My contest submission is called "a7titude"

Here are some screenshots:

The entry has been already submitted to George, so there is no time issue here wink

Download: http://www.christian-behrenberg.de/projects/a7titude/downloads/a7itude_source_2008-06-15.rar

Needs an installed OGG driver! The public version (the packaged one) will include an OGG installer, of course.

Description:

a7titude is a game of skill which ensembles several tricky puzzles which have to be solved to get to the next stage to get more and more points to reach the highscore. The game has been done for the Conitec 100 lines contest (June 2008) which involves programming limitations like only 100 semicolons as delimiters for lines and only a sourcecode filesize of max. 10 kB. a7titude fulfills these requirements and is still a cool game. Ensembling the very well received but not used A7 logo design, a7titude is also a hommage to the A7 game engine community. Filled with rockin' tunes from the very well know electronic artist Binärpilot from Norway, an easy to understand but hard to master gameplay, you are asked if vou've git the right a7titude. The a7titude to make games, to play games, to have fun or chill with style while listening to a fine selection of electronica music.

How to play:

You can proof your a7titude while solving tricky puzzles to get the highscore . There is the "play all" mode and single trials. When you play all stages, you play them after another. If you play them single-wise, you just play it once.

In a stage there are up to 14 levels. Each level is a puzzle which has to be solved. A puzzle can be solved if you ignite the lightbulb by touching it. simply collect the ligtning dot in the starter circle and move it with the mouse to the bulb. Each bulb has, though, surrounding rays of light or other things. Each stage has different types of puzzles, too. There are a lot of things to be taken into account before solving a puzzle without losing too much points. When you ignite the bulp, you get points and when you crash with obstacles, you lose points. You can not die, you can just get down to zero points.

Each stage bases upon a Binärpilot song. The stage is only open for you as long as the song plays. When the song is finished, you automatically get to the next stage (or: you finish the last puzzle before the song ends). When you reach another stage in the play all mode, you unlock it for later single trial.

Enjoy!

Notes: I was only able to produce 2 of 4 planned stages, so the first one is easier compared to the second one which was intended as stage 3. Plus, the source contains code to analyse precalculated volume data during runtime. I had no chance to make content to visualize it so I skipped it to even *finish* the game. Future versions could feature this feature.. oh well.

C&C are welcome.

Bye bye
- Christian

Last edited by HeelX; 06/16/08 01:41.