week. I expect the beta for the Basic version to come out in the next few days. I'll strive for today, but it may take a little more than that.

Quote:

For what purpose I use: Intense Script?

Hey Dusty.. Felixsq pretty much answers your question below with another question

Quote:

And the AI can make the character stop and wait until one object if leave the way (sample: a door closed but open auto, or a car stop in front the character but this not avoid only wait the car pass)

Intense Script is designed to help you configure your game to the finest detail. It's a trigger-event system, that you can use for pretty much everything. For example.. "When Game Starts"->"Play My Logo Video". "When First Level Starts"->"Have IntenseMusic Fade in Music #5", etc, etc.

Manipulating the Ai through Intense Script is like playing with a marionette. Npcs have a set of Goals from which to choose the best one, according to the current situation, and in Commercial version and above, you can customize their personalities (Give the secret agent a higher chance to attack any enemy on sight, cause they're brave and all. Give the scientists however, a higher chance to either run away to notify their leaders, hide, or just start crying. A much more coward response to the same situation.)

I could talk about this for hours, but anywho. Here's one way to do what Felixsq asks using IntenseScript.

"If ANY Npc is found in (<Area behind door> OR <Area in front of door>)"---->"IF Door is shut close THEN Increase Npc's <Guard> Goal very high, ELSE restore <Guard> goal to normal.

This will make an npc wait for the door to open, without really messing about with the Ai's internal movement code. All you do is change his personality a bit.

For the car stop example, let's make it trickier and assume that the player can only walk across the road through the specified walking sign painted on the road, and only if there are no cars around.

"If ANY Npc is found in <Area around Road1>"---->"IF ANY car is found in area <Road1> THEN Increase Npc's <Guard> goal very high, ELSE increase <Follow Nearest Path> Goal very high".

If the Road is free, then when the npc is approaching the road, he will look for the beginning of a nearest path. So you simple add a path with two points across the road at the "walking painted sign", and that's how the npc will cross the road. Of course, you can configure this trigger to happen only at a time of peace.. If there's serious shooting going on, or there's some crazy monster coming towards it, then he'd probably ignore all walking signs and move freely.

I'm giving a detailed description on Intense Script on the IX Proffesional tutorial, but i'll try to get some info up when we get a website again. Briefly, its a very simple language that uses c-script's compiler and syntax, but without any real programming required. The Professioanl tutorial assumes that you've never programmed before, and takes you through making complicated scripted events, as seen in the Mother's Den Demo:

An entire scene created with IntenseScript, from the Mother's Den demo

Quote:

Also if I purchase IntenseX commercial, is it possible to purchase the other tools afterwards and or do I have the option to update from commercial to professional in the future?

Yes, there will be upgrades from any version to any higher version. Even in the Betas.

Quote:

Last but not least: When IntenseX is going on sale, is it possible to download the documentation about the product for learning?

The official release won't happen until all beta versions have been out and tested. This could take a while.. However, the beta for the first version will be out real soon. Anyone can just go ahead and buy it without having to sign up to be a beta tester or anything..

Oh, now i understood the question.. Yes, i'll probably release all documentation publicly, so anyone can examine it before buying IntenseX

Quote:

Can the intense AI have a forum for bugs, sugestions ...

For now, we'll use the Third Party Tools section on this forum. If it starts to get flooded with IntenseX posts(fingers crossed ), and our site+forum are all set up, we'll probably move.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197088
02/22/07 03:01
02/22/07 03:01
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Larry, thank you for this information. I can't wait for the release

One little question though. I read IntenseX AI was somewhat based on FEAR. Although little todo with AI; in FEAR you could move the camera with the Q and E keys so the view is moving to left or right (and you can do the matrix like movement - dodge bullets) is this also inside IntenseX player movement or are we using our own movement and templates scripts?

Thank you.

smile
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: D3D] #197089
02/22/07 18:44
02/22/07 18:44
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hi Dusty,

IntenseX has it's own player movement, but you could always write your own player action and make the bots interact with him. The default player movement is pretty much what you've seen in the Mother's Den demo, so sorry, no leaning through corners and matrix slow mo... yet. These would make great suggestions as extra features in the future...

Keep an eye on this thread for the next few hours. IntenseX Basic is getting released today!

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197090
02/23/07 02:05
02/23/07 02:05
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
After 10 hours in the same position waiting in this screen for the release. I decide to lay down and rest a little. No j/k dropped by to see if anything was posted and looked on the website for the demo only it not yet support my resolution. Guess it takes more time to set everything up with IntenseX

smile
IntenseX - Basic Edition Released!! [Re: D3D] #197091
02/23/07 05:42
02/23/07 05:42
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello everyone!

It has been 2 years since we started working on this project, and we're now extremely pleased to announce the final release of IntenseX - Basic edition!

You can buy it now for a discounted price of only 27.99 euro!

Although this is the final release version of IntenseX - Basic, I will keep the e-shop open for 10 sales only and running with a discounted price. After all 10 available copies have been sold, IntenseX - Basic edition will be available again in 1-2 months from now, for everyone else.

FAQ
----

Will IntenseX be compatible with A7 and Lite-C?

Once A7 is out and Lite-C becomes officially the standard language for Gamestudio, IntenseX users will receive a free update with a fully compatible A7 & Lite-C version of IntenseX.

If I buy IntenseX - Basic edition now, can I later upgrade to another edition?

Yes. The cost of the upgrade from Basic edition to any other future edition(Plus, Commercial and Professional) will be the price difference between the two editions plus 5-10 euro merchant fees.

When is IntenseX - Plus edition coming out?

I don't know exacly when IntenseX - Plus is coming out, but it might take a while.

Feedback
----------

I'd like to ask from everyone that buys IntenseX - basic edition, to take some time and post a small review on this thread, about their own experiences with IntenseX. This will help people who are interested in IntenseX get some insight information.

For technical support on IntenseX, please use the Third Party Tools section of these forums. I will monitor and respond to these threads frequently and other users may also benefit from your questions. Please use the forum rules and start any IntenseX related thread with the title: "[INTENSEX]Topic Name".

Thank you all very much for your great patience and support through all this time. I hope that IntenseX will meet your expectations and that soon you will make great games with it!

Yours,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197092
02/23/07 05:53
02/23/07 05:53
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Ok. I bought it! Only the download link isnt working

Also the price isn't €29.99 its actual price is a little higher (€33.31) because the tax? Do we really need to pay tax ontop for electronic download?

smile
Re: IntenseX - Basic Edition Released!!!!!!!! [Re: D3D] #197093
02/23/07 05:58
02/23/07 05:58
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
Hello,
Sorry about that, Aris acdentally posted before he tested the order page, we are fixing it right now and will be ready in a few minutes!

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Re: IntenseX - Basic Edition Released!!!!!!!! [Re: RAFU] #197094
02/23/07 06:01
02/23/07 06:01
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Don't worry I have no deadlines to keep here I'll wait until its fixed coffeetime

smile
Re: IntenseX - Basic Edition Released!!!!!!!! [Re: D3D] #197095
02/23/07 06:02
02/23/07 06:02
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
Link is fixed, try again please

Thanks,
Brad Grimm

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Re: IntenseX - Basic Edition Released!!!!!!!! [Re: RAFU] #197096
02/23/07 06:03
02/23/07 06:03
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
No it isnt working, shall I pm the downloadlink?

Edit: Now it works.. Will get some coffee because the download is 5 min away.

I would like to take this opportunity to be the first to congratulate both you and Aris with the release of IntenseX

smile
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de