by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,248 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mino, squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan
19061 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Monster Mega Mahyem #198905
09/18/07 18:02
09/18/07 18:02
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
Monster Mega Mahyem

Hello there...
Well, after.. what... three years? Could be...! it is done. Monster Mega Mayhem is finnished.

Wow, youre gona say... thats... nothing...

Well, you are right. It is nothing. Everyone can say i did it.
So i decided to show off...

At first, have a look at some screenshots:

Well, after that, it is time to tell you a little bit about the Game:

I worked three years on this. Usually, this could be done way faster, but I am no coder, and i´ve spent a full year just on redesigning and improving the graphics.

You can play as one of three monsters, running round, killing people and do the stuff monsters do.

i wont go into the story here, because you can get that on the website and the demo..

Oh yeah...
the demo...

well, i am also releasing the official demo here. it is in english language, a bit over 100mb in size, and 81mb as download so a fast conenction is required.

you need a PS VS 2.0 at least. it is playable with a lower graphics card, but it will look horrible. 2ghz with 512 ram is the minimum you need.

i tested it on a system with 1.6ghz athlon, 512ram, geforce5200fx.. it runs, but pretty slow...

so.. where is the link you migth ask now?

well... on the website.

i wont post a direct link to the demo here for obvious reasons i hopefully dont have to explain.

the website is located HERE!

so... play it, enjoy it and tell me you like it^^

edit: the gamershell page is located HERE!
Last edited by sPlKe; 09/18/07 23:04.
36 Comments
Re: Monster Mega Mahyem [Re: Blattsalat] #198925
09/24/07 02:37
09/24/07 02:37
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
Quote:

Hi,

i had some time to test the game and overall it is fun. I dont know if it makes fun on the long run (the demo doesnt tell a lot, and if the demo gameplay is everything there is i doubt it will be fun after a few hours).

i liked:
+the intros are very great ideas. the themes, teh music, partly the texts but the fact that all start different is a plus...a big plus.
+the parody (musician or directors) is nice... it would be nice to see some of that ingame too
+the general idea: running arround and scaring/killing people as a helloween posterboy is fun

the things i didnt like:
+no control and mission explenation = no good!
+levelparts cover the cam quite often
+boring leveldesign...sorry, but the levels are adding lots of minus points to the game. no interaction, static and not made very well.
+controls: hard to make moves and hit someone. it ends up in luck more then skills. not being able to correct the hit direction during the hit is killing fun. the hit moves take some time and split seconds make the difference between hit and miss. so the game ends up in a lot of "damn, i missed..argh, move the hell!"
+question marks above taxis and cow heads should make me scare them? such things have to be told on startup or if you see one of those ingame for the first time.

general i am disapointed. simply because this might have been one of the very few gs games i would have bought, but for me this looks like a nice prototype with a few months work left to do.

hope you dont mind the long post and congratulations on finishing your first game. As said, the game idea gets 10thumbs up, and this is probably the most important.

cheers and congrats

nono, the long post is okay^^

well, the missions ARE explained at level start.. you justhave to read the text. there is also a control explanation and an explanation when you install the game. again, those able to read have more fun...

i heard it quite often now that people dont know what to do, or want to change direction while attacking.

but i never heard that the level design is bad... well, cant please them all...

there is still a bit of work to do, i know this, but unfortunately, i cannot fix it all, as parts of the game are not really the way i intented them to be. however, there is allways the sequel

that there is no interaction may offend a few, but id ecided its best this way. after all its a hack and slay/brawling game. i think interaction could distract from the main objective. this is not an adventure...

well, as said, i will consider all the critics, as i am thankfull for getting them i just dont know what is possible at this point in time...

lets wait and see^^

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem [Re: sPlKe] #198926
09/24/07 16:40
09/24/07 16:40
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

well, actually for these problems you can make a patch...just edit the parts to change, rebuild it, and include the new exe as well as the changed files, and zip them in a patch....if there are things you didn't finish, this is how you finish it...

- aka Manslayer101
Re: Monster Mega Mahyem [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #198927
09/25/07 01:30
09/25/07 01:30
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
well, there are other things i didnt finnish, and cant do now because of programming restrictions (cant rewrite the whole code )

however, im thinking about patches...
you will learn more, come time^^

Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: sPlKe] #198928
10/27/07 04:13
10/27/07 04:13
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!

As you can see, the game will be released on monday.
Then, you can buy it either on the official website, or on avrious other sites i will link here.

We also uploaded a NEW DEMO VERSION of the game. You can download it on the website or by clicking HERE!

The NEW DEMO includes all the feature from the final release. We also added a few things and changed a few things. Some new features are:

- individial fonts for each monster
- new startup window with loading bar
- a manual is now provided with the game
- copyright text on startup
- mission texts now stay until you press a button
- change attack direction while moving

Since so many of you thought that controling the monster while doing a walk attack would be more fun, we added this, as well as a manual to provide further aid to the players. Additions like mission panels that are displayed until you press a button make the game more accessable, additions like individual monster fonts are just for graphical purpouses.

I welcome you to DOWNLOAD THE NEW DEMO and tell us what you think. While your ideas won´t make a change for this game, they will definetely be of use for a possible sequel.

Thank you and have fun!

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: sPlKe] #198929
10/27/07 13:30
10/27/07 13:30
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
PUSH

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: sPlKe] #198930
10/27/07 14:33
10/27/07 14:33
Netherlands
cartoon_baboon Offline
User
cartoon_baboon  Offline
User

Netherlands
I downloaded the demo. I've only tested it for a short time but I have to say it looks like you improved it a lot since the last demo I played.

The graphics, though not always of the same quality look pretty nice most of the time and the new intros are a cool addition.

I do however have a sneaky idea that the characters aren't always balanced. Kevin for example seems much more difficult to play with then the vamp girl. Mostly because he seems to move at the same speed as the victims.

Though it still isn't really a game for me, what with it being a little limited with it's one attack button it still is pretty cool you managed to finish it and as mentioned earlier improve on it quite a bit.

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: cartoon_baboon] #198931
10/27/07 15:09
10/27/07 15:09
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

i was under the impression that you released this game a couple of months back, i guess you decided to re-release it.

Well the gameplay is a little bit better, considering that you don't limit the movement as much, but as i mentioned before, i'm not a big fan of this kind of game (hack n slash), but that being said, it's more fun because you didn't limit the movement, it's actually pretty playable, but remember what i said, if you want to add things or change things, just do patches it'll save you from re-releasing over and over again

Last edited by Manslayer101; 10/27/07 15:12.

- aka Manslayer101
Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #198932
10/27/07 19:35
10/27/07 19:35
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

Great !

Very original , it's a pleasure to see some original cool games in indie domain
I'll gonna try the last demo
Good work, and all respect caus you've finished a game with all menus ,levels etc ... big work : not a lot succed in that

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: TheExpert] #198933
10/27/07 19:42
10/27/07 19:42
here...or is it here...no no i...
mpdeveloper_A Offline
mpdeveloper_A  Offline

here...or is it here...no no i...
Its not really my kind of game, but I like the art style and the humor it can be sick at times but funny none the less. And yeah it does play better now.

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #198934
10/27/07 23:57
10/27/07 23:57
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Quote:

i was under the impression that you released this game a couple of months back, i guess you decided to re-release it.

We didn't re-released the game we just re-released the demo, because we actually release the final game. We finished it and and we took some considerations how to improve playability - the demo is just derived from the full version, which will be avaiable in german language, too.

We welcome you to try it out - and if you like it, buy the (cheap) full version which features a very suprising story and lots of original ideas.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de