Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,499 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: Angelus1818] #225248
09/03/08 16:11
09/03/08 16:11
Leon_Kennedy Offline OP
Leon_Kennedy  Offline OP

Angelus -

No worries on the accusation. I actually got this as a gift from someone I know, so I technically didn't pay for it. This person knows that I am trying to write games, and figured that I could use this. I normally don't ask questions when my buddies give me stuff (cuz they are usually legit), but I will ask him about this seeing as .05 is supposed to be a beta version.

As far as being on Silent Walk - yes, that's me. I downloaded the trial version last night to see what it looks like, and play around with it. I need to run through the manual so I can see how things work (cuz my playing with it wasn't the greatest), and if I like it I'm gonna purchase the full version and get started. But don't hold your breath on that - I didn't exactly like what I saw so far in the trial version. Yeah, it's easy to set up the terrain and walls. But the weapons? Need to read the manual first.

(As an aside to the above, I am thinking about just sticking with 3DGS at this point. I'm used to WED, and will run through a few more tutorials on SED and MED. But 3DGS is good so far, so I'll probably stick to this.)

As far as your question on def_moveset, your main function should look like this:

Code:
function main()
{
def_moveset();
level_load("first.wmb");
wait(3);
}

This is how I have my main function in game.c, and it works beautifully. Try setting up game.c like the above and see what happens.

Last edited by Leon_Kennedy; 09/03/08 16:12.
Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: Leon_Kennedy] #225280
09/03/08 20:01
09/03/08 20:01
Hrvatska (Croatia ), Slavonski...
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Originally Posted By: Leon_Kennedy
Wow, am I a noob on this. And I am smarter than this - I should have been able to figure that out on my own. Thanks for the advice. I did what you said, and now things work fantastically.

Still have one question, though. When I have first.c (or is it first.wdl?) assigned as the script, I have no movement in WED. However, if I load the script first.c (or is it first.wdl?) in SED and run, I have movement. Why is this? Why would I be able to move in SED but not WED?

EDIT: Thought of another question. Once I am all done with the tutorials and start working on my own games, I am going to modify game.c to state "game_name" instead of "first". So I can then use that script in WED, which is no big deal. But, when I am all done, do I need to change the script over to game_name.c before distribution?

1.I think that you have bug in wed..Which version of 3DGS do you have?
2. .WDL is C-scripts programming language;
.C is Lite-c programming language;
3.When you "Publish" the game,".exe" will have the same name as in this case "game_name.c"(main game script file);

Originally Posted By: Angelus1818
Hello,

First off Leon_Kennedy I am so sorry that I accused you of piracy, that was wrong of me. I apologize for it. Also are you on the Silent Walk forums? Or is it just someone with the same username. Someone with your user name just registered there. Thats a fun site, great people, like this one. Well I hope you can forgive me smile

cro_games,

I am having some trouble still making my levels run. I made the script file with the code you provided (with movement code) but in wed it says it fails to load game.c! I assigned it to to WED through the Map Properties so I have no idea whats wrong. All I can think of is that I pasted the movment code inside the () part of the function.main code. Does it go in there the () part or at the very end beside it? This is what my code looks like now:

#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>

function main(def_moveset(); // default camera movement)
{
level_load("first.wmb");
wait(3);
}

Notice the line "def_moveset(); // default camera movement" is nestled inside function main's () is this what it should look like?

#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>

function main()def_moveset(); // default camera movement
{
level_load("first.wmb");
wait(3);
}

Now notice it's beside it. Which way is correct? Or is either of them correct?
Sorry i'm such a n00b here. Thanks for your help in advance.

And LeonK,

I'm sorry I don't know the answers to your questions frown

function name()
{//start
//end
}

Right code:

function main()//main function
{//start
level_load("first.wmb");//load level
wait(3);//wait for 3 ms
def_moveset();//move camera
//end
}

Last edited by cro_games; 09/03/08 20:07.

Hello everyone my name is Ivan Mandic from "Frozen pixel studio". wink
-----------------------------------
Homepage: www.fpx-studio.com
e-mail: emu_hunter_1990@hotmail.com
(working on a game engine)
Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: cro_games] #225312
09/03/08 22:57
09/03/08 22:57
A
Angelus1818 Offline
Angelus1818  Offline
A

Ok I made progress, I think :S

I forgot to rename the wmb file to the name of my wmb file. In your example it was geared twords LeaonK. But my level was not named "first" it was named S1L1.
So in the script I changed the line where it said "first.wmb" to S1L1.wmb, but I get the same errors as if I run it through wed itself.

Can't open wmb file

And something else I am blanking on right now....But the main one is that it does not run. It just says that then closes. It is very frusterating. Any help would be great, you've been wonderfull cro_games.

BTW I'm running 3DGS Extra 7.10 if that means a thing. If that is wrong I'm at the latest version is all.

And LeonK,

As much as I love Silent Walk you should know somethings...

Trust me here I have over 250 posts there laugh

1: Zoltan the developer of SW has stopped development, because people have been using key gens on his software and hacking pay pal to get it. So you can't buy it anymore.

2: It uses DX7 frown this is horrible beacuse the graphics suck with the games we make with it. Ohh well though the good news is a coming!

3: It can only be used for FPSs frown

4: He, Zoltan is making new software called P3D (Plutonium3D) it will be 100 times better than SW2 and guess what...FREE!!!! And it just might use DX8.1 or 9.0!!! W00t!!! So Hold tight for that beacuse SW was one of the most amazing game builders i've seen as far as level building in 3D. I loved the "drag and drop" approach in 3D. P3D will be just like that.

But I agree, 3DGS is much better than anything else i've come across. If you atleast have the Commercial edition you can get all these plugins and stuff. The graphics can get so goood with plugins like Boh_Havoc's Shade-C Coming out really soon. Look on youtube for "valley shace-c test scene" you won't belive what 3DGS can do!!!

Anyway I can't wait to get started here once I can test my levels i'll be so happy!!! Nice talking with ya!!!!

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: Angelus1818] #225319
09/03/08 23:27
09/03/08 23:27
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

You need to see do you have "S1L1.wmb" file in game folder,if you don't,you need to compile level,and if you don't get "S1L1.wmb" copy the neme of the ".wmb" file that you do have in game folder and add it in this code:

Code:
#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>

function main()
{
level_load("first.wmb");
wait(3);
def_moveset();
}

p.s.
Script file needs to be "name.c" and not "name.wdl"..
And try to run game from SED first.

Last edited by cro_games; 09/03/08 23:32.

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: cro_games] #225399
09/04/08 11:53
09/04/08 11:53
A
Angelus1818 Offline
Angelus1818  Offline
A

Wow, I must be a n00b at heart. I'm stil getting errors.

"can't open S1L1.wmp"

"can't open level"

hmmm....I don't know what game folder your talking about. My comp. probly has about 20 folders named "game". So that might be the issue. But I coppied your code. Then eresed where it said "First" and made it say S1L1. (Keeping the wmb part)

And yes I copiled it in WED as well. I don't know whats wrong here. But i'm sure you do! Thanks a bunch it really is so nice of you to help!

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: Angelus1818] #225436
09/04/08 14:47
09/04/08 14:47
Leon_Kennedy Offline OP
Leon_Kennedy  Offline OP

Angelus -

Do the following, and this should take care of your problem:

1. Create a new folder called "My Game" in the directory c:\program files\GStudio7\work.
2. Open SED, and open up the script "game.c".
3. Save the script in the new folder you created.
4. Open WED, and open up the level that you are working on.
5. Click on File/Map Properties, and set the script to be "game.c" from the new folder.
6. Save the level in the new folder you created.
7. Compile the level. This should automatically compile it in the new directory.
8. Run the level in WED.

If you continue to get errors after this, post them here.

(Listen to me - 1 week with the program and I sound like an old pro at this.)

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: Leon_Kennedy] #225492
09/04/08 19:59
09/04/08 19:59
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Change the name of "S1L1.wmp" file,to "level.wmp" and than compile.
You can save project in any folder,and you can run it from SED.

Last edited by cro_games; 09/04/08 20:00.

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: cro_games] #225524
09/04/08 23:10
09/04/08 23:10
A
Angelus1818 Offline
Angelus1818  Offline
A

OMFG!!!!

More errors!! I thank you both for the extensive help but it's just not working.

When I selected "game.c" in wed it said "can't open game.c" And I whent on anyway but when I ran I got nothing but A black screen!!! AHHHH!!!!

So frustrating! I want to get started on my games! Thanks in advance for further help guys, I know i must be a pain frown

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: Angelus1818] #225527
09/04/08 23:29
09/04/08 23:29
cro_games Offline
User
cro_games  Offline
User

Download this .rar file,extract folder from it,open "game.c" that is in folder and go on run..

level_test.rar

Last edited by cro_games; 09/04/08 23:33.

Re: Level will not run after compiling [Re: cro_games] #225633
09/05/08 13:35
09/05/08 13:35
A
Angelus1818 Offline
Angelus1818  Offline
A

Well it worked.....the test game that you sent me. I saw "Rudie" falling over again and again, I was able to move around and the screen was not black at all, and there was visible lighting. I have come to conclude it is an....Operator error on my part lol. Although you probably knew this already. Thanks for the test level as I know my Game Studio is not F'd up now. But now I feal like a complete dunce. So it's good and bad. Well what do I do now? lol sorry man you must be as frustrated as I am right about now. Trying to explain this to someone who just can't get it right. Thanks so much for all your help, both of you, it means alot.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de