This is a good question, Pappenheimer, we don't know.

But real-time shadows are no problem today as industry shows. Even indie engines like S2, C4 or Unity3d show this easily. I am pretty sure that TGEA can display real-time shadows but how fast this is? We will see.

I already mentioned. This is a work-in-progress demo. There will be more.
But I like to see such great scenery with good lighting, even if it is only static shadow-mapping.
Try to find a tool-set that can combine static shadowmaps with normal-mapping. I asked this question everywhere (Leadwerks, Irrlicht, A7, C4, Lawmaker). There are only a few engines that are able to do (TGEA, Source and UE3). The last ones use directional shadowmapping for this.
The developer of C4 said he will ever and only support dynamic shadows. This is the future and yes, he might be right in the long term.

Some of you know that this is not easy. A7 real-time shadows have many problems with camera volume or with affecting geometry behind walls and similar. Engines like C4 use shadow zones and other optimizations to prevent that. Then it renders where it should render and it is faster because of better culling.

This is only an example that beautiful real-time shadows don't have to be slow. So the FPS-comment is not always a reason to stay away from modern technologies.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft