Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Alternative to Stooq for Zorro S
by cwford. 10/09/26 21:13
Stooq now requires an API key
by cwford. 10/08/26 23:27
ZorroGPT
by TipmyPip. 10/06/26 05:32
Purchase A8 full licence version
by jcl. 10/05/26 12:12
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Dorifto samurai
Shadow 2
Rocker`s Revenge
Stug 3 Stormartillery
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, TipmyPip), 18,011 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JimSimons, julienp, julienper, KelleyAbbey, Yopachi
19246 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Does phent_ control time_step itself? #212750
06/24/08 01:38
06/24/08 01:38
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
C
Coisox Offline OP
Junior Member
Coisox  Offline OP
Junior Member
C

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
I apply time_step inside c_move function. But do I need to apply time_step into physic function (eg. phent_addtorqueglobal)? Or physic control time_step itself?

What I notice, my ball movement (using physic) is much faster on slower machine. And my ball seems heavier on faster machine. Its reverse to c_move. c_move become slower on slower machine.

Re: Does phent_ control time_step itself? [Re: Coisox] #212751
06/24/08 01:48
06/24/08 01:48
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 353
A
amy Offline
Senior Member
amy  Offline
Senior Member
A

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 353
You must not use time_step with physics engine forces.

Re: Does phent_ control time_step itself? [Re: amy] #212753
06/24/08 01:55
06/24/08 01:55
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
C
Coisox Offline OP
Junior Member
Coisox  Offline OP
Junior Member
C

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Then what do you think happening to my ball? It moves lighter and faster on slower machine. I have another object that I move using c_move and that object speed is maintain between fast/slow machine. But just for the ball, its different. How to control the ball movement? Should I lock the FPS? I hope not.

Re: Does phent_ control time_step itself? [Re: Coisox] #212762
06/24/08 02:45
06/24/08 02:45
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 353
A
amy Offline
Senior Member
amy  Offline
Senior Member
A

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 353
I don´t know what happens to your ball. Can you show your code? Maybe you apply the force for one frame only?

Re: Does phent_ control time_step itself? [Re: amy] #212764
06/24/08 03:00
06/24/08 03:00
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
C
Coisox Offline OP
Junior Member
Coisox  Offline OP
Junior Member
C

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Thx for your fast reply. So you are confident that the physic maintain its speed on different machine? Then I'll check my code. Must have some mistake. Or I maybe because I didnt close several application (photoshop, irc, flash) while running the code...

P/S: My code is too messy. I cant imagine how to cut and paste the code here. :p


Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1