Quote:
I agree with you (fogman, William and more) if you say: "It can be done in A7". I know that. I know about plugins like Sphere, Ventilators tool and more. I know about custom shaders more or less useful.
But this is not my point. With the same amount of coding you can integrate all that into Irrlicht, Ogre, TV3D or C4. You could even make it with notepad, OpenGL and a free compiler.

This really shows what your real problem is... If you own A7 commercial or pro you don't really need Sphere anymore, in fact it won't work. Ventilators tool is awesome indeed, but only if you know how to properly use it, same goes for the whole A7 engine. It's not Torque and it's not Beyond Virtual.

Quote:
Many of them are even free.

But the ones that would fit into a 'next gen' demo as you would like to see are never free.

Quote:

Other tools like Gamecore use tons of conditional statements in a multi-purpose shader to reach the same goal. There is much more possible with shaders than we see in our Wiki.

Which is mainly why a lot of us say that these kind of demos would theoretically be possible with A7 too.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software