Originally Posted By: iuselitec
itīs not that i don't believe you. i just got the impression that you only make models. \:\)

did you use any other engine for a full project already? because playing around with importing some models doesn't tell much about the overall workflow.

engine comparisons would be much more helpful if done people who did complete projects with several engines. :P

I absolutely agree with you. Making a certain (maybe small game) in each engine is a very good way to create engine reviews. But it also takes much time to do so.

Another possibility is to see what other users do or just look at finished projects of a technology. There are many engines that sell good amount of games. Here are a few examples:

A game from Quest3d called "Audiosurf" can be bought at the Steam-Portal and sold in some months better than the Orange-Box.
http://quest3d.com/index.php?id=209

There are a few interesting projects at Unity3d.
But most of finished games are at GarageGames. GG even works on a multi-player shooter (similar to Tribes2) that will be launched very soon. They work on a new engine release but will only publish it after they made a game with it on their own. So the technology will be industry-proven.

Besides that I like the C4-engine, but I know only work-in-progress projects so far.
Gamestudio also had a good bunch of published games in the past. But currently it became a bit quiet.

But don't forget the huge amount of Ogre games, among them very professional top-sellers.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft