by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (vicknick, 1 invisible), 801 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mino, squik, AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan
19061 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Monster Mega Mahyem #198905
09/18/07 18:02
09/18/07 18:02
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
Monster Mega Mahyem

Hello there...
Well, after.. what... three years? Could be...! it is done. Monster Mega Mayhem is finnished.

Wow, youre gona say... thats... nothing...

Well, you are right. It is nothing. Everyone can say i did it.
So i decided to show off...

At first, have a look at some screenshots:

Well, after that, it is time to tell you a little bit about the Game:

I worked three years on this. Usually, this could be done way faster, but I am no coder, and i´ve spent a full year just on redesigning and improving the graphics.

You can play as one of three monsters, running round, killing people and do the stuff monsters do.

i wont go into the story here, because you can get that on the website and the demo..

Oh yeah...
the demo...

well, i am also releasing the official demo here. it is in english language, a bit over 100mb in size, and 81mb as download so a fast conenction is required.

you need a PS VS 2.0 at least. it is playable with a lower graphics card, but it will look horrible. 2ghz with 512 ram is the minimum you need.

i tested it on a system with 1.6ghz athlon, 512ram, geforce5200fx.. it runs, but pretty slow...

so.. where is the link you migth ask now?

well... on the website.

i wont post a direct link to the demo here for obvious reasons i hopefully dont have to explain.

the website is located HERE!

so... play it, enjoy it and tell me you like it^^

edit: the gamershell page is located HERE!
Last edited by sPlKe; 09/18/07 23:04.
36 Comments
Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: HeelX] #198935
10/28/07 18:12
10/28/07 18:12
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
as heelx already said^^

to comment on the point that one monster is slower and that its "badly balanced":
we did this on purpouse. whats the idea behind having three different monsters that play exactly the same? that would be useless.

lucy is the fastest, but also the weakest, wich might get you into trouble in later levels (as it did with me. it took me sevent rys in a later level because i ahd to kill a few people that were obviously stronger than me) but her fast attacks and moving speed make her a great character for unexperienced players. her quests are easy as well^^

jack is balanced. he is not as fast as luy, but fast enough, has a good range and a good strengh. he is an allrounder...

kevin is the slowest but strongest of the pack. his levels are the hardest too, so he is just for the pros. but playing him comes in handy in the later levels, as his hard hits kill people fast and bloody. a gem if you know how to use him^^

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: sPlKe] #198936
10/28/07 18:29
10/28/07 18:29
Netherlands
cartoon_baboon Offline
User
cartoon_baboon  Offline
User

Netherlands
Well I guess the balancing works this way in the full game and it does add a slight depth, but in the demo it just seems all rather unbalanced^^...ah well I guess this means I'll have to buy the full game to experience the true genius^^

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: cartoon_baboon] #198937
10/28/07 22:07
10/28/07 22:07
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
i second that you should buy the full game^^
and i think kevin seconds that too... right kevin?
see his answer by clicking HERE!

for those who dont want to know the answer, at least DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST TRAILER HERE!

thanx^^

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: sPlKe] #198938
10/29/07 08:57
10/29/07 08:57
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
UPDATE:
Watch the YouTube version of the Trailer HERE!

Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: sPlKe] #198939
10/30/07 01:26
10/30/07 01:26
Straight_Heart Offline
Straight_Heart  Offline

the screens look great so I downloaded the demo and I have a full critique. I know youre already selling it but a critique is always good.

Crits

1. its most likely my PC (3ghz intel cpu, 2gigs ram, 128 ati gpu pixel shader 2, vertex shader 2), but the cell shaded objects slowed down the game whenever they were close to the camera.(tanks, cars, lamposts, gravestones)

2. Why aren't you able to skip the intro scenes for each character? They are nice the first time, but I wanted to skip them the second time around. Just add a button to skip it.

3. The animations have no transitions between standing and attacking, or between standing still and moving. The characters just pop into the next animation. Insert transition animations between animation states. It looks like you dont have too many animations to deal with so it shouldnt take too long.

4. Large walls and trees have sometimes obstructed the view between the camera and the player, namely the Pumpkin's farm level. At that point my only means to locate the enemy was seeing the scream bitmap pop out on top and just try to attack in that general direction. Put in a system to fade out obstructing objects, or rotate the camera to a position where you can see the action.

5. The scaring mechanism makes no sense. Why should only the vehicle with a question mark register as a scare? Aren't we constantly scaring people on the street when they run away with their arms flailing? Maybe try a new system where you can scare people multiple times or people arent scared of you when they first see you because they think your wearing a costume....then BAM scare them.

6. Its probobly personal taste but I dont like the rigid 8 way direction in a non-tile based 3d game. There were a few times with the chainsaw guy where I wasnt able to land an attack because I was restricted to 8 directions while the NPC's arent restricted.

7. Many times in the second level of the Girl's scenario, pedestrian spawn points spawned multiple pedestrians right on top of each other, resulting in them being stuck and spinning violently. I was able to massacre them without effort in a bad way. Put a c_scan check to see if any living NPC's are within the spawn point area and do not spawn an NPC if an NPC is in the way.

8. Female pedestrians use the same male voice sound samples. I think its self explanitory what you should do about that.

9. So far judging from all 3 scenarios there is no reason to use the stationary attack over the moving attack. NPC's move too wildly to land a stationary attack unless they are cornered and they "glitch" towards you. This is most noticable playing the chainsaw zombie.

10. The chainsaw zombie is waaaay too slow compared to the others. I found it very frustrating to kill even a cornered target because of the NPC's avoidance. It seemed the only time I was able to kill an NPC was when they glitched toward me since they dont have smooth turning.

11. the pumpkin guy's spinning scyth has unreliable hit detection. I was able to swing at an npc and visually make contact but nothing was registered. Even though he spins, it seems you can only hit 1 target.

12. Its personal taste again, but I cant stand the elevator music during the levels. It seemed way out of place. Maybe a funnier soundtrack would fit the mood.

13. visible nipples on the girl seem unnecessary, but thats personal taste.

14. The blocky levels during the cutscenes should have been models, namely the bed/chamber of the chainsaw zombie looked faceted.

what I liked:

1. its cool that the dead bodies stay

2. The pumpkin's run animation is the best out of the bunch, especially when he's running towards the camera.

3. The cel shading on the characters is nice.

4. The nonsensical humor during the cutscenes

5. the girl's bat attack with the smoke looks cool

6. the blood splatters and the puddles that stay on the ground

7. the pumpkin's scare animation

8. The girl's levels seem to be the easiest because shes fast and has a bigger attack box compared to the chainsaw zombie.

9. The girl's stationary attack animations seem to be the best of the bunch.

Right off the bat you should be able to tell the advantages of a character once you start playing, but the chainsaw zombie didnt show me anything unique compared to the other characters, other than he is slow and his chainsaw attack is slow. You say he's more powerful in later levels, but you could at least include one strong NPC for him to fight against to show how resilient he is(in this demo). So far the name of the game seems to be movement and he dosent have any of it.

There is too little interaction with the environment, and Im not talking about hidden side quests or anything, im talking about details. Almost every car thats within the playable area is stationary and dosent show any unique sounds effects if it is attacked. There are no trashcans to push aside, no bushes that shake when you walk in them, no opening doors when NPC's are spawned. All npc's use the same sound effects whether male or female.

Personally I agree that it looks and plays like a concept demo, and there seems to be lots of polish in the wrong places and not enough in others.

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.
Re: Monster Mega Mahyem - IMPORTANT UPDATE! [Re: Straight_Heart] #198940
10/30/07 13:17
10/30/07 13:17
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
1. its most likely my PC (3ghz intel cpu, 2gigs ram, 128 ati gpu pixel shader 2, vertex shader 2), but the cell shaded objects slowed down the game whenever they were close to the camera.(tanks, cars, lamposts, gravestones) - yep, your PC

2. Why aren't you able to skip the intro scenes for each character? They are nice the first time, but I wanted to skip them the second time around. Just add a button to skip it. - you can. the manual is your friend... PRESS ESC or any joypad button-.-

3. The animations have no transitions between standing and attacking, or between standing still and moving. The characters just pop into the next animation. Insert transition animations between animation states. It looks like you dont have too many animations to deal with so it shouldnt take too long. - my bad. ugly code

4. Large walls and trees have sometimes obstructed the view between the camera and the player, namely the Pumpkin's farm level. At that point my only means to locate the enemy was seeing the scream bitmap pop out on top and just try to attack in that general direction. Put in a system to fade out obstructing objects, or rotate the camera to a position where you can see the action. - no, because i hide secrets behidn that - see manual

The scaring mechanism makes no sense. Why should only the vehicle with a question mark register as a scare? Aren't we constantly scaring people on the street when they run away with their arms flailing? Maybe try a new system where you can scare people multiple times or people arent scared of you when they first see you because they think your wearing a costume....then BAM scare them. - for quest purpouses

6. Its probobly personal taste but I dont like the rigid 8 way direction in a non-tile based 3d game. There were a few times with the chainsaw guy where I wasnt able to land an attack because I was restricted to 8 directions while the NPC's arent restricted. - my bad, ugly code

7. Many times in the second level of the Girl's scenario, pedestrian spawn points spawned multiple pedestrians right on top of each other, resulting in them being stuck and spinning violently. I was able to massacre them without effort in a bad way. Put a c_scan check to see if any living NPC's are within the spawn point area and do not spawn an NPC if an NPC is in the way. - also my bad because of ugly code

8. Female pedestrians use the same male voice sound samples. I think its self explanitory what you should do about that. - my bad ugly code...

9. So far judging from all 3 scenarios there is no reason to use the stationary attack over the moving attack. NPC's move too wildly to land a stationary attack unless they are cornered and they "glitch" towards you. This is most noticable playing the chainsaw zombie. - in later levels, the stationary attack helps alot against peole who fight back

The chainsaw zombie is waaaay too slow compared to the others. I found it very frustrating to kill even a cornered target because of the NPC's avoidance. It seemed the only time I was able to kill an NPC was when they glitched toward me since they dont have smooth turning. - thats a combination fo bad code as well as a design choice that didnt work out quite well because of bad code

11. the pumpkin guy's spinning scyth has unreliable hit detection. I was able to swing at an npc and visually make contact but nothing was registered. Even though he spins, it seems you can only hit 1 target. - bad code

12. Its personal taste again, but I cant stand the elevator music during the levels. It seemed way out of place. Maybe a funnier soundtrack would fit the mood. - thats really a matter of taste^^

13. visible nipples on the girl seem unnecessary, but thats personal taste. - i like it^^

14. The blocky levels during the cutscenes should have been models, namely the bed/chamber of the chainsaw zombie looked faceted. - my bad - qickly added

what I liked:

1. its cool that the dead bodies stay - yeah, i like that too^^

2. The pumpkin's run animation is the best out of the bunch, especially when he's running towards the camera. - thank alienheretic

3. The cel shading on the characters is nice. - thanx to xxxguitar511

4. The nonsensical humor during the cutscenes - thankx^^

5. the girl's bat attack with the smoke looks cool - thanx to HeelX

6. the blood splatters and the puddles that stay on the ground - ^^

7. the pumpkin's scare animation - thanx to alienheretic

8. The girl's levels seem to be the easiest because shes fast and has a bigger attack box compared to the chainsaw zombie. - beginenrs character

9. The girl's stationary attack animations seem to be the best of the bunch. - beginerns character

Right off the bat you should be able to tell the advantages of a character once you start playing, but the chainsaw zombie didnt show me anything unique compared to the other characters, other than he is slow and his chainsaw attack is slow. You say he's more powerful in later levels, but you could at least include one strong NPC for him to fight against to show how resilient he is(in this demo). So far the name of the game seems to be movement and he dosent have any of it. - in the manual and website^^

There is too little interaction with the environment, and Im not talking about hidden side quests or anything, im talking about details. Almost every car thats within the playable area is stationary and dosent show any unique sounds effects if it is attacked. There are no trashcans to push aside, no bushes that shake when you walk in them, no opening doors when NPC's are spawned. All npc's use the same sound effects whether male or female. - i heard that a few times, but thats a matter of design. its a hack and slay after all, not an rpg. about the detaisl: you are right

Personally I agree that it looks and plays like a concept demo, and there seems to be lots of polish in the wrong places and not enough in others.

i thank you for your comments, and as you see, i commented all of them. you really took your time playing this. thanx again, it means alot to me. and belive me, there will be lots of changes come time and sequel

but thanx again^^

BUY Monster Mega Mahyem NOW!!! [Re: sPlKe] #198941
11/05/07 15:40
11/05/07 15:40
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de