|
0 registered members (),
4,161
guests, and 0
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Strange lighting problem
#221746
08/15/08 23:48
08/15/08 23:48
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 67
crumply
OP
Junior Member
|
OP
Junior Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 67
|
Hey, Look at this picture, notice how the lighting looks strange on the tiles. Each tile is a set of 2 triangles however for some odd reason there is a shadow in the corner of each. I would like to try and prevent this but I do not know the cause so I post here in the hope that someone in the know can figure out what's going wrong. This is a model made in blender and shown in Lite-C free. Also, in med without texture (but shaded) the model looks like this meaning its probably a problem with the model but I don't know what.
Last edited by crumply; 08/16/08 00:54.
|
|
|
Re: Strange lighting problem
[Re: crumply]
#221766
08/16/08 07:38
08/16/08 07:38
|
mercuryus
Unregistered
|
mercuryus
Unregistered
|
Make the model "hard edged". Means make each face separate (vertices are not attached). -> MED: mark a face, copy it, delete it, paste it.
|
|
|
Re: Strange lighting problem
[Re: ]
#221783
08/16/08 12:53
08/16/08 12:53
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,900 Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer
Senior Expert
|
Senior Expert
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,900
Bielefeld, Germany
|
In MED: Vertex Mode: Select All: Merge
Now the all neighbored faces are connected.
This should make the shadow in WED like you wish. In case, it does not, post a screen.
Additional: Did you place cube by cube, with the hidden faces still in place. I mean, if there are still faces between the cubes, they change the shadow properties, too.
Make sure that there are no hidden faces.
|
|
|
|