Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ayumi, Akow, AndrewAMD), 1,505 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
RUDI - the secret Christmas project #199334
12/17/07 19:30
12/17/07 19:30
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
RUDI - the secret Christmas project

"On the Night before Christmas Eve, something went wrong... and there is only one reindeer to make it alright."

TRAILER:
youTube

high quality trailer on my page:
RUDI game page

GALLERY:
click here to get to the gallery

The elves were about to deliver the last gifts to Santa Claus. Unfortunately, they didn't notice that all the toys got lost into the starry sky... now it is on you to collect all lost presents to save Christmas!

"RUDI" is an open source Christmas game. Experience fun and action in a living & graphically stunning world packed with passion and wonder, elves, sweet penguins, eskimo villages and lots of gifts to collect. Travel around the world with Rudi - the presents got lost everywhere. Each gift you collect adds a sleigh to your chain.. don't cross them! Santa will give you some delicious gingerbread cookies for every sleigh at the end of each level, so make sure to collect as many as possible!

Rudi is a game for everyone. Beginners can start promptly, without reading a manual. You will control Rudi with the cursor keys only. If you are a hardcore gamer, you will love it too, as some packets are really well-hidden and require a lot of skill to capture them.

As if that were not enough, we added a complete do-it-yourself game development workshop! Create your own games with the A7 game engine with ease and the help of this well-structured e-book. Learn about the development process, the game mechanics and its tricks. Code examples and pictures will guide you through it and make game development a pleasure.

One level demo featuring the Northpole will be released on Christmas Eve 2007.

Developed by Christian Behrenberg in association with trisymphony.com. We support the Creatice Commons, therefore we use some music done by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) for the soundtrack. The game source is GPL licensed, the packed game distribution is free and the workshop is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

The game will be released on Christmas Eve 2007. So, further information will be added here. C&C are welcome. Please visit my site: http://www.christian-behrenberg.com

Cheers,
Christian
Last edited by HeelX; 12/17/07 20:22.
80 Comments
Re: RUDI - the secret Christmas project [Re: Nems] #199364
01/15/08 19:27
01/15/08 19:27
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline OP
Senior Expert
H

but hated, absolutly hated the game play, I couldnt even get out of the start pos!

Hum.. the way goes to the left.. just press the left cursor key no, seriously.. I know what you mean.

Your panel work is good too but some eloquence needs to be injected into the speils, many words could be changed to suit general english nomenclature.

Please explain this.. what are speils? And what do you mean by injecting eloquence? General english nomenclature? I really don't get that, so please let me know what you are driving at.

As it is, you risk ridicule with the texts present format for game players who would mostly be young people perhaps, not good for any publication.

You mean the story sequence? Yes, maybe because I use a more artistic font. I hate those generic fonts on such things. In addition, I use a very clean and easy to understand language + a voice over that should really circumvent that. Or did I missunderstood you?

The initial panels snap to the next panel without any transition, perhaps fade them into the next panel as I was confused when I thought I was still reading the first panel but it was actually the next.

Good point.

I have never been a fan of these types of gameplay so I'm a little biased here but overall, for what I was prepared to see, great work!

Saisonal games or arcade classics (Snake..)?

Thanks for your oppinion, but you need to explain yourself a bit better, though.

Cheers,
Christian

Last edited by HeelX; 01/15/08 19:28.
Re: RUDI - the secret Christmas project [Re: HeelX] #199365
01/16/08 02:56
01/16/08 02:56
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
OK, soory HeelX, be back soon as I need to re-download and reinstall it again so that I can quote the right words etc...

Then again, I have reread the thread and ( I am ashamed to say) didnt even think to use 2 keys for lateral movement ...

Spiel

On the night before Christmas Eve the Elves were about to deliver the last gifts to Santa Clause...

...unfortunately they didn’t notice that all the toys got lost into the starry sky...

[On the night before Christmas Eve = 2 nights before Christmas, is this right?
…were about to deliver... = implies they had the gifts in hand, is this right?
…the last gifts to Santa Clause… The last of a production run or the last ever?]

…unfortunately they did not…=> but they found that all the toys had disappeared into the starry skies

...the elves were very sad, because all the children would not see any presents underneath their Christmas tree this year...
…because all the children = who’s children? > because the worlds children would not have any presents…]

...Santa was shocked! How could he manage to collect all the presents within such a short time?
[2 nights before Christmas or one night?]

All of a sudden, Rudi appeared and told him that he's the right reindeer in the right place!...
[Then Rudi appeared and said to { talking to elves or Santa?} Santa “I am the right reindeer….]

...with the help of his bright red nose he would find all the presents in time for Christmas!

Everyone was overjoyed! Rudi will save Christmas!
Santa Clause wished him all the best for his journey
{this is a quest} quest...
beginning right here at the North Pole...

Hope this helps but its no big deal either way, its just that syntax isnt quite correct and may have negative repercussions on your game.

The font is fabulouse by the way

Last edited by 4eyes; 01/16/08 06:36.
Re: RUDI - the secret Christmas project [Re: Nems] #199366
01/16/08 17:28
01/16/08 17:28
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline OP
Senior Expert
H

Ah, I see. Though, I have to admit that I disagree. The text has been discussed several times by us and some other people which checked and corrected it. In Germany for example, you give out the presents to the kids at Christmas Eve and not the first day of Christmas like in the US for instance.

I guess we won't change it, but there are several textparts which will be added in the future (a tutorial, other story sequences and the end, etc.), so if you like, I can call you for checking it. For this purpose, write me an email with your contact data.

Cheers
Christian

NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: HeelX] #199367
01/31/08 21:34
01/31/08 21:34
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline OP
Senior Expert
H

Hey there girls and boys,

I'm proud to announce the interims release of RUDI v0.11 here. For the purpose of the Conitec "A7 looks good" contest I adressed all critics and suggestions concerning the gameplay and released a new version 0.11. These are the changes:

• No more frustration: when you collide, all sledges will be restored and you just have to collect the remaining presents
  • A new HUD element has been introduced: you always know, how much presents you've collected and how many are remaining
  • Christmas presents are highlighted by a ray of light and if you don't know where the gate is, a green arrow will guide you.
  • A new stage loader has been implemented. It loads a level and shows in the meanwhile an individual loading screen with some tips and secrets of the upcoming level.
  • All options are saved in a binary configuration file and are restored when you restart the game.
  • There are some camera improvements to make you see upcoming obstacles better and don't make you feel dizzy when you crash and restart.
  • General GUI enhancements (fading screens, effects)
  • Easier navigation (Rudi is slower and has a softer turn angle)
  • Real 360 degree joypad support (precise navigation for hardcore gamers!).
  • Engine update to A7.07.6
  • Some minor and major memory bugs fixed. Nothing big.
  • We also improved the performance on some areas (a more balanced ABT tree, dynamic LOD, removed some bottlenecks, etc.pp. - the usual stuff)

This is a preliminary version of RUDI 0.2. The next public release will have a larger feature set and amazing new levels and will be open source again.

The official release date is tomorrow (synchronous to the contest deadline), so, if you like, try it this night - and enjoy the game .. maybe for the first time

Direct Download Link:
http://www.christian-behrenberg.de/projects/Rudi/Download/Rudi_0.11_contest.zip

Many thanks to all the people which told me their complaints and issues with this game. There will be a large overhaul within the next months, basing on even more suggestions and creativity some people came up with :-)

Cheers and have a good time!
Christian

Re: NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: HeelX] #199368
01/31/08 22:14
01/31/08 22:14
Aue, Sachsen, Germany
W
Wicht Offline
User
Wicht  Offline
User
W

Aue, Sachsen, Germany
Are you sure i can set a resolution of 2048x1024...???

Re: NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: Wicht] #199369
01/31/08 22:22
01/31/08 22:22
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline OP
Senior Expert
H

Sure.

Re: NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: HeelX] #199370
01/31/08 22:24
01/31/08 22:24
Aue, Sachsen, Germany
W
Wicht Offline
User
Wicht  Offline
User
W

Aue, Sachsen, Germany
1280x1024...?

Re: NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: Wicht] #199371
01/31/08 22:26
01/31/08 22:26
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline OP
Senior Expert
H

Oh I never noticed that typo. And no one else neither. I'll put that on my list

*scribble*

.. so... Thanks! And how do you like the new version?

Last edited by HeelX; 01/31/08 22:27.
Re: NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: HeelX] #199372
01/31/08 22:28
01/31/08 22:28
Aue, Sachsen, Germany
W
Wicht Offline
User
Wicht  Offline
User
W

Aue, Sachsen, Germany
I like it. The old AND the new version.
But i can not understand why it is NOT commercial.

Re: NEW!!! RUDI v0.11 [Re: HeelX] #199373
01/31/08 22:34
01/31/08 22:34
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Game plays at about 2 frames per second on my monster game machine...

Not a good way to promote A7....

System Info

Vista OS
Core E6700
8800 GTS Video
2 Gig Ram...

Ken

Last edited by Nardulus; 01/31/08 22:44.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de