Quote:
Quote:
i doubt it would save as .fbx if it doesn't export to it. they want people to share their creations all over the internet, and everything you play against to be someone else's creation. it's probably a very small format of their own with just enough information for spore to figure the rest out procedurally.

Yeah, I suppose you are right about that. It wouldn't make sense to send large model files all over the internet when the creature creator only needs some parameters to figure it out procedurally anyways,
after playing around a bit, i think i was wrong wink. the editor builds builds the meshes "metaball"-style (you can see that as particular body-parts grow without looking low-poly, and how if you place arms too close together they attatch to each other), but then the models themselves look somewhat cleaner when in use. also, in the sporeapedia, pre-made models load faster than the textures alone when switching between build-mode and paint-mode (or at least, the speed is comparable). so i think it does save them as a more useable file-type.

i think the distribution of the creature creator so early is more than just marketing and testing (while those are definitely parts of it)... the full game itself is supposed to be filled with creatures other players made, and from the first time i heard of this i wondered how the first players would come across many other creatures of higher complexity. this early release is how.

julz

what have you guys made?
Ithorian:

Strider:

Teddy Bear:

Last edited by JulzMighty; 06/19/08 20:12. Reason: added creature names

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!