Originally Posted By: TriNitroToluene
does anyone know why they would sell the creature editor as a seperate software than the actual spore game? It seems to me that the creature editor would be included in the game...so what would be the benefit of getting the creature editor in addition to the game?

Yes it's included in the full game as well.. if you like you can buy the creator now and later on enter a coupon code and get a discount... the amount you've paid for the creature creator. It's all marketing to create a hype.

Quote:
Also, maybe just Europe, but we dont have to pre-order the creature editor here, it is already available...its the game itself that can be pre-ordered.

Yeah, we can buy the Creature Creator here also, I've just done this.. no pre-order and I could simply download the full Creature Creator afterwards.

Quote:
i doubt it would save as .fbx if it doesn't export to it. they want people to share their creations all over the internet, and everything you play against to be someone else's creation. it's probably a very small format of their own with just enough information for spore to figure the rest out procedurally.

Yeah, I suppose you are right about that. It wouldn't make sense to send large model files all over the internet when the creature creator only needs some parameters to figure it out procedurally anyways,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software