Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,320 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: PHeMoX] #207547
05/20/08 17:15
05/20/08 17:15
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

For Roswell the farmer Mac Brazel reported something crashed down on his land, he hasn't got a phone at that time. When he was back in the city of Roswell he saw that there is a reward for a flying saucer thats why he reported his findings to the airforce.

For Kaku there is a video
Kaku on Aliens

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: sebcrea] #207549
05/20/08 17:28
05/20/08 17:28
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
For Roswell the farmer Mac Brazel reported something crashed down on his land, he hasn't got a phone at that time. When he was back in the city of Roswell he saw that there is a reward for a flying saucer thats why he reported his findings to the airforce.

Without context, it is quite hard to decipher what these two sentences are about.

Quote:
For Kaku there is a video

It is quite clear that your "one frequency" scan and "100 ly swath" statements are derived from this video.

How do we reconcile this video, given by a person who is by all accounts a respected physicist, with the history of SETI as given in wikipedia? Are there other sources that confirm that SETI only scans in on frequency and only in our 100 ly radius? In my eye, the video and the evidence differ significantly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: fastlane69] #207552
05/20/08 17:43
05/20/08 17:43
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

Next time the look up the SETI Website!

Seti searches on Hydrogen frequency

The 100 ly are just a logical thing to do as I said earlier you have to set a range for searching otherwise it makes no sense because our galaxy is 100000 ly across.

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: sebcrea] #207574
05/20/08 21:23
05/20/08 21:23
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
Next time the look up the SETI Website!

Seti searches on Hydrogen frequency

Yeaaaahhhh....ummmmm... This link that you provided, http://seticlassic.ssl.berkeley.edu/newsletters/newsletter10.html, is to a newsletter; it is not "the SETI website".

Nor does your provided link state or comment on any of the following "logical things" you state as true:

1) that all of the SETI program revolves around a single frequency scan of the sky and
2) that SETI is only surveying a 100 ly swath in the sky.

Want to take another stab at finding the "REAL" SETI website? It's not that hard I assure you? cool

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: fastlane69] #207575
05/20/08 21:37
05/20/08 21:37
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

The link I provided is SETI as well , it is SETI@home for me you seem to be pretty lazy about finding information yourself. If you don't believe the official stuff than start your own SETI dude.

http://www.seti.org/ata/fact.php here her also find information in frequencies so start researching yourself

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: sebcrea] #207578
05/20/08 21:44
05/20/08 21:44
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
The link I provided is SETI as well , it is SETI@home

Ahhhh... so to be clear, does SETI@HOME represent all of SETI? Is that all they do?

Quote:
http://www.seti.org/ata/fact.php here her also find information in frequencies so start researching yourself

Perhaps I am "pretty lazy about finding information yourself" because I'm not finding any support for your points on this link either! Furthermore, this link is not about SETI but about the Allen Telescope Array.

So one more time, because a URL alone is not evidence of anything, could you provide where WITHIN the newly provided URL it states either:

1) that the SETI program consists exclusively of a single frequency scan of the sky and
2) that the SETI program consists of scanning only a 100 LY swath of sky.

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: fastlane69] #207581
05/20/08 21:52
05/20/08 21:52
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

Key Science Goals
Determine the neutral hydrogen (HI) content of galaxies over three-quarters of the sky, to measure how much intergalactic gas external galaxies are accreting; to search for dark, starless galaxies; to lay the foundation for SKA dark energy detection

Iam not your teacher you have to read yourself, they are searching for hydrogen and just frequencies near the frequency of hydrogen. If you have no idea about those stuff stopp missleading other people on the base of your ignorance.

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: sebcrea] #207587
05/20/08 23:51
05/20/08 23:51
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: sebcrea
For Roswell the farmer Mac Brazel reported something crashed down on his land, he hasn't got a phone at that time.

He did not report anything until literally days later. In fact, it is said by official sources that he never came close to the crashed object and therefore how could he know if it was a flying saucer?

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: sebcrea] #207593
05/21/08 00:56
05/21/08 00:56
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
Determine the neutral hydrogen (HI) content of galaxies over three-quarters of the sky, to measure how much intergalactic gas external galaxies are accreting; to search for dark, starless galaxies; to lay the foundation for SKA dark energy detection

I read this, just like I read your last two pieces, so you can't say I'm ignoring what you present.

For starters, this is not the SETI mission statement, it is the ATA. This is SETI:
"Our mission is to explore, understand and explain the origin, nature and prevalence of life in the universe."

Furthermore, you seem to think that the ATA "IS" SETI. Well sorry to have to spread my ignorance around, I know how that chafes you,... but it's not. The past two times you have presented points to attempt to validate your assertions, they have been restricted to the ATA. That's like arguing that the US as a country is evil but only focusing on a single state.

And for the third time, I have read what you have presented and have found no references to your initial assertions, to whit:

Quote:
And for SETI this is really the stupids research ever done in searching for alien life they are searching on one frequency across 100 Ly,

In fact now, you have already tried to sneak in a change to your your story from "one frequency" to "frequencies near the frequency of hydrogen." Nice try. smile

And finally, this picture pretty much says it all much better than I can:

Quote:
If you have no idea about those stuff stopp missleading other people on the base of your ignorance.

As I have proven three times already that I do in fact have an idea, then is it ok by you for me to start misleading? Pretty please????

Listen, I know it hurts to try to stay civil, I know you must be biting your tongue from calling me a fool, ignorant, and a misleader, and more... but I beg you to hold on just a bit longer. I mean seriously, if you want to turn this into a pissing contest over whose brain is bigger, quien es mas macho, and that BS instead of presenting facts and debating conclusions, then I'd like to know up front so we are both playing the same game! wink

Re: Vatican says aliens could exist [Re: fastlane69] #207599
05/21/08 02:51
05/21/08 02:51
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

The Farmer never knew if it was a saucer or not he just saw that there was a reward for the one who captures on of theses mysterious saucers he thought he could make some money.

But it is like I said half of the world believes and the other half will never believe and thats okay.I am open to the possibility that there is another explanation, but for me who started out as a skeptic the alien intervention is my explanation. I really looking for other explanations and not just a simple there is not evidence thats why I think we all have to be open to the possibility of aliens (interdimensional travelers.

I wanna end this with a quote by Arthur C.Clarke "Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite