Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,182 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: NITRO_2008] #207907
05/23/08 03:18
05/23/08 03:18
USofA
fastlane69 Offline OP
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline OP
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:
I see national struggles as being more the survival of ideas and ideologies rather than the survival of a race based on their genetics.

This is a fascinating point. Have we eschewed physical evolution in order to focus on mental evolution?

Every Eastern Mystic would be proud of this!

Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: NITRO_2008] #208117
05/24/08 22:24
05/24/08 22:24
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
Heh, are you serious? I suppose that would make perfect sense...but I feel like you are pulling my leg. But for Dutch names, your name is so much easier to understand than something like Edsger W. Dijkstra

Haha, I'm not pulling any legs here, it's true. By the way, most Dutch names can be explained, Dijkstra's name too. I'm pretty sure 'Dijkstra' must have got to do with 'dikes' somehow, but I don't know for sure.

Quote:

I see national struggles as being more the survival of ideas and ideologies rather than the survival of a race based on their genetics.

For example, if we went by the early German eugenics movements both Stephen Hawking(a disabled man) and Albert Einstein(a Jew) would have been removed from Hitler's ideal gene pool, and that would be a tragedy to humans as a whole.

I don't want to stray of topic too much here, but nowadays nations aren't quite synonymous with race (have they ever?) and yes wars are mostly driven by ideology and definitely not actual survival. A lot of wars don't have an actual 'sense' when it comes to real survival of a race and evolution. And yes, you are right, it doesn't make sense to make a distinction based on race anyways as eugenics has done (does? I don't know if anyone still really believes in that, I'm pretty sure the scientific community doesn't and practically never did.).

Quote:
I dont dispute survival of the fittest, it is readily observed, it is observed in every level of nature and social interaction.

Interesting, but it does surprise me a bit. So all you do dispute are the mutational changes that are beneficial?

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: NITRO_2008] #221441
08/14/08 02:32
08/14/08 02:32
Guangzhou China
bomber Offline
bomber  Offline

Guangzhou China
You guys don't even know shit about Chinese history, Taiwan was always China's but it got conqued by japan in the 1890s the Japanese gave back Taiwan when they lost ww2, then civil wars broke up in China the communist party drove the Kuomintang party to Taiwan, The ruling party in taiwan(Kuomintang party)still reconize themselfs as Chinese but not a part of The Peoples Republic Of China!
As for Tibet, Tibet was a part of China since the 13 century, the Dala Lama wants to split Tibet even though the people don't, if there was a vote there then the Dala Lama would not win, the Dala Lama is just an idoit who escape to India when the civil war ended, now with dreams to split China, which is not going to happen!

"I don't know what the facts are but somebody's certainly going to sit down with him and find out what he knows that they may not know, and make sure he knows what they know that he may not know."
————Donald Rumfeld
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: bomber] #221508
08/14/08 12:42
08/14/08 12:42
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
You guys don't even know shit about Chinese history,
We get fed propaganda just like anybody else.

Quote:
which is not going to happen
This was my original point (as NITRO_2008). Noone is going to stop China. With 1.5 billion people, there is little that anyone can do for Tibet. My theory is that we should stop trying to cry for Tibet when as you said, they have been a part of China for 800 years.

So I agree with you. smirk

Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: NITRO777] #221596
08/15/08 02:34
08/15/08 02:34
Guangzhou China
bomber Offline
bomber  Offline

Guangzhou China
excuse me! Are u Chinese?!Tibet was never conquered by China they merged when a Chinese princess married a Tibetan king, and it was that princess that brought Buddism to tibet!

"I don't know what the facts are but somebody's certainly going to sit down with him and find out what he knows that they may not know, and make sure he knows what they know that he may not know."
————Donald Rumfeld
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: bomber] #221613
08/15/08 04:34
08/15/08 04:34
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
become chinese! 1.3 billion people can't be wrong!

bomber, why are you so agro? settle down. no one is insulting you or your country. how much do you know about german history? the history of the netherlands? aussie history?

there's nothing wrong with correcting people, but there's plenty wrong with being agro and over-defensive.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: NITRO_2008] #221628
08/15/08 07:35
08/15/08 07:35
Guangzhou China
bomber Offline
bomber  Offline

Guangzhou China
Originally Posted By: NITRO_2008
I am not aware of Netherlands history but I am sure that there was some kind of barbarian tribe which took your land to begin with, I think it was the Franks which finally held it and it was part of the 17 provinces held by the Dukes of Burgundy. Whichever group finally held on to it only did so through brute violence. The only reason why you sit comfortably in front of your computer is because some king and some army decided that they were going to O_C_C_U_P_Y your land. Do you wish to give it back or do you feel like the Netherlands truly has a "right" to it?

I thought that was the USA's job to bully and occupy countries, tibet was never conquered it merged with China by marrage.And Julz I'm not being agro and over-defensive. I'm just telling them the facts!

Last edited by bomber; 08/15/08 07:43.

————Donald Rumfeld
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: NITRO_2008] #221637
08/15/08 08:27
08/15/08 08:27
Guangzhou China
bomber Offline
bomber  Offline

Guangzhou China
Originally Posted By: NITRO_2008
[quote] But as you said; if OIL is found in Tibet then that changes everything. Maybe then someone could help them. But even if the US and all of Europe defended Tibet I shudder to think about what conflict with China would mean....

yeah what the US would want oil, but over 90% of tibetans are against seperation^

————Donald Rumfeld
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: bomber] #221685
08/15/08 14:00
08/15/08 14:00
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Ive researched your last posts bomber and it turns out that you are 13 years old.
Quote:
(I'm 13 and I'm probably the best there),

Im not "age-prejudiced" but I also am not willing to argue about politics and governments with a 13 year old. So therefore I have withdrawn my original statements...I am not saying that in being 13 that you are automatically wrong, as a matter of fact there are many many brilliant 13 year olds, but I have no desire to argue with any of them.

Last edited by TriNitroToluene; 08/15/08 16:31.
Re: I love the Dalai Lama but... [Re: bomber] #222072
08/17/08 21:14
08/17/08 21:14
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: bomber
excuse me! Are u Chinese?!Tibet was never conquered by China they merged when a Chinese princess married a Tibetan king, and it was that princess that brought Buddism to tibet!

That's one version of the story, but I've heard many already. smile

Besides, if it's true it only sort of proves how the Dalai Lama isn't anywhere near the 'rightful leader' of Tibet anyways... but that's less the problem as the whole conflict definitely revolves around mainly the resources of Tibet, aka lots of money and power, if you ask me.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite