Quote:
@phemox: what you don't tell, games don't write themselves. well, i want to make games. not just fiddling around with a toolkit that happens to provide me static shadows on models with a 2nd uv map by a 3rd party plugin by a very experienced user after the next release of the engine has already arrived.

Often is really seems to me you don't want to make games, but rather have a nice engine that can do what the big guys do. I understand 3dgs has it's flaws and yes lighting and so on is one of them (at the moment I'm still using A6 even though I will eventually buy A7), but why even bother complaining when you are or could be happy with a different engine? One that's perhaps more expensive, more artist orientated, more like the Cryengine 2 or whatever floats your boat better.

I really think a lot of people here have difficulties taking the engine for what it is, apart from the fact that most people here have little skills to begin with. I'm not talking about making single textures or models, I'm talking about making actual games...

It's easy to complain about how an engine sux because it doesn't have feature xyz. Instead, you should look at what ís possible with the engine. People tend to not do this at all in these kind of discussions. Sure, I'd love to have better lighting in 3dgs, but it's not like not having that stops me from making or trying to make games.

I really don't understand how people can buy an engine like this and just sort of hope that 'someday' it will become a AAA competing thing, more or less assuming it will have the infamous 'make game' button.

Quote:
. I am not a Torque user and I am no fanboy at all. I see problems and advantages here and there.

I thought you had a torque license?

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software