true. but even those great artists couldn't fix the map compiler, increase fps to, say, irrlicht level, use a shadow system for alpha-trasparent-skinned trees without serious changes in the toolset (plugins, rewrites, bla). yesterday i played CSiS, our upcoming space action shooter based on A6, and it almost knocked me off the chair, the visuals our team has produced, mostly BoH_Havoc, has not yet been ever realized in 3dgs in realtime (at least that i know of, you know, i like to criticise a lot, so if i say so, i mean it) and it runs really smoothly. but i know that it took us literally years to get there, the plugins that were written, the endless hours he must have spent on the shaders and hanging over gpu books. but even he cannot build a hard edges feature for models, he must take detours to get there. several pp effects need their own dll. the tricks micha had to invent for the MP part are numerous.

the point is, whatever we did in 3dgs, we mostly avoided its own features and had to take detours. otherwise we could never have achieved what the project is about to become. that is not what you can call a "workflow", is it?

Last edited by broozar; 04/04/08 16:40. Reason: typos