but this will only work one, time after the form is entered, i need to save the data they enter and call it at a later time.

This is my code:
 PHP:
$dbhost = ($dbhost); $dbuser = ($dbuser); $dbpass = ($dbpass); $dbname = ($dbname); $conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql. Please go back and check your details. '); if($conn) echo("Connected to '$dbname' database<br> With these details:<br> Database Host: '$dbhost' <br> Database Username: '$dbuser' <br> Database Password: '$dbpass' <br>"); mysql_select_db($dbname)or die(mysql_error()); $dbhost= $_POST['dbhost']; $dbuser= $_POST['dbuser']; $dbpass= $_POST['dbpass']; $dbname= $_POST['dbname']; $sql_db = "CREATE TABLE rgb_dbinfo( user_id int(10) AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, dbhost varchar(100) NOT NULL, dbuser varchar(100) NOT NULL, dbpass varchar(100) NOT NULL, dbname varchar(100) NOT NULL )"; mysql_query($sql_db); ?> <html> <body> <form action="adminsetup.php" method="post"> <input type="submit" value="Continue" name="continue"> </form> </body> </html> <?php $query = "INSERT INTO rgb_dbinfo (dbhost,dbuser,dbpass,dbname) VALUES('$dbhost','$dbuser','$dbpass','$dbname')"; mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error()); mysql_close();

and this is the database connecter
 PHP:

<?php
include 'databaseinfo.php';
/*This is the information to use to connect to the MYSql database */
$dbhost = '$dbhost';
$dbuser = '$dbuser';
$dbpass = '$dbpass';
$dbname = '$dbname';
/*If the connection could not be made show this message*/

?>

the connecter needs to call data from somewhere to connect, i want the data that is called, to be what the user has entered. But this data that they entered must be saved somewhere.

Last edited by Blade28081991; 04/13/08 02:01.

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"