Quote:

Can I recommend you try out the STD::STRING stuff? char*'s and the stdlib cstring manipulators are very very dangerous, I can't tell you how many times I've blown up the heap/stack with them \:D .

Do you mean using an index that doesn't exit? Because of that I use for example sprintf_s (all with _s) which is save in this case (because of an parameter that holds the size).

Quote:

Probably because the function is expecting a double which is 4bytes and you gave it a short which is 1-2bytes depending on compiler/Os.

Stick with ints/floats, they're faster in almost all cases. 2Byte data types don't help unless you're using them inside classes to save space. Things are optimized more efficiently if all the data you're using is 32bits for the most part.

In school they told us not to use int because it's size depends on the compiler. But with int every thing works, because of that I will use int in the future.

Dark_Samurai

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version