I got also some interesting responses on my (german, though) RUDI workshop. Most people complained about that the source is "kinda different" from the things used in Gamestudio. I realized that most people just read the tutorials and never figured out that Lite-C has something to do with C.

I think, when introducing Lite-C to the reader, the first thing should be really a differentiation between Lite-C as programming language and the engine being "hinged" in. All engine instructions and stuff are just engine stuff, not "really" integral part of Lite-C.

It is a very.. hmm.. complicated thing. On the one hand a new user wants to "do stuff" with the engine and with Gamestudio. On the other hand he doesn't learn Lite-C (or better: C) programming if he just uses the engine commands and gets no insight in the power of the with the pointer concept, structs and some basic datastructures, etc. Though, when going to much or too fast into this direction and the user loses interest because its "non-game-related" programming.

If I would asked to do something, I would start taking one of those excellent open books (if the license allows this), adapting to Lite-C (because C and Lite-C are a bit different), while adding examples showing something nicely with the engine instruction. I would not start to reinvent the wheel!