Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (dr_panther), 1,264 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Wicht] #200347
04/03/08 15:55
04/03/08 15:55
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
O.o this discussion got really senseless...
Everyone here knows that there are things which could and should be improved on A7. Frank, Wicht and broozer know 3DGS for quite some time now and each of them already worked with an other engine. Even if Frank just uses those engines as a nice modelviewer and he considers them better than 3DGS for that, why shouldn´t that be true?
I consider such threads usefull because they can give me a little overview on the engines next to 3DGS and they show me always why I like 3DGS \:\)
But they shouldn´t end like this...

Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Tobias] #200349
04/03/08 15:58
04/03/08 15:58
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Tobias, again and again. Read the posts. I already wrote what Wicht did with A6. So he has enough experience to teach something.

You want more details? Do you say I am lying? What kind of a suspicious boy are you?

Ok, here are some more detailled examples: I created materials and shaders for water, lava and cubic environment mapping. I created code for dynamic lighting (some kind of special light-management to support more than 8 lights).
I made complete levels, applied actions and tested them. I made models and textures for it.
I made a terrain shader as fixed function pipeline code with the needed action.

Do you remember the German game magazine for Gamestudio? I wrote half a dozen articles there dealing with shaders, textures and code.

But again, I don't know why you are such a strange guy that I have to tell you things over and over again.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Slin] #200350
04/03/08 16:00
04/03/08 16:00
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Edit by Mod: Don't insult other members!

Frank: I will leave you alone because I think this discussion indeed became too personal. I dont know the German magazine but when that game you mention comes out and there is indeed lite-C or shader code from you in it then you have proved your case.

I should probably not have been this insistent but I just hate trolls.

Last edited by Captain_Kiyaku; 04/03/08 18:21.
Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Tobias] #200351
04/03/08 16:01
04/03/08 16:01
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Tobias: Your last post is a pure insult after we mentioned tons of examples. I am sorry for your bad behaviour. Learn some manners!

And again: Look at the post above yours!

Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Tobias] #200352
04/03/08 16:06
04/03/08 16:06
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
So, youre three guys mocking the shyt out of each others... nice^^

i know, nobody is interested in what i have to say probably because you all share that "black metal" thought, just with game desing, but belive me when i say, i know exactly why im still using game studio.
i downlaoded the torque demo to play around a little, and i actually got some results. not good ones, i admit, but thats not the point here.

the thing is, torque has, like A6 (dont own A7 yet, but ill get it later this month i think) up and downsides.
for one its damn ahrd to use. but that maybe just me...

i finnished several projects with game studio. i worked on several gamestudio projects with others.

heck, what youre about to see this summer from heelx and my little self shows that i know what im talking about when i say, that gamestudio is, for now, the best engine to create an indie game with.

and everyone who helped me "code" monsters has to agree here ;\)

thing is, of course gamestudio has its setbacks. but every engine has. i havent used torque enough to know my way around, and i havent used any other engine ever except gamestudio.

but what i can do with this engine is amazing, if you know how. when i look at people like slin, heelx or lenny, i know that this engine is the right thing for me.

and instead of arguing who has the biggest ballz and why, you should go and use them-.-

sorry if that sounds harsh, i dont want to isnult anyone. its just the same discussion every month since A4 times. anyone here remembering pretender? he was that kind of guy aswell...

Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: sPlKe] #200354
04/03/08 16:14
04/03/08 16:14
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Spike, don't worry. You did not insult anybody and we like your posts \:D

I agree with you on most what you said. So there is no need to fight. Finally you are not insulting and you are no fanboy. So I appreciate it.

And if we are off-topic enough to talk about community, then I would like to add: I am happy to see really good and rather positive posts from WhyDoIDie. I remember some times with more aggressive posting and this has changed in the past and present.

Just wanted to say something positive about some users here ;\)

Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Tobias] #200355
04/03/08 16:20
04/03/08 16:20
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
 Quote:

I dont know the German magazine but when that game you mention comes out and there is indeed lite-C or shader code from you in it then you have proved your case.
I should probably not have been this insistent but I just hate trolls.

Ouhauerha.

Tobias, I´ve worked together with Frank and DEX has worked with him, too.
It´s absolutely childish to focus on such peanuts.

I can understand his oppinion about engines as well as I can understand all the other oppinions. Because everyone has different priorities.

no science involved
Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: fogman] #200357
04/03/08 16:38
04/03/08 16:38
Deutschland
ChrisB Offline
Serious User
ChrisB  Offline
Serious User

Deutschland
Now i'm irritated.
Can't you simply say which engine is the best? I don't know which i should use, UnrealEngine3 or Cryengine? Please help me!

Oh btw is there a website to the project of this video (yes there is a video in this thread)?

www.Swollen-Eyeballs.org
#3dgs@quakenet
Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: ChrisB] #200362
04/03/08 17:45
04/03/08 17:45
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Sorry ChrisB. Up to now there is not much info about this project. Actually it is still secrete. This video was not an official one and the people from GarageGames replied in their forum that it was not meant to be seen by so many people.

But they also said that they will tell more about that soon.

Which engine is the best? This is very simply: the engine that works best for you is the best. It could be Unity3d on Mac, C4 if you want to have great rendering options, Ogre if you have some good C++ programmers and Torque Game Builder (the 2d engine of Torque) if you want to make a modern 2d game
And it can also be Gamestudio if you want to learn game-development with many examples and with huge community on smaller scaled projects or cartoon games. But you already know this.

Re: "Gears of Torque" TGEA demo [Re: Machinery_Frank] #200365
04/03/08 18:12
04/03/08 18:12
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
If I may summarize your point Frank?
Ok, thanks:
- You are impressed by the huge outdoor level shown in the video
- You are impressed by the quality of the artwork (models, textures etc.)
- You agree that there are no real-time shadows and that fps doesn't matter as this is only "leaked" through from GG internal
- You want somebody to do this with Gamestudio but with real-time shadows and good fps? ;\)

I cannot follow you in that aspect but I guess that is not the real point in this discussion, which, by the way, turned into a personal bashing thread on the level of a kindergarten argument.

I agree very much with you in your last reply Frank. The right engine is always, and I'd like to stress this, the one you like most and which fits your needs most. However one should never stop trying out new things (imho).

I also agree that Gamestudio might not be the most artist-friendliest engine around. You need some scripting knowledge to apply a shader (afaik) and you need to tweak some values etc. to get the right result.
Plus you have no instant visual feedback, well ok in MED you can apply some material settings and even load a shader but alleged it looks different than when using the engine. But I have no experiences here.

At the moment I personally cannot work with A7 as much as I would like to (writing Abitur at the moment) but I also see some things which could be improved further.

Still lets take all a deep breath and let this settle for a while. There is no use in asking what who did in which project. If a user says he has experience and can tell from that, why not let him speak?

Oh and before anyone asks: No I haven't finished any project with Gamestudio yet. ;\)

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de