Quote:
just perhaps not with native functions, but the advertisements never stated it was achieveable using only the native functionality. You can extend it at will.

Perhaps you don't use the multiplayer capabilities of 3dgs, but a lot of people intend to do so using the native capabilities. Nowadays games, and I do not even mean to compete with AAA games really, easily have 12 vs. 12 players in multiplayer or much more. That's something I never got to work with 3dgs. 24 players in total isn't MMO, but if there would be a more optimized / better multiplayer functionality in 3dgs, I would have continued my multiplayer projects.

Most of the current projects have no multiplayer at all.

Also, despite being able to extend the engine to whatever you'd want, it is suggested on the main site to be part of the (native) features.

Apparently, it's difficult to use in practice for the really big multiplayer projects... the MMO kind of things.

I do not have any experience with such projects though, but I can say I had a difficult time with multiplayer of 3dgs even with small to medium sized projects.

In general though I always assume(d) to be the culprit myself and not the engine, as my coding skills aren't the best.

Quote:
You can do multiplayer just fine using plugins or other means of extensions.

Same goes for everything on the forecast page, so it's a bit of a non-argument if you ask me. wink I do agree with you for the most part though.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software